A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,658
Currently Running With Scissors:
406 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: REPLACEMENT PARTNERS!  (Read 20809 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

aquasnow

Is taking a break from swaps for a while.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2009 02:11:57 PM »

antartic craft, if you need an angel, please pm me I will gladly help.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am taking a break from swaps for a while.  I am not accepting any personal swaps at this time until around Christmas time.  Sorry for the inconvenience.
OnePinkHippo
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2009 01:03:29 PM »

I put a call out for a replacement, but I wasn't exactly sure where to post the message. It's HERE and it comes up on the main board with all the other informative threads. Can someone let me know where I should move this to? I don't want to be a bother and mess up the Craftster stuff. Should I have moved it to the angel archive?  Embarrassed (Sorry guys!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jungianwanderer
"I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love. "

The super-awesome and amazing Charity

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2009 08:27:45 PM »

But it seems like a bit of a rip off to me. Swaps are personal, so the goods a replacement is sent were designed with someone else in mind whereas their partners are customized. If I were stepping in I'd rather have FoC status for a year than a package of stuff that isn't to my taste at all no matter how well it is made.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm back after a long hiatus. Not doing any big swaps right now but feel free to message me for small ones and supply exchanges. I have a bunch of fabric that I'd like to swap for different supplies! 

Also, I have a pintrest now Smiley

http://pinterest.com/charityjones89/
Annchen
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2009 03:27:58 PM »

I had to get a replacement partner since my original one went MIA, and while the package haven't arrived yet I think my new partner will be pleased. I let the organiser know what I had made and she made sure my new partner was ok with colours etc. I also had enough time to make a small extra that I think she will like.

I don't think it's a rip off. It can be a bit strange to get items designed for someone else, but with lots of communication between swapper/replacement partner/organiser it should be okay. And since the one agreeing to be a replacement partner knows that the items were created for someone else I don't think it's a rip off. They know what they are getting into.

Besides... If replacement partners are anything like angels I know they aren't doing it for the loot only. There's a certain satisfaction to make an awesome package for someone who nearly went without.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2009 09:28:18 PM »

Ok, I have a question... I'm thinking of organizing a swap soon. So, if someone backs out, and gives the organizer notice before send-outs, do they get penalized for changing thier mind? Such as negative feedback, or banned from swapping?
And, second question... What if someone is not happy with thier partner assignments? Are they considered out of line to request a change?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OnePinkHippo
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2009 02:39:06 PM »

Ok, I have a question... I'm thinking of organizing a swap soon. So, if someone backs out, and gives the organizer notice before send-outs, do they get penalized for changing thier mind? Such as negative feedback, or banned from swapping?
And, second question... What if someone is not happy with thier partner assignments? Are they considered out of line to request a change?

I've had to back out of a swap, because it was too much to handle with school. I let the organizer know a few days after she assigned partners. I felt HORRIBLE (and still do, it was an awesome swap  Cry) but I think because I let her know early enough I didn't get penalized. If I was going to get negative feedback, I would have gone through with it, most likely late though. And I did give her a fair warning.

For the second one, I've had a partner who was unhappy and switched. She was a vegan though (it's the Holidays and Valentine's Cookie Swaps) and her partner was a pseudo-vegan (actually, "fake" is more like it) so I switched. And the unhappy partner had been in my swap before, and since it's a food issue I figure it'd be ok. If someone's just whiny, then no. That's annoying. Especially if you try to figure out partners based on their questionnaire (sometimes I do it randomly, depending on the swap) and it takes a while, and someone's all "wah wah" then no. I'd say if there's a valid reason, then see what you can do.

Gee, I should be a mod.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KLKing
Sewing Mentor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2009 02:44:13 PM »

Thank You so much for answering my questions, Mochaxlight! I hadn't seen this side of the issues raised up yet!
K
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jungianwanderer
"I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love. "

The super-awesome and amazing Charity

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2009 04:08:38 PM »

Annechen...

I didn't mean for what I said to come off so harsh, of course the real fun of stepping in for a flaked is helping out. I guess I just feel that angels get a better deal than replacement partners but that's just my opinion though no need for anyone else to agree :-p
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm back after a long hiatus. Not doing any big swaps right now but feel free to message me for small ones and supply exchanges. I have a bunch of fabric that I'd like to swap for different supplies! 

Also, I have a pintrest now Smiley

http://pinterest.com/charityjones89/
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2009 05:04:13 PM »

I think that the replacements could feel short-changed if the crafting was already done for someone else. But, Hopefully the person getting a replacement partner will go ahead and make something special for them, and not push off a project on someone. The original project could be offered in a special swap category, for a left-over-swap exchange, if it were to be organized. HMMM... Now that could be a good idea! Similar to a shop-the Swap, but with simple guidelines.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Annchen
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2009 04:04:10 AM »

Sadly my big item was almost finished when it became apparent that my partner had poofed. I would have loved to make my new partner something else, but I can't make a big (in size) knitted item in just a few weeks so she would have had to wait unreasonably long for that. The swap had a extra long crafting time to give fibre crafters time to make something awesome so making something new from scratch wasn't an alternative for me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Easy Homemade Chocolate Truffles
How to Make Mini Sticky Buns
How to Make Coconut, Cherry Toffee
How to Make Croissant Bread Pudding
Flourless Chocolate Cake With Peanut Butter Custard
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...