A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,615
Currently Running With Scissors:
622 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ~*~*Reviews of Prepackaged Vegetarian and Vegan Foods*~*~  (Read 19754 times)
Tags for this thread: salad  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Acadian Driftwood
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2008 11:36:32 PM »

Kitchens of India ready-to-eat pouches
Vegetarian
Can't find any old receipts, so I can't say the price. It is reasonable, though.
5 stars!

They are so delicious and warm up in minutes on a stovetop. I'll eat them with pre-made naan or with microwavable poppudoms. The Pav Bhaji and Palak Paneer are top of my list.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
Avian Flight
« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2008 11:45:54 PM »

Has anyone ever tried tofu shirataki pasta? I believe it's vegan - Ingredients: Filtered water, tofu (soybeans, calcium sulfate, glucono delta lactone), yam flour, calcium hydroxide. (I'm not veg/vegan).

http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/chewdetails.php?isid=467

Oh man, they made my tummy hurt.. the texture is so strange. The noodles are kinda bouncy when you chew them.. I think my body had a hard time digesting it. If anyone has had Asian glass noodles, they were like that.. but with a strong soy smell.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
eula.wordpress.com - updated frequently! (food and bento)
bezoona
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2008 07:07:56 AM »

a little non-foodish but what about candy? other than jelly belly's which I'm so not a fan of, I can't seem to find information on whether a specific candy has pork gelatin in it Sad any sources or tips?

i'm a big fan of falafel myself, but I cheat because we buy them in dearborn, mi and they're all ready and prepared, frozen and you just have to pop them in the oven. mmmmm. delishy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kjlutz
Tutorial Contributor

I am woman watch me grow!

Wherever you've been, He's been there

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2008 09:28:52 AM »

Wow, thanks for introducing me to all sorts of new products guys.  Too bad here in the Great White (okay more like red and orange right now) North, almost none of them are available. 

I try not to eat a lot of soy meats and what not, but there are somethings I enjoy.

President's Choice makes great meatless meatballs, and portobello and Swiss burgers.  These are available at any Loblaws chain grocery store.

I love Yves Bacon.  I could give or take most of the deli slices but it's hard to resist a good sBLT, or sBCA (soy bacon with cheese and apple) sandwhich. 

My favourite veggie meat are the Schneiders OH Natural Chick'n Nuggets and Burgers.  The cordon melts are really good but hard to find.  So is their ground burger.  When I want a veggie dog these are the ones I get. 

I've been vegetarian long enough to remember a time long before soy burgers (or any other meat for that mater), so a lot of these things are a treat, not because they are like meat but because they provide variety to my diet, and they make BBQs so much more enjoyable, as opposed to a like of buns with just the toppings. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes you get to change the world, and other times the world changes you.

Currently drowning in the sea called PhD.

Interested in swapping for I-Spy Quilt Squares and Scraps.
Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2008 10:14:48 AM »

When I'm in canada I look for these refridgerated un-chicken cutlets that are just AMAZING. I forget the company that makes them, though. I've found them at The Barn in Hamilton and Whole Foods in Toronto.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kjlutz
Tutorial Contributor

I am woman watch me grow!

Wherever you've been, He's been there

« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2008 11:10:03 AM »

When I'm in canada I look for these refridgerated un-chicken cutlets that are just AMAZING. I forget the company that makes them, though. I've found them at The Barn in Hamilton and Whole Foods in Toronto.

I've had those, not as much since moving from Hamilton to Ottawa though.  My husband likes those ones better than I do, I can only eat half of one at a time.  I just wish they came without all the seasoning so that you could season them yourself. 

They are much better than the President's Choice frozen unchicken breasts (the seasoning on them leaves much to be desired). 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes you get to change the world, and other times the world changes you.

Currently drowning in the sea called PhD.

Interested in swapping for I-Spy Quilt Squares and Scraps.
Avian Flight
« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2008 05:11:35 PM »

Whee! A trader joe's just opened in brooklyn! Now I have access to some of these yummy sounding foods you girls have been talking about. Thanks for the recommendations.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
eula.wordpress.com - updated frequently! (food and bento)
beccabur
« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2008 09:02:18 PM »

I have fallen in love with the Gimme Lean ground sausage.  It's great with eggs, in sandwiches, and on pizzas.

The Tofurkey sandwich meat is depressing.  I really wanted to like it, and I just don't.

I have never had anything bad from Morningstar Farms.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
poseursteph
« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2008 11:33:57 AM »

mmm i love those doritos Smiley i eat them all the time at my work,  had to BEG the frito lay guy to sell them at the store i work at. Thankfully he's married to my boss so i broke them down after a while Grin.
 I must say i like the tofurkey deli slices. Than again i always put mine on an onion bagel, with tomato, lettuce, smart bacon, and veganase.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
The Muffin
« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2008 02:28:04 PM »

Anyone tried the Morningstar Farmes Broccoli Cheddar bites? They are awful. Not Cheesy and they just taste like mush with Broccoli in it. Gross.

I love them! Or at least like them... Most morning star stuff is yummy.

We got some really good veggie burgers, but now I forget what brand... I think they were called "garden veggie burgers" though...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to slide a Cybook into a epaper art frame
How to Freeze Time in After Effects
After Effects - Virtual 3D Photos
After Effects - Creating a 3D Room
After Effects - Audio to Animation
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...