A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 303,142
Currently Running With Scissors:
417 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Terry Kimbrough Baby Afghan  (Read 6159 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
Plays with yarn.

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2008 10:54:01 PM »

Did I spell her name right? Smiley  This was a baby afghan made for a cousin's baby. I regret giving it away, because the person I gave it to didn't appreciate it at all. Didn't even get a "thank you." Bummer. It turned out so pretty, though. Guess I'll have to make another one.

i live in the church of craft & everyday's sunday.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008 03:41:30 AM »

That is amazing, so delicate and ruffly and adorable.  I can't believe that she didn't even say thank you, that is so rude!  It's hard giving away things that took so long and you worked so hard on, I know.

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008 05:22:10 AM »

That is gorgeous! I'm sorry the recipient was so ungrateful.
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008 07:17:12 AM »

That is very pretty.  Did you use a pattern?
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008 07:22:42 AM »

I have had that experience as well.  I am sorry to hear so many of you talented folks have the same issue!  Cry Your blanket is phenomenal and I only wish i had time to make some that are that nice!
I get fleece blankets and crochet borders and embroider the child's name.  The last one I did was for a friend of the family who said "Yay another blanket just what I needed!" (in a very sarcastic manner) rolled her eyes and tossed it under the stroller.  I have never seen the blanket since.  After grueling over it for a few weeks and re-stitching the name 3 times, you would think I would get a little more appreciation.  Some people just don't get how much us crafty people put our heart into what we do.  And YOUR blanket is sooo delicate and you can tell it took you alot of time and devotion.  Well if she didn't appreciate it, at least you know we craftster peeps do!
(BTW, did she know YOU made it?  Sometimes when I give handmade gifts, they aren't received well until they know I made it, then they really think about the time and effort that went into it.)

Better luck next time, don't let it get you down!

"If I die before I learn to speak, will money pay for all the days I lived awake but half asleep"
-Primitive Radio Gods, Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth With Money in my Hand
lover of fabric, beads, and paint

keep on keepin' on

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008 08:32:19 AM »

That's beautiful!!!  Shocked

they could catch us, or they could kill us, but they can never crush our spirit

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008 10:32:23 AM »

That's beautiful. I'm sorry those to those of you who had ungrateful recipients. I don't know how someone can't like that. I get irritated at those women that expect all their friends and family to provide for their children, then don't like what is given to them. I was grateful for every blanket we got and have used almost all of them (we got 11).

Ashley's Wife, Austin and Allie's Mommy!

My Photography, My Blog, My Shop, My Wist
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008 01:17:27 PM »

i love your blanket! its very similar in appearance to one i was considering making.. after seeing yours, kinda makes me want to do it! Smiley some people just dont appreciate things.
i'm wating for word that one of friends has delivered her baby boy safe and sound and then i am sending the first starghan i made, to her.. its all rainbow coloured, and a hat and an elephant! i know she'll appreciate it cos she crochets a bit herself. i also showed her a pic of a blanket i made another friend of mine, and she was like 'wow.. thats so lovely!' so that gives me reassurance, she doesn't know i'm sending her anything tho.. its a surprise!  Wink

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008 02:14:16 PM »

This is insanely gorgeous, I can't believe your recipient was so rude!!!!! Don't lose heart, just maybe choose a bit more carefully next time!
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008 01:21:01 PM »

Your blanket is absolutely gorgeous! 
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Rustic Wheat Chandelier
How to Make a Recycled Papier Mache Piggy Bank
Amazing Watermelon Carving Creations
How to Make an Ocean in a Bottle
Proenza Schouler Creates Easy Tie Dye Scarfs
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Witch Hat Fascinator
Beware! Black Cats!
Meatless Monday: Pickled Peppers

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...