A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,699
Currently Running With Scissors:
619 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: my 'fascinating' creation (sorry for that awful pun) IMG heavy...  (Read 1228 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pink_princess
« on: June 24, 2008 02:58:00 AM »

I really hope this is the right place for this! apologies if it is not.
my cousin got married on sunday and i spent saturday looking for a fascinator (sp??) to go with my dress (im not really a hat person) and i couldnt find one that 
a)i acutally liked
b)went with my dress
c)i could afford
so i bought a plain hairband for 79p and dug out my ribbons then sat watching tv that night and made this...
feedback appreciated!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ducky go down the hooooole!
tas
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008 04:09:23 AM »

hardcore...and a good idea to make your own, those things can be expensive! I LOVE the colour scheme, and the feather. Cheesy Was it comfy? I know those headbands can be a pain.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pink_princess
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008 06:10:07 AM »

hardcore...and a good idea to make your own, those things can be expensive! I LOVE the colour scheme, and the feather. Cheesy Was it comfy? I know those headbands can be a pain.

LOL i think im more skint than hardcore! thanks for the compliments  Cheesy
The colour scheme was based on my pink/black plaid dress that i wore. none of the stores i went to had a bright enough pink, only really pale pink.
it was soooo comfy and it stayed put and intact as i danced till three in the morning and drank too much! the little  comb bits arent as harsh as they look in the photo and i also have loads of curly hair so they couldnt make it to my scalp lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Sew Cute
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a Fanatic Friend of Craftster!

Take me to the kittens!!! >^.^<

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008 11:36:35 AM »

Love this! I would love to see a photo with the whole ensemble...but I am fascinated with it...the feathers, ribbons, & button...eye candy! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out Trinkets & Jewelry! Wink
pinterest
blog
twitter
etsy
blabla
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008 09:57:12 PM »

this is so awesome! i love the button detail on the top! just adds to the cuteness! did you just sew everything on or did you also use glue or whatnot?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pink_princess
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008 11:35:34 PM »

again, thanks for the nice comments  Smiley It's so lovely to get feedback about stuff i've made (I've been on craftster a while but only just started posting my stuff as I was a bit nervous)

As it was a rushed job (ie I needed it for the next day!) I sewed it all directly on as I went along, adding stuff till it looked right, apart from the feathers which I glued with this cool fabric glue that I use as a multipurpose kinda thing.

I will try and get a photo of the whole outfit together. I should've took one before I went out but I'm not the best time-keeper in the world and I was running around like the Tazmanian devil.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aki-Majo
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008 03:54:09 PM »

It`s really pretty!I love the colors! Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yellie

The sounds of war are drowned out by our heartbeat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008 08:02:15 PM »

I would like to see the whole outfit together, too!! I would wear it as an everyday sort of thing..!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the only comprehensible thing about the universe is that it's completely incomprehensible-Albert

Please vote for me to win a yoga scholarship by clicking the heart icon (ends 3/31):
http://www.findyoga.com/message-board/free-training-contest-317/set-an-intention-be-courageous-be-healthy-be-happy
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Convert Images Into Icons in Gimp
How to Make Animated Wallpapers in Gimp
How to Speed Up Videos Using Camtasia Studio
How to Create Water Droplets in Gimp
How to Make Animated GIFs in Gimp
Latest Blog Articles
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...