A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,065
Currently Running With Scissors:
665 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ~*~*Reviews of Prepackaged Vegetarian and Vegan Foods*~*~  (Read 18779 times)
Tags for this thread: salad  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sunshine_fix
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2008 09:49:07 AM »

I just tried the Fantastic World Foods' version of vegetarian broccoli cheddar soup, hoping it would be a good meal for between classes because it's kinda like those cup noodles. Well, let me tell you-- do not try them! If you don't heed my warnings, prepare to be disappointed. They are disgusting. I followed the directions exactly and the broccoli came out hard and the soup was extremely watery and bland.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
likka9
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2008 06:23:54 PM »

I love the Nate's Beef-Flavor Taquitos. I can't remember if they are vegetarian or vegan, I'm thinking vegan though; they're frozen and pretty cheap.  They don't taste like beef, but they do taste a bit smoky, a bit spicy, and altogether pretty good. Even my meat-eating friends steal them when I have them. They do get kind of soggy if you microwave them though, so the oven is much better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone who thinks sunshine is happiness has never danced in the rain.
The Muffin
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2008 03:36:50 PM »

Amy's Bean Burritos are SO GOOD. You can get them with cheese, veggies, or lactose free I believe. I had the veggie one so far. It was amazing.

Dr. Praggers (sp?) veggie burgers are pretty good to. They actually have vegetables in them, go figure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
msguinevere
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2008 08:50:12 AM »

Amy's Texas Burgers are really yummy. The best veggie-burgers I've tried - they have no slime-factor!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vegebrarian

I brake for kitsch!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2008 11:07:49 AM »

I love Tofutti Cuties. Especially the mint chocolate chip ones.  What flavors do you guys commonly find in your local stores? I usually see mint, chocolate, berry and strawberry swirl.  I live in the Midwest and finally found peanut butter yesterday. I was overjoyed. Apparently there is a coffee flavor out there somewhere as well. I really want to find it. The peanut butter flavor tasted more like butterscotch to my boyfriend and I, but I still enjoyed them.  Kiss

Another recent discovery that I love is Field Roast brand Italian sausages which are made with eggplant. My v. meat loving (and Italian) Dad liked them so much he wanted to know where I bought them.

Also, Vegan Gourmet brand "cheeses" are really good for melting on sandwiches (I use the Monterey Jack flavor on my vegan patty melts).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

provides 100% of your daily recommended allowance of glitter
lamamarco
Lauren :)

sewing IS love.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2008 09:05:14 PM »

I love Tofutti Cuties. Especially the mint chocolate chip ones.  What flavors do you guys commonly find in your local stores? I usually see mint, chocolate, berry and strawberry swirl.  I live in the Midwest and finally found peanut butter yesterday. I was overjoyed. Apparently there is a coffee flavor out there somewhere as well. I really want to find it. The peanut butter flavor tasted more like butterscotch to my boyfriend and I, but I still enjoyed them.  Kiss

Another recent discovery that I love is Field Roast brand Italian sausages which are made with eggplant. My v. meat loving (and Italian) Dad liked them so much he wanted to know where I bought them.

Also, Vegan Gourmet brand "cheeses" are really good for melting on sandwiches (I use the Monterey Jack flavor on my vegan patty melts).

We have quite a few Cuties options out here....
- Berry
- Chocolate
- Vanilla
- Mint Chip
AND
- KEY LIME PIE!

SOOOO GOOOOOD!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lamamarco
Lauren :)

sewing IS love.

« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2008 09:24:39 PM »

Oh just wanted to add that the Amy's Veggie Loaf is really goooooood, I miss meatloaf and found this was a nice quick meal! Although, its not Vegan, so good thing I didn't buy any last time I was at the store!
http://www.amyskitchen.com/products/product_view.php?id=53

http://www.amazon.com/ZenSoy-Cappuccino-Certified-Organic-8-25-Ounce/dp/B00112XJUY/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=grocery&qid=1221193194&sr=8-1
Those are DELICIOUS! OMG so goooood, seriously!

http://www.wholesoyco.com/product_yogurt.html
These yogurts are really good, took some getting used to from regular yogurts, but I love them now!

http://www.turtlemountain.com/products/so_delicious_coconutyogurt_strawberrybanana.html
Here is a REview: http://bittersweetblog.wordpress.com/2008/07/23/not-soy-delicious-even-better/
I tried this coconut yogurt the other day and I was blown away! I loved it, the flavor was sweet and although the texture was a bit weird it was still amazing! Oh and its a lot lighter than the typical vegan yogurt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RockstarMom
Missing my crafting time

Shhhhh.... I'm using glue!

« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2008 12:54:29 PM »

I bought Morningstar sausage patties to make "healthy McMuffins" (w/ light whole grain english muffins) and they are AWESOME!! Even fed the hubster one this morning (He's a meatatarian Cheesy) and he agreed it was great!  Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Spring semester is kicking my butt.
GatbysRevolver

I love you now. Isn't that enough?

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2008 06:24:58 AM »

I have a question...if it's ok to ask....

If one is a vegetarian what would the appeal be of something that looks like/tastes like/smells like meat?

I mean...isn't the point to NOT eat meat...I mean, it it looks/tastes/smells like meat...why not just eat meat?

I know about all the moral issues involved that would cause a person who might like meat not to eat it and thus want a substitute but wouldn't they find something exactly like meat to be just as repulsive...

I'm sorry....just trying to understand  Smiley

Not everyone is veg/vegan due to disliking meat. Some people can't digest meats. Personally I don't like the texture of most meat (the whole biting into a tendon or vein thing freaks me out) nor do I like to eat meat that isn't truly free range (IE farmer Bob vs farmer Bob and Co.) And as much as I know I will get pummelled for saying so I also prefer to eat wild meat. The way I see it is if I am going to consume an animal I best know how it was treated or have part in its sacrifice, and use every bit of it. So seeing as I am poor and can not afford to buy a moo moo  from farmer Bob nor have the time to go hunting (that and I don't think at 9months preggers it'd be a good idea, bathrooms are a necessities every two feet at this point lol) I stick to veg/vegan foods as much as possible.
  Anywhoo on to my fav micro and go meal. I adore Mexican food. So when I found Trader Joe's (or Trader Jose's as it says on the packaging hehe) black bean and corn enchilada I was very excited. I was not to be disappointed either. They are completely vegan, dairy free and wheat free (aside from being processed in a plant that processes milk, wheat and tree nuts FYI to those of you with food allergies)and are super duper nummy.I don't remember how much they cost but I doubt it is over 5 smackaroos Side note: my fiance is a carnivore. If I could find a way to make veggies taste like steak he would gobble them up. And goddess forbid if I sneak tofu into his meal. However a few days ago I saw him munching on one of my enchiladas and took much glee in telling him he just ate tofu hehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged
missmuffcake

Attached to Matt with E600.

« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2008 02:15:00 PM »

I believe the TJ's burritos are just repackaged Amy's. TJ"s repackages a  lot of different foods with their own label.

Lately we love Tofurky Italian sausages, I brown diced up chunks of them in olive oil and add pasta sauce to serve over pasta...My carnivore boyfriend likes it to!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's more to life than books you know
                But not much more
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Banana Cream Cups Recipe
Pistachio-Raspberry Tea Cakes Recipe
Plum Cake Recipe
Kitchen Sink Cookies
Mexican Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...