A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 298,627
Currently Running With Scissors:
683 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Beauty Secrets  (Read 50830 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

artcat81

No Power in the 'Verse can stop me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: March 11, 2008 01:39:54 PM »

adding my voice to the many touting the wonders of lemon juice as a natural hair highlighter, its the only thing I use on my kneelength Auburn hair, it brings my natural red out.

Also wanted to add a tip to the acne advice, wrap your pillowcase in a towel. One night I accidentally fell asleep on a towel and woke up with a much happier face (obviously wont help if you sleep on your back, however if you sleep on your side like I do it will).  I dont know if its the cleaner surface, or more air movement or what, but it really works.   The next morning the side of my face that was on the towel was markedly better.  I have since repeated this sleeping on the towel thing on purpose to see if it was a fluke or really helped, and it seems to really help.

Also, on a regular basis wipe your phones, they come in contact with your face quite a bit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down"   - Malcolm Reynolds- Firefly
"Normal is a failure of Potential" - Eli Stone
missnihkii
Savoring this carpet ceiling.

missnihkiiiikhinssim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #261 on: April 03, 2008 03:15:06 PM »

ive seen a lot of good ideas here..
im going to add just a few more.
one thing- DONT put ANY essential oils onto your skin STRAIGHT.
mix them with something.
the only two that are safe to put straight-
tea tree oil, and lavender.

now..-
witch hazel mixed with s ome water- 3 parts hazel, 1 part water, and tea tree oil
that will work well as a toner to clear up skin.

hair-
for dry, damaged hair-
mayo and some egg white leave on for a bout 30 minutes to an hour,
or warm up a lil olive oil( extra virgin is great.),
add some peppermint oil ( or whatever scent pleases you, different oils do different things,
put a shower cap or plastic bag over hair, wrap with a moist warm towel, leave on 30 mins to an hour..

olive oil/ essential oil mix is great for skin and feet.
and also coffee grounds mixed with honey, or warm oil works for skin too.
 also.. check out this site for oils and what they do for ya!
or look up essential oils online. this site im linking to, has alot of great
information on your health and the dangers of stuff we use on our body.
its my moms, she put alot of hard work into it. hope this helps!

http://schoolconcerns.com/NonChemical_SOLUTIONS.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Nihkii

Personal swaps?YES YES YES!!

so..im OBSESSED with buttons and stickers..

MissNihkiis Wist

i miss my colorado Sad
Killer Bees
Just give me coffee and no one gets hurt!

I'm Tori's best friend........no, really!

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 08, 2008 07:47:44 PM »

Two words:  coconut oil.

I use it for EVERYTHING.  It's the best product I've ever found.  I bought a one litre tub and I love it.  Here is how I use it:

1.  After washing my hair, I work a little through my wet hair, paying special attention to the ends.  It stops the frizzies and is way cheaper than any product on the market.  I tried all the famous brands and they did nothing but take my money.

2.  As an all over body moisturiser.  I love the way it just melts into the skin with no greasy after feel.

3.  As a face and neck moisturiser.  I used to spend heaps of money on moisturisers for my face, but now I only use coconut oil.  Not only is my skin soft and fabbo, it's cleared up my acne rosacea.

Never leave the house without using sunscreen.  Especially on your face.  I have a 30 SPF lotion and it's light and works well.  It's the only thing that will prevent wrinkles.  Moisturisers will then be an added weapon in your arsenal for staving off looking old.

Every time you wash your hands, slather them in hand cream.  It can be a pain to do so, but in time you'll be glad you did.  You show your age in your hands and neck, so pay special attention to those two areas.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Moriarty, what are you doing in that piano?"
"I'm hidin' "
"Don't be silly - Haydn's been dead for years."

The Goon Show
Transatlanticism

Pies para que los quiero, si tengo alas pa' volar?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: May 18, 2008 11:25:31 AM »

Well I definitely read all 27 pages of this and and I lovee this thread! Here's my input!

1) Whoever said use apple cider vinegar for acne scars... I love you! I just leave it on overnight, and it works so well =]
2) If you have backne (dunno about BAD backne,  I only had a little bit), Neutragena makes this like this acne bar, I think it's supposed to be for your face, but I only use it on my back, and I don't get backne ever anymore!
3) The best face wash ever is loreal purezone, but I think it was discontinued, and it's really hard to find! If you can find it anywhere, let me know, k? It's pretty much magic though, no joke.
4)Shave your legs with conditioner instead of shaving cream. It makes them really smooth. And of course moisturize too. You won't get bad razor burn.
5) Don't wear a lot of coverup or anything, but if you do wear a light clear powder over it to absorb oils.
6) I tried sleeping with a towel over my pillow, and it makes your skin a lot less break-out-y. And try to sleep on your back and not your side, that'll make a difference too.
7) Moisturize your face everyday. I say don't use astringent, I find it really dries out my skin and makes it redder. The best moisturizer around is Neutragena Oil-free Anti-Acne moisturizer. The only one that I find won't really clog pores. Even though most brands claim they won't. And they make a good benzol-peroxide spot treatment too, strong enough to get rid of pimples. But not drying on your skin.
Cool Deep condition your hair once every few weeks to keep it shiny and healthy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Psst.. here's a secret. Your last mortal thought will be, "Why did I take so many days- just like today- for granted?"
Foisty
« Reply #264 on: July 29, 2008 11:30:18 PM »

2) If you have backne (dunno about BAD backne,  I only had a little bit), Neutragena makes this like this acne bar, I think it's supposed to be for your face, but I only use it on my back, and I don't get backne ever anymore!
oooo I had a bad experiance with that bar! my father used to use it and I had no idea it dried out oily skin I used it on my non oily back thinking it was regular soap(big mistake!).My back became so dry and itchy.My grandmother realized I was bleeding through my school uniforms white shirt Undecided so crafty peoples be careful!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bohemiancupcakes:)
« Reply #265 on: September 15, 2012 11:53:59 PM »

this thread is great! i've now a list of things to try!
what i do to exfoliate my skin is make a pastey thing with sugar(brown sugar preferably but normal granulated stuff works as well) and honey and i just massage it onto my face. it makes my skin feel great!
i tried the extra virgin olive oil thing today (massage 1:1 parts extra virgin olive oil and castor oil onto skin then wipe off with steaming washcloth) except i used vegetable oil because i have no castor oil aha but it seems to have worked okay because my skin is all dewy and stuff. not sure if it's a fluke or if vegetable oil works too but im satisfied Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ruthiebaby
« Reply #266 on: November 07, 2012 07:39:14 AM »

Take Evening Primrose Oil or Fish oil capsules or anything with omega 3 fatty acids. If you can't stand swallowing capsules, there are flavored oils you can get. This will improve the look of your skin and hair. Drink lots of water. Get enough sleep!
My skin only cleared up after I cut refined sugars, dairy and gluten from my diet, but most people don't have to be this extreme.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Those who don't believe in Magic will never find it" ~ Roald Dalh
tr3kkie9rl
« Reply #267 on: January 17, 2013 07:22:20 AM »

Coconut oil is higher up on the comedogenic list of oils so be careful using this on your face, back or any place you might be acne-prone.
Grapeseed oil is very astringent while still giving you a good balance of moisture so it great for super oily skin.
Stuff other people have mentioned Ill second ACV toner is amazing as is the baking soda scrub, lipstick is the best blush there is, and yes drink TONS of water!
Grapeseed oil also has the highest burn point of any oil (coconut oil is up there as well) so its great to use with any heat styling you do. I saved an old hair serum pump bottle and put about half coconut oil and half grapeseed oil in it. Shake before each use, squirt one small amount into you palm (a little goes a long way!), rub both palms together and then distribute through your hair starting with the ends first. My hair doesnt like it if I do this wet so I use it more as a shine serum than pre-heat treatment, but YMMV.
Ive tried hemorrhoid cream under my eyes and it did nothing but just sit there feeling sticky and gross Ill never try it again.
Modeling secret if youre in a head on shot where your feet wont show but your hips will and you want to accentuate that gap between your thighs do this: 1 turn your toes slightly inward 2 pull your knees slightly apart 3 tilt your hips back slightly. Check it out in a mirror, youll see it instantly. Youll also know youre in the right position if you feel it mostly in the joint where your upper thigh connects to your hips.
Dont use chapsticks with menthol, it actually dries out your lips more and creates more need for the product. Look for stuff with mostly natural oils and butters.

That's all I can think of right now...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whoever i was
I'm not that person now
but what i wish i was
I'm still so far away from
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hot New Ice Cream Made Of Bones
How to Make Puppy Love Chow
How to Make Homemade Blueberry and Banana Muffins
How to Make Brownie Tarts
How to Make Drunken Honey Figs with Cashew Nut Cream
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament
Falling for Autumn Crafts
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Roll with Maple Cream Cheese Filling

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...