A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,704
Currently Running With Scissors:
623 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Beauty Secrets  (Read 50059 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

black and white photo
« Reply #250 on: January 05, 2008 04:57:55 PM »

also, if your in a pinch, those paper toilet seat covers make good oil bloting sheets
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ffancypantss
« Reply #251 on: January 06, 2008 05:03:37 PM »

also, if your in a pinch, those paper toilet seat covers make good oil bloting sheets

very true!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let there be songs to fill the air...

www.limabeads.etsy.com
sugarm0mma
« Reply #252 on: January 07, 2008 09:45:58 AM »

i know this will sound weird but i rinse my hair with vinegar(then wash it) once every week or two. it's something my mom taught me. i hair a ton of hair, not thick but lots of it, so i have to use conditioner or there's no way i'm oing to be able to get a brush through it! the problem for me is using conditioner really makes my hair look greasy, but rinsing with vinegar gets all of the crap off my hair and it looks super shiny but not greasy. my mom uses vinegar for everything! it keeps your skin soft too if you use a little in your bathwater, and it also takes the sting out of a sunburn(a big problem for me i'm a super fair skinned irish girl).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot.- Steven Wright
lyrem591
That's Mrs. Daniel Radcliffe to you

you didn't see anything...

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 24, 2008 08:55:20 PM »

so i'm feeling pretty proud of myself because i invented my own do it yourself face mask
using multiple ingredients that i know work well on your face

Oats- Have softening properties
Honey-Antiseptic; good for acne
Milk- moisture, especially if you use a higher percent fat milk
Nutmeg-I'm not sure, but a common treatment is milk and honey paste on acne. When I've used that, it gave me a tingly cooling feeling, so we'll say it increases circulation!

1. Grind up a batch of whole oats in the food processor, and store it in a little container for this purpose.  You could use whole oats, but I worry that it will clog up drains =/
2. Get a little tray and put a bit of milk in there (the smallest amount you can get out of a milk jug without spilling is about right)
3. Add enough oats to soak up the milk and make a paste
4. Add a dollop of honey (teaspoon or so)
5. Add a bit of ground nutmeg.  Enough so the brown shows up
6. Slap that goop on your face. Kinda looks.... like vomit. (sorry).  A thin layer is fine.  If it's not sticking that great, add more oats and honey next time.

Honestly, it doesn't really matter how much you have of each. Or what order or anything.  I just was experimenting the other day and my face was the softest it has ever been in my entire life after I rinsed this off. Not even kidding. So I thought I'd share.  I have it on again right now =)
Basically it has a tight, somewhat tingly feeling.  And i leave it on for however long i feel like

please let me know what your experiences are with it

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"...thrashing around like a pair of eels all over the place..."--Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
doggy

Dachshund.love<3

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 27, 2008 10:41:13 AM »

so i'm feeling pretty proud of myself because i invented my own do it yourself face mask

Nutmeg-I'm not sure, but a common treatment is milk and honey paste on acne. When I've used that, it gave me a tingly cooling feeling, so we'll say it increases circulation!

1. Grind up a batch of whole oats in the food processor, and store it in a little container for this purpose.  You could use whole oats, but I worry that it will clog up drains =/
2. Get a little tray and put a bit of milk in there (the smallest amount you can get out of a milk jug without spilling is about right)
6. Slap that goop on your face. Kinda looks.... like vomit. (sorry).  A thin layer is fine.  If it's not sticking that great, add more oats and honey next time.

Honestly, it doesn't really matter how much you have of each. Or what order or anything.  I just was experimenting the other day and my face was the softest it has ever been in my entire life after I rinsed this off. Not even kidding. So I thought I'd share.  I have it on again right now =)
Basically it has a tight, somewhat tingly feeling.  And i leave it on for however long i feel like

I tried this today,and my face is so soft now, thanks!  Smiley I have one tip though, if it looks too wet, add some oatmeal, but not too much. If you let it sit, the mixture thickens up really quickly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
missjesswinkwink
'Ginger did everything Fred did; only she did it backwards and in high heels'

Howdy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #255 on: January 27, 2008 11:15:09 AM »

I <3 this thread.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.rockinbclothing.com
------------------
www.rockinbdesign.blogspot.com
------------------
Night Train Swing Dance Club!
www.swingpurdue.org
------------------
dropoffradar

undercover superheroine.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #256 on: January 31, 2008 12:38:37 PM »

using conditioner instead of shaving cream makes my legs super smooth! it always did irk me that shaving cream dried out my legs  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart. i am. i am. i am.

i do personal swaps!

wists
last.fm
sugarm0mma
« Reply #257 on: January 31, 2008 05:35:10 PM »

amen to that! it also help cut down on razor burn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot.- Steven Wright
mikokit
« Reply #258 on: February 06, 2008 12:04:07 AM »

Ok! So, does anyone know what happens when you put lemon juice andchamomile teaandcoffee in average light brown hair? ^_^ I ask because I've got slightly mixed hair (English/Irish/American Indian apparently). It's an even shade of light brown, but it has scattered auburn/blond/black strands and I would like to bring out ALL of them. >.> And I'm a scaredy-cat when it comes to trying new stuff with my hair. I like to know what it's going to do first! I just read on this page about hot oil treatments for hair, I'd never heard of that before, and I'm going to try olive oil/honey together - I'll let you all know how it turns out.
Note! To People Who Are New To Regular Brushing
If you are just starting with regular nighttime brushing (or whenever you do it) make sure to de-tangle your hair first by running your fingers through it until all the knots are gone. Then take a natural bristle brush and brush from scalp to tips until your hair starts to feel more sleek (or non poofy for you curly-mops). Make sure you do this all while standing, preferably in the bathroom. If you don't regularly brush your hair, de-tangleing it will free a lot of loose hair that had gotten tangled...In other words, you shed. Don't do this in your bed like I did the first time! ^_^; It looked like a me-coloured cat had rolled on my pillow, and I had to wash my pillow case to get the tiny hair lengths out (from split ends).
Question! I read a lot of good ways to help get rid of back acne, soaps and moisturizer ectera, but how am I supposed to reach my back to put them on? >.> *Not that bendy* Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lyrem591
That's Mrs. Daniel Radcliffe to you

you didn't see anything...

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 01, 2008 05:31:17 PM »

I tried this today,and my face is so soft now, thanks!  Smiley I have one tip though, if it looks too wet, add some oatmeal, but not too much. If you let it sit, the mixture thickens up really quickly.

so glad that you tried it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"...thrashing around like a pair of eels all over the place..."--Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Thick Hair 101
Styling Tips for Fine Hair
How to Straighten Curl Hair
How to Style a Braided Ponytail
How to Create the Faux Bob Look
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...