A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,605
Currently Running With Scissors:
594 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ~*~*Reviews of Prepackaged Vegetarian and Vegan Foods*~*~  (Read 19692 times)
Tags for this thread: salad  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

time_warp
Miss Spiritual Tramp of 1948

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: June 30, 2009 11:59:50 PM »

^ YES! So good. Another patty that I eat without a bun because it functions in a meal as a cut of meat would.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seasick Sarah had a golden nose
Hobnail boots wrapped 'round her toes
When she turned blue all the angels screamed
They didn't know they couldn't make a scene.

She had to run, run, run run, run.
Caesia

Are you a good witch, a bad witch, or a sandwich?

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 11, 2009 09:45:07 AM »

-Heart Thrive Vegan Energy Bars
-Vegan
-Around $1.50 for 2
-4/5 They are extremely delicious and come in 7 different flavors. My only problem with them is that they're very dry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Everything happenes.... :]
gamergirL337
« Reply #112 on: August 21, 2009 12:16:30 PM »

Boca Meatless Burgers

I LOVEEEEEE These burgers...Boca makes amazing products and their flame grilled burgers are the closest to the real thing.

I am a vegetarian not because i don't like meat, persay, but because of animal cruelty...i have seen the videos and images, and there is no way these companies can guarantee that their animals are not tortured or injured horribly before we receive their products...so i just simply will not eat meat...

But Boca Burgers are AMAZING. They are really low in calories, fat, carbs, etc...so not only are they good for you, they taste amazing (unlike some meatless burgers) they are also not filled with vegatables and other products like some meatless burgers are...I buy about 2 boxes a week just because you can make anything out of them, i have turned them into meatless salisbury steaks, meatless tacos, and even beef and noodles...they are just yummmm

definitely a 5/5

Another one of my Favorite Vegetarian dishes...Morningsta r Ribs!

Everyone in my immediate family (except my mom) are meat eaters...so when they have barbecue, im always left out...until i found these! These are great tasting and even my husband (who eats every kind of meat raw (red meat that is) ) loves them...They taste almost like real meat, but only just made out of soy...and none of that disgusting copper taste...or blood...lol...And no animals were harmed in the making of this product...lol

They taste good cut up and into barbecue sandwiches with coleslaw topping, or just by themselves on a plate...amazingly good! and the only vegetarian ribs i have ever seen!

5/5
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009 12:17:19 PM by gamergirL337 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bela-Kiss
« Reply #113 on: August 25, 2009 11:17:18 AM »

So I recently made the transition to being vegan after a year and a half of being vegetarian...Really, I just had to cut out cheese and watch what is in the food I eat more...So anyway, my boyfriend realized I had nothing to eat at home and took me to the whole foods store. I got lots of yummy stuff and the first thing I have tried is:

Dr. McDougalls Big Meal Cups
I'd say a 4 1/2 out of 5.

I tried the vegan curry. Yummy, though it was a bit watery and if I eat too much it made me a little sick....but it still tasted good. Plus they were only $1.25 a piece....wow.

They have tons of flavors and you can even buy them online. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NikkiZBM
If we weren't all crazy we would go insane.

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 06, 2009 11:32:09 AM »

I LOVE the Quorn "chicken" products. 

I use the tenders (not really the shape of traditional chicken tenders, more like diced cubed) in stir fries, both homemade and adding them to chinese takeout.  I also love to just microwave them and put some vegetarian buffalo sauce on them.

I also think the Quorn burger crumbles are nice for chili and spaghetti sauce.  I use one bag of Quorn mixed with a bag of a chunkier kind (Gardenburger, I think).  The mixture gives it a really nice, thick consistency.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
RockinRobyn
Avid Reader

Oh You!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: November 07, 2009 03:26:56 PM »

Wow, my thread has grown!  Shocked I'm glad.
I haven't been on craftster in a while due to the crazy school schedule, but it is summer now! Yay!

So, I've got a review!
http://srslyvegan.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/masala-burger-box.jpg

-Trader Joes' Vegetable Masala Burger
-VEGAN!!!!
-5/5 stars

I really really love this burger. They are made with only veggies and no soy. Ingredients: Potatoes, carrots, green beans, corn, bell peppers, and indian spices. I just throw them on a hot pan until browned and I've got a yummy potato-ey patty!

I don't know if I've already said this, but I agree! These are TO DIE FOR, so delicious and don't need a bun or anything. A great convenience meal! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

snappity-snap
« Reply #116 on: November 15, 2009 08:59:20 PM »

I bought a whole box of Boca burgers from  Costco.  they're Vegan.
and I give them a 4 out of 5. Very moist and nice smoky flavor! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.    Psalm 139:13
Under_the_Rose
« Reply #117 on: November 19, 2009 02:08:25 PM »

morning star sausage links

pretty tasty, and rather convicing tasting as far as i can remember sausage tasting.... today for lunch i sliced some up and threw them in with the potatoes and peppers i was frying up.... nom!

and im venturing into soy bacon for i just got a box of morning star bacon strips.... we'll see how it goes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I myself, am Heaven and Hell
missliz01

my cat playing dead ;p

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #118 on: November 24, 2009 10:34:30 AM »

Evol burritos are fantastic! Not all of their burritos are meatless, but they have several varieties that are vegan or vegetarian(it's labeled right on the back of the package if you're unsure). They have great breakfast burritos and other like the veggie fajita that I'll eat for lunches or dinner. They take only 3 minutes total to cook in the microwave and are all made with fresh ingredients and have lots of protein and fiber. A bonus is that the company tries to operate as green as possible. Check them out at www.evolburritos.co m. Smiley

oh and p.s. Under_the_Rose, I love MSF bacon strips!! Hope you liked them. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lizi
« Reply #119 on: January 26, 2010 01:46:53 PM »

This thread is just making me sad about all the great easy vegan foods you can get in the US!

In the UK, it's so much more limited! I'm lucky that I live in Brighton, which has the highest percentage of vegetarians/vegans in the country, and there's a few very healthy shops (boring) that sell lots of vegan things. I want vegan 'ribs'!!

I am green with jealousy. So I'm going to eat the vegan 'white chocolate' my boyfriend bought me!

Lizi xxx
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Select With the Selection Tool in Flash CS3
How to Set Snapping Options in Flash CS3
How to Show or Hide Rulers in InDesign CS3
How to Switch Between Merge Drawing Mode and Object Drawing Mode in Flash CS3
How to Switch Foreground and Background Colors in Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...