A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 304,846
Currently Running With Scissors:
656 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: REPLACEMENT PARTNERS!  (Read 21432 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ellipsisdream
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2010 03:39:27 PM »

I would like a swap partner for the cephalopod swap. Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2010 05:17:08 AM »

You could send to your original partner if you want to reverse that negative feedback.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sharalee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2011 06:49:13 AM »

I quest I'm confused, is there a place to put my name in for Relacement partners & Angels? Because everything I find says it's for the organizers.  I just wanted to help. If anyone can help please email me. Thanks, SharaLee
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http:/pinterest.com/sharalee3

"Yet Another TM Patch Swap RD 3"
"Fall Character Ninni Swap"
'Christmas Stocking Swap RD 10"

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Patches
SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2011 10:55:53 AM »

Sharalee - the organiser will post for a replacement partner or an angel and then you simply respond to the posting. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sharalee

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2011 12:58:10 PM »

Sharalee - the organiser will post for a replacement partner or an angel and then you simply respond to the posting. Smiley

Ok I understand now. Thanks, SharaLee Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http:/pinterest.com/sharalee3

"Yet Another TM Patch Swap RD 3"
"Fall Character Ninni Swap"
'Christmas Stocking Swap RD 10"

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Patches
MiLady
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2011 07:02:36 AM »

I'm currently in the yarnies vs sewists swap and I messaged both my partner and the swap organiser on the send out date to say that I would be a few days late as I'd been asked to work extra shifts at work (I'm a nurse) and hadn't had a chance to put the finishing touches to my package. I got a reply saying that my partner had gone MIA in another swap and I realised that actually I hadn't heard from her in a while, I wasn't surprised by this  as previously she had communicated to me that getting internet access could sometimes be difficult for her but that she would endeavour to reply in a timely manner. Anyway I pmed her and I have yet to receive a reply and this is nearly 2 weeks later now. I also finished the package in this time and pmed the organiser to let them know I had finished. I am still yet to hear what will happen now. I don't know what feedback I will get, I have a parcel I don't know what to do with and I haven't heard back from the organiser or my partner. From what has been said I'm presuming I wouldn't be suitable for a replacement as the send out dates had been and gone? So what happens now? I've never had a problem in any other swap and I've had 16 successfully completed swaps, admitedly some better than others but I've not yet received any negative feedback.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness is the key to success, success is not the key to happiness. If you love what you're doing you will be happy.
Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2011 08:47:13 AM »

When I had a partner go MIA one of the others in that swap volunteered to be a replacement partner. I had a half finished item that I couldn't very well change half way so the organiser hinted at the theme/colour since I couldn't make adjustments.

So I think you could still get a replacement partner. Open a help desk ticket if you're unsure what to do. At the time I was ready to just keep the item I had made and be taken out of the swap completely, but it worked out great with my replacement in the end. IF you don't want a replacement partner you should be able to be dropped cleanly from that swap I think, but the mods will know for sure... soo... Help desk ticket Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MiLady
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2011 09:58:57 AM »

Thanks for your advice, how do I open a help desk ticket? I've never done this before, sorry if that's a really dumb question. x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness is the key to success, success is not the key to happiness. If you love what you're doing you will be happy.
Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2011 10:21:16 AM »

Top of the page, press the link called "help" and then pick "Help desk" in the next page you get. From there you can open a new help desk ticket and see any old ones. Just pick "swap-related" as the Category and fill in the rest as you would fill in a PM.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified

Serial Craft Dabbler

« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2012 11:27:33 AM »

I'm currently in the yarnies vs sewists swap and I messaged both my partner and the swap organiser on the send out date to say that I would be a few days late as I'd been asked to work extra shifts at work (I'm a nurse) and hadn't had a chance to put the finishing touches to my package. I got a reply saying that my partner had gone MIA in another swap and I realised that actually I hadn't heard from her in a while, I wasn't surprised by this  as previously she had communicated to me that getting internet access could sometimes be difficult for her but that she would endeavour to reply in a timely manner. Anyway I pmed her and I have yet to receive a reply and this is nearly 2 weeks later now. I also finished the package in this time and pmed the organiser to let them know I had finished. I am still yet to hear what will happen now. I don't know what feedback I will get, I have a parcel I don't know what to do with and I haven't heard back from the organiser or my partner. From what has been said I'm presuming I wouldn't be suitable for a replacement as the send out dates had been and gone? So what happens now? I've never had a problem in any other swap and I've had 16 successfully completed swaps, admitedly some better than others but I've not yet received any negative feedback.

I had something similar happen. I posted pictures of what I had made, and it turned out that someone wanted to do a personal swap with me for one of the large items. (She pm'ed me, I didn't suggest it in the thread.) Maybe that would be an option for you, if your organizer doesn't have a problem with it. Though it looks like it's been a while, so maybe it's sorted out by now.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012 11:28:31 AM by Feast Your Eyes » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honored to be a J&T Featured Member

Vintage sewing patterns and unique jewelry at
Sinners' Feast
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Wedding Hair Inspiration: Hollywood Curls
Ponytails of Summer: Twist and Turn
Ponytails of Summer: Fishtail Ponytail
How to Get an Undone Updo
Like A Pro Hair Tips From Ken Paves
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...