A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,209
Currently Running With Scissors:
453 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Beauty Secrets  (Read 49734 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bruisedfruit

still sweet and delicious

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2005 07:43:44 AM »

Concerning the curly hair thing:

I have curly (& I mean curly) hair, and one thing I've learned is to NEVER wrap your hair in a towel after a shower. I used to wrap it up in a "turban" (as my mom would always call it) after I showered to keep it off of me, help dry it quicker, etc. NOT worth it. My hair would always be frizzy, and no matter what I did, it wouldn't smooth out. So now after I shower, I comb it until all of the knots are out (upside down, too) and squeeze it like a you would a wet towel. It dries MUCH nicer. This helps esp. in the summer. Hope this helps!

Just wanted to say THANK YOU! I have coarse/thick wavy hair and it was always frizzy, no matter what product I tried or how I styled it. Well, I always wrapped it turban style with my towel and left it that way while I applied make-up, lotion, etc... I followed your advice and stopped wrapping it period and wow! No more frizz! I don't even have to use any products on it and it's soft and shiny always! I just squeeze the water out with my hands and let it dry naturally. At first the dripping on my shoulders was annoying, but it's so worth it now that I see the results. Thank you so much for your wisdom!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sunt lacrimae rerum...
lazookie
« Reply #111 on: September 04, 2005 11:41:18 AM »

I love doing all sorts of treatments for beauty.

I moisturize daily, use a moisturizer with SPF so you don't need to use sunblock on your face. Everyone should use moisturizer, even oily/acne prone people. It's all in the type you use. The drier your skin, the heavier type you should get. (balm, spray, lotion...) I personally like neutrogena it's not too bad price wise, and it lasts me all season.

I like vaseline for my lips and as a make-up remover. I also like MAC lip balm with spf, it's great.

I have very very curly unruly hair. Fortunately, I chemically straighten it, which is also very drying. Oh yeah, I highlight it too and flat iron with a ceramic iron (VERY valuable!) almost every day. It's a miracle I'm not bald. I just have really resistant hair, it doesn't straighten well, so it also doesn't fall out easily. Plus it's very thick. So my solution to constantly damaging my hair.... don't wash it much. Experiment and see how long you can go without washing your hair. It sounds gross, but if your hair's as damaged as mine it will be good for it. The oil from every day wear and tear moisturizes.

Stay beautiful everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lyrem591
That's Mrs. Daniel Radcliffe to you

you didn't see anything...

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 04, 2005 12:24:07 PM »

this does sound gross, but the natural oils are good for you hair. unfortunately, i can't do this one, because i have a very oily scalp. it gets all stinky if i don't wash it everyday. EW! my dad calls me cheese head. anyways........

i have lots of friends that wash their hair every other day, but make sure you still take showers!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"...thrashing around like a pair of eels all over the place..."--Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
lazookie
« Reply #113 on: September 05, 2005 03:21:38 PM »

but make sure you still take showers!!!

Yeah, I shower every day I'm not that gross lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chocohalic13

This **** is bananas! B-A-N-A-N-A-S!!!

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 07, 2005 01:30:51 PM »

here's a link to a discussion about beauty secrets on the YM boards... there's a bunch of good ideas...

http://boards.ym.com/thread.jspa?messageID=3752848&#3752848
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Im not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship. Helen Keller

Love doesn't have a happy ending... cuz love is forever.

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.- E.E. Cummings

Life is a fairy tale, you just have to get past the evil step mother part
Lostlipgloss
« Reply #115 on: September 07, 2005 07:17:16 PM »

if you rinse your hair in cold water or run ice cubes through your hair it makes it shinier! I also heard that Jennifer Aniston crushes two aspirins in her normal shampoo insted of buying dandruff shampoo, because it does the same job, maybe even better! so supposevely that works to keep dandruff away!  Cheesy

Very not true =)
But! IF you do that, it will help your hair. It will close your hair "pores (you could call them" which will make it less vunerable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pwntbygirl.
quitelovely

Pancakes anyone?

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 31, 2005 11:20:48 AM »

A cheap exfolilator that works....a tsp. or so of granulated sugar mixed with an itty bit of olive oil, rub on face or body and then remove with warm water

Also if you take a warm washcloth and rub it on your lips it will take away all that nasty skin you get sometimes especially after wearing lipgloss or lipstick and it gives your lips a nice pinky-red glow Wink

I've also heard that orange juice is a good pore tightener...and bananas...

Sorry if these (or a version of) were posted already...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Compassion: my twisted weakness, my downfall, the illness to which so many others have become immune.
Kaltblutig

What is kewler than being kewl?

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 08, 2005 09:07:12 PM »

Hello there!

I have very long, straight hair, and I only wash it every 5 or 6th day...   Shocked
I find that it does make a difference, the ends are not as dry as they used to be... My stylist also recommenced to bush it twice a day so that the natural oil get spread more evenly.

When my hair looks really gross (on the 5th day lol), I sprinkle baby powder or even loose (make up) powder only on the roots, then comb it. The powder kinda absorbs the oil.... it's no miracle, though. And no, it doesn't make the hair look greyish, it blends after you comb it.

Also,r a quick fix for oily roots: hairspray. Most ot them contain alcool, which is drying. Make sure you only spritz it on the roots... NEVER on the ends!!!!

I also use moisturizing cream to tame flyaways and on the ends; it prevents split-ends and it kind of provides the oilf/fat/protein your ends never get.

This is gross, but it works: mayonnaise is a fantastic hair mask. Put a generous amount troughout your hair (except roots if you have very oily strands!), cover with a plastic bag, set your blowdryer on it, the hotter, the better (heat won't damage your hair since its all slathered in fat). Only 5 minutes of "blowdrying" should do. Then wash after 25 minutes, no need to keep it longer. Fat, proteins and acid is all your hair needs. Fat to protect it, protein to nourrish it, acid to lock-in the scales thus making your hair super shiny...

Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Strutter
« Reply #118 on: November 25, 2005 10:12:44 PM »

pioneerthinking.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the.fee.fairy
Faeryish

Flying free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: November 26, 2005 07:10:09 AM »

i don't know if anyone's linked it yet:

www.longhaircommunity.com

my hair has thanked me for it ever since. i now only wash my hair with conditioner, and i only use a comb and a bristle brush. Every week i shampoo my bristle brush, and then i put half a teaspoon (approx) sweet almond oil into the palm of my hand and sweep the bristle brush through it. Just make sure that you don't brush the roots the first tijme you use it, and that the hair is still damp so that the oil soaks in.

I love LHC!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

'The Secret to living's Not Dying' - Kilnaboy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon A610/A620: Set for Product Photography
Canon A610/A620: Set for Portrait Scene
Canon A610/A620: Set for People-in-Landscape Scene
Canon A610/A620: Set for Indoor Scene
Canon A610/A620: Set for Panoramic Scene
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...