A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 298,066
Currently Running With Scissors:
538 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wedding Planner/Binder: A Work-In-Progress (w/ pictures)  (Read 983 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BabyPop
« on: June 23, 2008 08:52:55 PM »

I'm the maid of honor in my little sister's wedding, which is tentatively going to be May of 2009. I posted a thread asking for information/advice about wedding planners, and upon the great advice of *MAR* and other Craftsters, decided to tackle it myself.

It's a work in progress, but I was so excited that I went on and took some pictures of what I have done already. I also bought a bunch of dividers, plastic inserts, etc. I have some rubber stamps and think I will stamp each category name on the index dividers. Most of the rest of it will just be various printouts of timelines, etc.

I cut the paper (which I *thought* was black in the store, but looked more brown-ish when I got it home) and stupid me started placing everything (the stickers) going the wrong direction from the cut, so I had to insert the cover side-ways. I went on and did the back cover the same way to match it, so it looks intentional.

I got the hefty scrapbooking paper and stickers at Big Lots. I did the birdie design as a takeoff of this print...though they have a boston terrier so maybe I'll do a re-do/alternate using a takeoff of this little fella.

I used vintage floral fabric that sort of went with the colors. I like the kind of retro kid's storybook-ish look (perhaps attributable to the font stickers) and Holly Hobby-esque-ness, but it is NOT what I'd envisioned. I think their colors (not definite yet) are going to be black, white, and red, so if I can find some good paper between now and when I get the innards finished, I may do an alternate cover/spine/back. I wanted something that would be good for both my sister and her fiancee, and I'm afraid they'll think the cover (as-is) is too little-girly countrish or whatever. Anyway, not bad for whipping something up in an hour or so. I just wanted to get SOMETHING done to give me momentum, b/c I am NOTORIOUS for starting craft projects and not finishing them.

Anyway, enough long-winded discussion (sorry for the smears/glares):

I'll post more pictures as I work on things. Oh...and I couldn't find my gluesticks or rubber cement, so had to use Elmer's white glue, which is why the birdies look like crap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
teaparty

Crafting as thesis therapy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008 05:05:45 PM »

I think it looks great.

This is going to make your sister really happy, and with the coming year of miriad color/favor/invite choices ahead, I doubt her FH is going to mind if the planner has a slightly girly theme!

Definately post if you do a cool alternate cover. Your sis might appreciate being able to swap them out when her eyes start to swim from all the red/white/black stuff that will go inside!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vampires may be very sexy. Distraction by a sexy vampire may interfere with proper use of Vampire Detector. Vampire Detector is not responsible for sexy vampires.
BabyPop
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008 05:58:54 PM »

Well everything we saw in the store reminded me of a baby album - white fabric, satiny and froofy, which isn't her style and definitely not her FH's, who is a cop. Smiley I am too worn out to work on it tonight, but glad to see someone commented on it.

What I was sort of envisioning as an alternate would be a sort of black and white background/damask/toile-ish pattern, with red text in a script. I can't think of what the pattern I'm thinking of is called...if anyone can give me some help in that capacity, I'd appreciate it (links to images or whatever). I know I've seen it on various crafty invites, etc., but can't find what I'm talking about now that I'm actually looking.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kpooh
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008 06:57:44 AM »

I think your planner is great & it is going to be a big hit with her & future hubby!! Remember to let us see again when you get it all done too!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Light Things Up in the Bedroom with Glow in the Dark Lingerie
Charles James Fashion Show 1982 Hosted by Halston - The Videofashion Vault
How to Dress Like a Celebrity on a Budget
10 Fabulous Confidence Boosting Styles with Elizabeth Stewart
The Fringe Trend
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...