A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,759
Currently Running With Scissors:
643 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Beauty Secrets  (Read 49447 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

octagonfudge
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2005 10:15:19 PM »

Okay, I've got a couple-

Eyebrows-
If you've not plucked them yourself, you should probably go and have them professionally done.  Be vocal with the person doing it, and tell them exactly what you want.  Don't try and do pencil-thin ones right away, just have them shape up your natural brow shape.  You'll be happier, and it's not as drastic.  Waxing doesn't hurt that bad, really!  It's much better than tweezing them ALL yourself.  You can tweeze the strays after you wax them, and it gets you used to it.  After you do it for a while, it really doesn't hurt anymore (I started tweezing them at about 13 after my mom forced my head into her lap to get rid of my unibrow and now I'm 22 and I don't even flinch).

If you're going to bite the bullet and shape them yourself- do it after shower or after you leave a hot washcloth on your face, it helps out a lot! - grab them by the root, as close as you can, it hurts waaaaaay less- after you're done do the ice cube business but not BEFORE because it makes your pores tighter and thus more painful with the yanking - to make sure you don't overpluck, you can use a white eyeliner to mark the ones you want to pluck before you start, then you dont end up overachieving!

General-

Hydrate!  Mostly, pay attention to your body with the whole water debate, I've found.  if you're thirsty, drink water instead of something else.  And then have a coke if you want.  But your body will thank you.  Invest in good skincare, good face soap, and do it religiously.  Don't go to bed with dirty skin, especially if you use makeup!  I actually stopped wearing makeup and my skin feels so much better- now when I do wear it my skin says "yuck!".  (But I break down and use some eyeshadow sometimes, and things like that, cause it's fun!)  If your skin is cleared up with good face products, what's all the foundation, concealer, etc for, really?  Also sleep enough, and do nice things for yourself.  it makes you feel prettier anyway.

Gah!  that was a lot.  This is fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jumped on the bandwagon- www.octagonfudge.bl ogspot.com
53R3N4.//
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2005 09:10:47 PM »

Cut out soft drinks and try to keep chocolate and lollies to a once-a-week thing.

Susan

thats actually a proven fact thigny by derms..
food or junk food that you eat has no relation to your skin whatsoever.
so eat all the chocoalte you want or lolly pops
but my parents tell me that every time a bump comes theyre like OMG THATS FROM ALL THE CHOCOALTE
then this one day i went and read one of my magazines and it even said that fact that it doesnt have relation
so you can all be ahppy and eat your chocolate without the feeling of oh crap zits tomorow
Smiley
♥
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brokendove
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2005 05:42:01 AM »

Tumeric helps dry out pimples, and then u just exfoliate the yellow stain off.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Website is
http://www.Craftbits.com
http://www.Craftbits.com.au
& now www.craftgossip.com

Free & Funky Craft Projects
Step by Step instructions
Soap & Beauty Recipes
Knitting & Sewing Projects
and 1000's more projects
ysolda
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2005 06:43:12 AM »

hmm.... I have problems believing eating crap doesn't hurt your skin - eating plenty of fruit and veg certainly makes a difference.
I have hideously sensitive skin - all those teenage cleansers and stuff really messed it around as well
at the moment the only products I use are made by neal's yard (British company)  and Korres (Greek company) both only use natural ingredients so at least no icky chemicals although I've certainly had problems with natural ingredients too. Korres make a great light moisturiser for young skin but it is pricey, but I decided worth it. They also do sunscreens, I literally wear sunscreen every day and I live in Scotland - even when you're not getting remotely tanned/burnt the sun is still damaging you - and make sure your sunscreen provides broad spectrum protection 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitting patterns and all sorts of  crafty adventures: http://ysolda.me.uk
squeaky-queen
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2005 11:53:23 AM »

Get enough sleep!

Try not to stress!

Seriously, these two things would cure so many beauty ailments if we could all just do it. But I live in *reality* so I know it isn't always possible Wink

For myself,

Oil Cleansing Treatment, nightly.  Get some castor oil and extra-virgin olive oil from the grocery store, and mix them in a 1:1 ratio (you will need to do some experimenting to find the right ratio for your skin, so start in small quantities).  Pour a good amount into the palm of your hand, rub hands together, and massage into a dry face.  Massage for a few minutes - it should feel warm and relaxing.  Get a washcloth and wet it with steaming hot water.  Hold the washcloth to your face and let the steam vapors heat your skin and open your pores.  Do this a few times, and use the washcloth to wipe the oils off your face.  Wipe with the washcloth until your face no longer feels oily, but dewy and soft.  You do not need to use soap at all, and it takes the makeup off very well.   I have very cloggy pores, and the clogs just float to the surface when I do this! you can just wipe the cloggies away with the washcloth, and the face is very smooth afterwards.  I would not recommend using this method in the shower, though - oil on the shower floor is not safe!

pure peppermint essential oil on the scalp.  Especially in the summer, a few drops of Peppermint essential oil massaged into a freshly-washed scalp feels amazing, helps curb dandruff, and stimulates bloodflow to encourage healthy hair growth.

baking soda mixed into any liquid cleanser makes a nice light exfoliating wash.

Table salt and olive oil make a great heavy scrub - good for heels and elbows.

plain green tea is a very nice facial toner - full of antioxidants and vitamins.  Make sure to store it in the fridge so it doesn't grow nasties.  Feels amazing in the summer time.

As far as the eyebrow tweezing goes, try getting an eyebrow pencil in a radically different color from your brows (like blue) and drawing right over your brows - draw the shape that you want them to be, then just pluck away the hairs that are not contained within the shape you drew.

Dark green lettuce helps fight zits.  Crush and bruise dark green lettuce leaves and tape/bandage them in a little wad on top of the zit overnight.  The chlorophyll has a drawing action and will help draw the pimple to the surface.

heavy cream and honey in a bath will make your skin soft (lactic acid, milkfat, and natural sugars) and moist.  But omit the honey if you are prone to yeast infections.

Take a daily vitamin, and I suggest finding a good Omega 3/6/9, or take flax oil.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
kidkoala
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2005 02:17:24 AM »

Dark green lettuce helps fight zits.  Crush and bruise dark green lettuce leaves and tape/bandage them in a little wad on top of the zit overnight.  The chlorophyll has a drawing action and will help draw the pimple to the surface.

I'm so going to try that right now.
... I'm assuming spinich will work right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying."
                      -Woody Allen
i_love_sasuke
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2005 08:19:01 AM »

i can't belive no one has mensioned this yet Roll Eyes

if you want soft,pretty,kissable lips, i reccomend(sp?) using chapstick all year round.i like the kirkland signature ones in cherry.

toothpaste put on zits overnight dries them out, although this is not for sensetive skin. it can also overdry your skin and make it very red(im typing from experience here)

dark chocolate, in moderation of course, is actually GOOD for you.milk and white chocolate do nothing though, so stir clear of those.

just wanted to put in my 3 cents of advice here Kiss
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005 09:53:10 AM by i_love_sasuke » THIS ROCKS   Logged
squeaky-queen
« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2005 07:20:35 AM »

I'm so going to try that right now.
... I'm assuming spinich will work right?

I don't see why not.  I used romaine in high school.  This won't make 'em disappear, but it does help them come to the surface so you can pop them and be done with it, though.  Once you can gently get the icky stuff out of there, everything's okay again Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kewlchik
« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2005 02:57:39 PM »

Aloe Vera plant. Break off a piece and then rub the jell that oozes out onto your face and let it dry. When I had acne prone skin as a teenager, I did this before I went to bed each night, washing it off in the morning, and my skin was the best it has ever been. You can save the leftover unused piece  in a baggie and just keep slicing it to use so you won't have to waste a plant, and it gives the plant a chance to recover and grow more. Also, I used to put Olive Oil on my hair and leave it in all day, then apply shampoo first, to break the oil up and then use water to finish the shampoo to wash it all out. When I was doing this on a weekly basis, my hair was shiny and the ends were smooth. Vaseline to remove your eye makeup makes your eyelashes grow, and if you use a cotton ball to rub it into your cuticles, it soothes them and repairs them. A tooth whitener is Baking Soda. Dip your toothbrush in and use it on your teeth (it tastes gross) and then brush with toothpaste. In about a week your teeth will be noticeably whiter, and you don't have to pay a fortune for it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CatyX
« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2005 03:41:24 PM »

Does anyone have any ideas for really, and I mean really, curly hair?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Street Style Standouts
Must Have Boots For Fall
Threads | T.I. Talks Clothing Line Akoo and Introduces Woman Line
Vivienne Westwood Gold Label - Paris Spring 2014 - Interviews & Runway
The 5 Must-Have Boots For Fall
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...