A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,967
Currently Running With Scissors:
619 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ~*~*Reviews of Prepackaged Vegetarian and Vegan Foods*~*~  (Read 19809 times)
Tags for this thread: salad  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stellunasoleil
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2008 07:22:45 AM »

I just have to second the opinion on Primal Strips, seitan jerky....YUM!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
snappity-snap
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2008 11:50:07 PM »

has anyone had middle east feast from trader joes? its supposed to be vegan.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.    Psalm 139:13
Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2008 04:01:17 AM »

It gets two yums up from me. Although the falafel is a little odd, the way premade, cold falafel will tend to be.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

missmuffcake

Attached to Matt with E600.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2008 06:24:05 PM »

Where is it found in the store? The idea of cold falafel kinda turns me off though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's more to life than books you know
                But not much more
RockinRobyn
Avid Reader

Oh You!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2008 06:40:59 PM »

a shout out and a big thanks to everyone who recommended using Zatarian's Jambalaya Mix. We needed an easy meal so we bought this and some Tofurkey Italian style sausage. It was AMAZING. We couldn't get enough of it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

faithbri
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2008 04:29:35 PM »

I know that someone already mentioned those Trader Joes Beef strips on page 1 (and possibly somewhere else, I can't remember), but I wanted to say that at first my husband and I really liked the Trader Joes Chikn Strips, and then two purchases in a row they came to us over a month away from the date on the package but they had obviously gone bad. Very, very, very bad. They were covered in orange stuff, and at first we thought it was seasoning, and so we tried it.

I could go on forever describing to you just what it tasted like, but it's not worth it. Just wanted to put out there how terrible it was.
Nicely, however, we brought back in the packages both times and trader joes gave us our money back.

Also, about Amy's Soups-my husband really likes to have the canned lentil or minestrone for lunch at work, and you can buy packages of those at Costco for around $11 for 8 cans. Nice deal for Amys Smiley My husband can go either way with lentils but he really likes the Amys one...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mishymishy
but you can call me Liz.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2008 07:47:59 PM »

Soyrizo gets 5/5 stars from me. Trader Joes now makes their own Soyrizo line which is a bit less greasy. I make it in scrambled eggs.

I make it by frying it in a pan, similar to how one would make ground beef, moving it around.  (not that we eat ground beef but you know what I mean!) Once it's darker and looking almost burned,  I add some beaten eggs and scramble it all together. Very yummy, expecially with potatos.

Also, Morningstar(?)  Riblets get 10/5 stars from me! The best frozen thing you can take to work for lunch ever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not a woman, I'm a force of nature.

Trying to crochet a star blanket but can't start it? Check out my tutorial for help!
sunshine_fix
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2008 09:14:12 PM »

I'm really surprised nobody has reviewed anything from Amazing World Foods yet. It's not exactly pre-made, but it is most certainly pre-packaged. Everything is vegetarian, if not all vegan. I've only actually tried the Black bean, falafel and hummus so far.
Black Bean
Vegetarian
5/5...This stuff is seriously easy to make. All you have to do is boil some water and stir the black bean mix in. I ate it with some rice in a taco and it was freaking amazing and deliciously spiced.

Falafel Mix
Vegetarian
5/5...All you do with this one is pour some water into it, form it into balls, and either fry or broil them. It seriously takes like 10 minutes to make, perfect for a busy night and my omni boyfriend devours it. It's almost as good as I've had it in restaurants.

Hummus
Vegetarian
3/5...This is the only thing I've had from them that I don't totally love. It's easy in a pinch because like the others you just add water and stir, but it's really hard to get it mixed really well. Also, I think it lacks some acidity that I enjoy in the normal fresh hummus I get that I could pretty much eat at every meal.

Everything is no more than $3. Sorry if I sound like their salesperson or something, I'm just a poor, lazy, vegetarian college student.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
time_warp
Miss Spiritual Tramp of 1948

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2008 10:52:53 PM »

I tried Morningstar's Asian Veggie Patties the other day and they were delicious. They held their own just plain, no bun, no condiments, which is saying something for a veggie substitute. I couldn't find a picture, but I give them 5/5; highly recommended. Tasted like Chinese food without the grease and cross-contamination!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seasick Sarah had a golden nose
Hobnail boots wrapped 'round her toes
When she turned blue all the angels screamed
They didn't know they couldn't make a scene.

She had to run, run, run run, run.
missmuffcake

Attached to Matt with E600.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2008 03:02:06 PM »

Kashi has a few new vegan options. I tried the pocket sandwich and the bean dish. Both were a bit lacking in flavor for me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's more to life than books you know
                But not much more
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Debutante Ball 2013: Party at the Automobile Club in Paris
Save or Spend: Holiday Edition Part 3
Save or Spend: Holiday Edition Part 2
Save or Spend: Holiday Edition Part 1
Style in Woody Allen Films
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...