A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 304,769
Currently Running With Scissors:
459 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: REPLACEMENT PARTNERS!  (Read 21402 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

OnePinkHippo
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2009 06:25:15 AM »

I think that the replacements could feel short-changed if the crafting was already done for someone else.

Yeah, but they probably know that's the case in some instances, like Annchen's large knitted item.

But if I had a replacement, I'd try to add at least one extra that goes with their likes/dislikes. That's just courtesy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2009 11:54:54 AM »

I can definitely see the issue from both sides, that's why I think a special "swap-shop" category could be good. Perhaps one could exchange an item that wasn't suitable. Organizing that could be tricky, since they can't all be physically kept in one location, and there could be shipping issues. But, reading thru the Shop theSwap threads, there is a purchasing point system. I think this could be a good idea! It could be good for people who not only made something  for a flaked partner, but also for those who got something unsuitable. I think with a little effort, something like this could work. Then, in the case where we get a replacement partner, perhaps we could send our new partners some nice smaller items, but be generous with supplies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ThreadOrYarn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2009 10:16:12 PM »

If I were stepping in I'd rather have FoC status for a year than a package of stuff that isn't to my taste at all no matter how well it is made.

I don't understand... if you don't want to receive a package made for someone else, why are you offering to be a replacement partner? (otoh, it's 1am here, I probably should be sleeping instead of typing Cheesy)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jungianwanderer
"I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love. "

The super-awesome and amazing Charity

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2009 09:45:12 AM »

ThreadOrYarn...
I was actually signed up to be an angel before it fell through but I would totally be a replacement for someone. The real fun of it is, as someone above me said, crafting for someone in need. I was merely offering up some constructive criticism, saying that I think Fog status would be better, not that a package would be in any way bad. Especially if you get a nice partner who makes you something small on the side.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm back after a long hiatus. Not doing any big swaps right now but feel free to message me for small ones and supply exchanges. I have a bunch of fabric that I'd like to swap for different supplies! 

Also, I have a pintrest now Smiley

http://pinterest.com/charityjones89/
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2009 10:40:08 AM »

I just don't understand why someone would insist on sending a package that they knew would be unsuitable. Even if they did spend a lot of time on it. Also, not all situations would be last miniute, if someone backed out early in the game. There would be plenty of time to adjust.
I just started a thread last night in the swap ideas, on this subject. It's suggesting a pool for replacement projects, exactly for these situations. I hope there would be some serious consideration and discussion on this. Please have a look with an open mind!
Thanks, K
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2009 04:37:38 AM »

The Swap Moderators have discussed KLKing's idea of having people be able to post items they have received that they feel are not quite what they want and allowing people to choose from them.  We do not believe this is not in the Craftster spirit, as inevitably, someone's feelings would be hurt.

I agree with the thought that when you sign up as a replacement partner that you should find out what kinds of things the partner is making and if they are a suitable match for you.  If it would not work for you, then please do not volunteer to do it, finding someone that would be pleased with crafts already in progress would be more fun for everyone. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2009 06:10:27 PM »

In Reply to SevsOnlyGirl:
Funny thing, I'd say she's right! It sure seems like the most friendly approach! Interesting discussion though.
K
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sherrie B, UT
Show me your Creativity!What's you Passion?

I love living in Utah!

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2009 02:58:12 PM »

JMHO-I was a replacement partner-and I am thrilled with what I received, and she was happy with hers--I feel that replacements does need a week or so to create of SOMETHING--but sometimes the item that was originally craftetd puts a new spin or idea---for the receiver.
Sometimes you just need to open your mind a tad further & see the possibilities
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." by Scott Adams
~
MY WISTS: http://www.wists.com/SherrieB
Crafty Detective Rd. 7  sendouts Apr. 14, 2011) 
scorpios_stinger
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2010 12:24:17 PM »

I would like to be a swap angel
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2010 03:02:52 AM »

I would like to be a swap angel

Keep an eye on this board for Swap Angel opportunities: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=203.0  If there are any opportunities, they will be posted on that board. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Low Country Boil
How To Carve A Turkey
Tossed Spinach Recipe
Butter Tart Recipe
Chicken and Mushroom Strudel on Baby Spinach Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...