I'm the maid of honor in my little sister's wedding, which is tentatively going to be May of 2009. I posted a thread
asking for information/advice about wedding planners, and upon the great advice
of *MAR* and other Craftsters, decided to tackle it myself.
It's a work in progress, but I was so excited that I went on and took some pictures of what I have done already. I also bought a bunch of dividers, plastic inserts, etc. I have some rubber stamps and think I will stamp each category name on the index dividers. Most of the rest of it will just be various printouts of timelines, etc.
I cut the paper (which I *thought* was black in the store, but looked more brown-ish when I got it home) and stupid me started placing everything (the stickers) going the wrong direction from the cut, so I had to insert the cover side-ways. I went on and did the back cover the same way to match it, so it looks intentional.
I got the hefty scrapbooking paper and stickers at Big Lots. I did the birdie design as a takeoff of this print
...though they have a boston terrier so maybe I'll do a re-do/alternate using a takeoff of this little fella
I used vintage floral fabric that sort of went with the colors. I like the kind of retro kid's storybook-ish look (perhaps attributable to the font stickers) and Holly Hobby-esque-ness, but it is NOT what I'd envisioned. I think their colors (not definite yet) are going to be black, white, and red, so if I can find some good paper between now and when I get the innards finished, I may do an alternate cover/spine/back. I wanted something that would be good for both my sister and her fiancee, and I'm afraid they'll think the cover (as-is) is too little-girly countrish or whatever. Anyway, not bad for whipping something up in an hour or so. I just wanted to get SOMETHING done to give me momentum, b/c I am NOTORIOUS for starting craft projects and not finishing them.
Anyway, enough long-winded discussion (sorry for the smears/glares):
I'll post more pictures as I work on things. Oh...and I couldn't find my gluesticks or rubber cement, so had to use Elmer's white glue, which is why the birdies look like crap.