A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 299,141
Currently Running With Scissors:
494 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: my 'fascinating' creation (sorry for that awful pun) IMG heavy...  (Read 1335 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pink_princess
« on: June 24, 2008 02:58:00 AM »

I really hope this is the right place for this! apologies if it is not.
my cousin got married on sunday and i spent saturday looking for a fascinator (sp??) to go with my dress (im not really a hat person) and i couldnt find one that 
a)i acutally liked
b)went with my dress
c)i could afford
so i bought a plain hairband for 79p and dug out my ribbons then sat watching tv that night and made this...
feedback appreciated!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ducky go down the hooooole!
tas
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008 04:09:23 AM »

hardcore...and a good idea to make your own, those things can be expensive! I LOVE the colour scheme, and the feather. Cheesy Was it comfy? I know those headbands can be a pain.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pink_princess
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008 06:10:07 AM »

hardcore...and a good idea to make your own, those things can be expensive! I LOVE the colour scheme, and the feather. Cheesy Was it comfy? I know those headbands can be a pain.

LOL i think im more skint than hardcore! thanks for the compliments  Cheesy
The colour scheme was based on my pink/black plaid dress that i wore. none of the stores i went to had a bright enough pink, only really pale pink.
it was soooo comfy and it stayed put and intact as i danced till three in the morning and drank too much! the little  comb bits arent as harsh as they look in the photo and i also have loads of curly hair so they couldnt make it to my scalp lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Sew Cute
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a Fanatic Friend of Craftster!

Take me to the kittens!!! >^.^<

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008 11:36:35 AM »

Love this! I would love to see a photo with the whole ensemble...but I am fascinated with it...the feathers, ribbons, & button...eye candy! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out Trinkets & Jewelry! Wink
pinterest
blog
twitter
etsy
blabla
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008 09:57:12 PM »

this is so awesome! i love the button detail on the top! just adds to the cuteness! did you just sew everything on or did you also use glue or whatnot?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pink_princess
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008 11:35:34 PM »

again, thanks for the nice comments  Smiley It's so lovely to get feedback about stuff i've made (I've been on craftster a while but only just started posting my stuff as I was a bit nervous)

As it was a rushed job (ie I needed it for the next day!) I sewed it all directly on as I went along, adding stuff till it looked right, apart from the feathers which I glued with this cool fabric glue that I use as a multipurpose kinda thing.

I will try and get a photo of the whole outfit together. I should've took one before I went out but I'm not the best time-keeper in the world and I was running around like the Tazmanian devil.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aki-Majo
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008 03:54:09 PM »

It`s really pretty!I love the colors! Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yellie

The sounds of war are drowned out by our heartbeat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008 08:02:15 PM »

I would like to see the whole outfit together, too!! I would wear it as an everyday sort of thing..!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the only comprehensible thing about the universe is that it's completely incomprehensible-Albert

Please vote for me to win a yoga scholarship by clicking the heart icon (ends 3/31):
http://www.findyoga.com/message-board/free-training-contest-317/set-an-intention-be-courageous-be-healthy-be-happy
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bobby Pin Beauty Hacks
Makeup Tricks and Treats for Halloween Hotties
The Perfect Office Makeup
Get Ready With Me: Fall Makeup Look
Essential Oils – Fab or Fad?
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...