A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,010
Currently Running With Scissors:
645 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Beauty Secrets  (Read 53446 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

whitebeltamerica
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2005 07:26:07 AM »

Hahaha I have a jar of Cholesterol right now, it's in a big blue tub, Sallys used to carry it, probably still does. I bought it years ago when I used to bleach my hair out a lot.... it makes your hair really really soft but I wouldn't recommend using it frequently unless you have really damaged hair because it can be too sleek. Olive oil is good too, I've done that.
Apple Cider Vinegar is good for dandruf I've read, I haven't tried it yet because I'm terrified it will burn my scalp, I scratch my scalp because of dandruf.
It's been proven that cucumbers are really good for eyes, not just fun in 80s movies.
Oatmeal is great for your skin.
I use a mixture of seasalt and olive oil on my skin, it's great for feet. I see all these stores selling it like World Market and stuff for 10$... the sea salt is like a natural scrub, it helps break down tough spots on feet.
Vit E capsules rubbed on scars works for me.

I read in US Weekly I think that stars like Julia Roberts are now getting these uber expensive 'lemonade baths', the picture literally looked like a bucket of water and fresh cut lemons that you soak your feet in. I don't know what it's all about, but I've been thinking about trying it. Lemons are good for your skin, but they have a bleach effect, so not something to mess around with if you want your dark skin/tan.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<i>Vanessa America<i/>
Velour
Lady of the Scissors

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2005 01:25:36 PM »

Wow.

After reading all these tips, I have determined that one could spend weeks of their life beautifying themselves!  Wink

Ok, well, my main beauty problem I have is that my eyebrows are "without shape" to say the least. I'd love to get at them with some tweezers, but I'm a real wimp, unfortunetly.  Embarrassed

So when I go through that much pain, I'd really like to make sure that it is as effective/un-painful/efficient as possible. Any hints on the eyebrow-tweezing front? Huh

~V
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nothing is craftier than a story Smiley http://writwratwrote.wordpress.com/
laureg

*alchemist extraordinaire*

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2005 01:30:39 PM »

Putting Margarine in your hair makes it soooooooooooo incredibaly shiny ,soft and silky it's amazing. I had to do this when I was 8 (damn lice) and for the next 3 days my hair was perfect!

using an olive oil or jojoba oil mask (apply some olive oil, heat under shower cap with hairdryer or wrap microwaved damp towel around hair) would work well for this, too
THIS ROCKS   Logged

you are not the boss of me
lilgothkatt
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2005 01:39:46 PM »

I use horse conditioner on my hair and it's amazing stuff. I don't really like main and tail, I use Eqyss their stuff is kind of pricey but 1 bottle lasts almost a year and really works.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.Ibreedsockmonkeys.etsy.com

www.wists.com/lilgothkatt

I have a bunch of vintage linens for trade. Looking for neat halloween fabrics, day of the dead stuff, star wars stuff.
Shmooey
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2005 03:50:53 PM »

Wow.

After reading all these tips, I have determined that one could spend weeks of their life beautifying themselves!  Wink

Ok, well, my main beauty problem I have is that my eyebrows are "without shape" to say the least. I'd love to get at them with some tweezers, but I'm a real wimp, unfortunetly.  Embarrassed

So when I go through that much pain, I'd really like to make sure that it is as effective/un-painful/efficient as possible. Any hints on the eyebrow-tweezing front? Huh

~V

The most efficent, painless way to do your eyebrows is just to spend 8 bucks and get them done right, at a salon or something. 1- they will look perfect, and they will be properly shaped (no uh-ohs with a home-done overplucking or miscalculation) 2- it only lasts for a second, instead of taking 20 minutes of plucking.   This is something that if you arent used to doing yourself at home already- i think is definitly worth just having someone else do for you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
*lipgloss addict
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2005 06:32:00 PM »

soaking ur nails in warm olive oil for at least 5 min. would leave ur nails looking nice and healthy....and i think help growth? i unno i heard about it everywhere. i haven't tried, though my nails are long enough.
oh and let your nails "breathe" the most they can. in this case: don't use much nail polish, don't paint over polish that's already there (bad habit of mines. im too lazy) and manicures aren't really a must; they just make nails look nice which of course its not that bad.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
savethemanatees

reduce reuse recycle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2005 04:56:21 AM »

i like lemon juice.

after i wash my hair with regular shampoo i wash it with lemon juice . it makes it shiny and clean feeling and smells good.

and if i have an "almost pimple" i take steaming hot water onto a q tip and leave it on the pimple til it gets warm. then in the morning its "magically" a pimple...yay..lol. and then that night i put lemon juice on it and in the morning its reduced size or it dried.... or u could just use proactiv. that cleared those blackheads up over night. that stuff is magic in 3 bottles!

coco butter lotion works wonders on eczema. that perscription crap didnt do a thing except for make it worse. then when i started cocobutter my patches got all soft and went away. i have a patch on my scalp and i garnier fructise dandruff shampoo and lemon juice keeps it from getting all flaky or w/e.

for tweezing pain try that mouth numbing gel. it works good. once i woke up bc i forgot to take an ibuprofin for my braces bands i was wearing and reached into the numbing gel thinking it was ibuprofin. my fingers were numb for a few hours.

witch hazel toner is great. im not sure what it does .. but w/e it does its working.lol

i think im gonna experiment with lime juice next time i go to the grocery store...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Velour
Lady of the Scissors

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2005 03:26:17 PM »

Eeek, sorry, I have another question  Smiley

I've heard two opinions generally on styling hair: that you should put the styling product in BEFORE you straighten, and that you should only put it in AFTER you straighten. If you put the product in your hair before, do you risk it melting or something?  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nothing is craftier than a story Smiley http://writwratwrote.wordpress.com/
Deamon
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2005 05:14:29 PM »

Eeek, sorry, I have another question  Smiley

I've heard two opinions generally on styling hair: that you should put the styling product in BEFORE you straighten, and that you should only put it in AFTER you straighten. If you put the product in your hair before, do you risk it melting or something?  Huh

You should put most products in before you straighten. They make sprays that are specifically for protecting your hair when you fry... I mean straighten it. My poor sister ruined her hair by using a damn straightening iron on it every day without moisterizing enough, ended up having to cut about 6 inches off all the way around...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hakue
Creative Chaos

You can't put that on a steak and eat it!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2005 05:54:45 PM »

It's funny, because I have a very pain tolerance yet I don't find plucking my eyebrows painful.  I actually kind of enjoy it...yes, I'm weird.  Tongue  My tips for eyebrow plucking:

-Don't raise your eyebrows or tilt your head up or down while plucking.  It will mess you up.
-To prevent going overboard stop and step back frequently to check your progress.  It's very easy to get caught up in what you're doing and go really overboard.  This way you won't accidently overpluck.
-I've heard that holding an ice cube over your eyebrows before plucking helps numb your skin and prevent pain.  That seems kind of silly to me, but whatever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art."
Tom Stoppard  

Horrah for quotes! Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Take Photos of Food
How to Take Photos of Christmas Lights
How to Take Great Pictures of Cats
Shaking Up the Holiday Family Photo
Long Exposure Photography
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Patriotic Planter
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...