A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 304,742
Currently Running With Scissors:
403 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jewish Swap Gallery  (Read 7866 times)
Tags for this thread: challah  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

katchoo1
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2008 06:22:45 AM »

Thanks for your kind thoughts!  I don't need an angel--Lera-star DID send me a package, and it would have been a great swap item had it survived the mercies of the postal service.  My main thing with swapping is to challenge myself to make something cool inside a theme and the main reward for me is that the person I make it for likes it--receiving something myself is GREAT don't get me wrong, but I feel like this was still a successful swap for me because I had a good time. 

I did want to show you all what I got even though it's sad to look at because you can see how much effort went into it and how nice it was--I do hope Lera-star has an intact photo to show off as well.  She took care to make it in the colors I'd mentioned as favorites (blue and purple):

And yes, the package WAS labelled:

Lera-star also sent this little needlepoint kit which DID survive the trip and which I look forward to making up--it will be a sweet little Chanukah decoration, and I don't have many of them as yet.

Lera-star I'm SO sorry this happened to your project.  I would have loved it and used it with pride, and I'm aching for the time and effort you put into it.  Thank you so much!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy shop:  http://lifeattherancho.etsy.com
I <heart> paper crafts!  PM me about private swaps...
Sheva
A Real Jewish Princess

"Women in wigs and Men in beards!"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2008 07:45:13 AM »

That is so sad but you could mosaic it on to something so you can still enjoy it. I bet HSG would have some ideas on this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lera-star
what you really wanna know about Lera yupyup

if all craft is art, dose that make all art craft?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2008 08:58:23 AM »

*dies a little inside* oh no, you have got to be kidding. stupid Postmen (sorry if there are some in this swap but still) i do have an intact picture and will be posting it asap. i'mm very sorry for what happened.... i think i just threw up in my own mouth. i'm so sorry but really the lack of care with a Fragile package and it was a sador plate to. i'm very very sorry once again Katchoo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

katchoo1
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2008 09:09:49 AM »

A mosaic would be a great idea!  I have no idea how to go about it, but the middle section with the star could be turned into a Pesach trivet for hot dishes on the table, and still look beautiful...I will have to get with HSG for ideas on that...
when life gives you lemons make lemonade...if life gives you shards, make mosaics!  I like the way you look on the bright side Smiley

OTOH it crossed my mind that a shattered seder plate seems an almost appropriate image this week as we approach Tisha b'Av...not that I'm saying that it's a GOOD thing or intentional but the sadness kind of fits the mood of these days in the calendar year...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy shop:  http://lifeattherancho.etsy.com
I <heart> paper crafts!  PM me about private swaps...
mamarose22
« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2008 01:12:58 PM »

I received this for my OTT19 swap.  We listed 5 themes and I listed, cats, roses, butterflies, crochet themes and Jewish themes.  My swap partner bombarded other people on the swap and ended up making this mezuzah cover from polymer clay (her first attempt with this medium).  I think it came out very nice.  She tried to also incorporate my theme of roses by using pink for the letter and light green scrolls representing the vines.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2008 01:16:14 PM by mamarose22 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
http://www.pinterest.com/mamarose22/
Lera-star

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2008 08:59:55 AM »

So cute. to day is my day off ! (finally) and i will be scanning and down loading picures today. woot woot. so the non broken plate will make it's aperance soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

quilted
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2008 02:21:00 PM »

I received, I received!!!!   Grin

LaughingSister is so creative! Check out these awesome mirrors.... the background is maps of Israel! Isn't that super cool?

She even painted the sides. It looks so professional!

She also sent awesome matza fabric!! I love it  Cheesy *And* a weekly planner specifically for Jewish women! I've been having so much fun reading through it.... it's full of recipes, and ideas for preparing for the holidays, etc. This will be so useful, especially as I'm going back to work in two weeks, and really need to keep on top of things better.

Thank you so much, LaughingSister! Please let me know when you'll be in town!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Try my free mobile health apps for the military community (and civilians too!): https://t2health.org/products/mobile-apps
TheCraftyCat

The truth is out there... anybody got the URL?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2008 07:14:19 PM »

Lovely package!

And with that I declare this swap complete.  Everyone did great work - thank you all for participating!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sophieangele
Two-headed girl

lacing fingers through the notches of your spine

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2008 08:45:20 AM »

What a great swap package! The mirrors are so cool Smiley

I can't wait for a R2 Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lera-star

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: August 16, 2008 07:39:45 PM »

i will still post a picture. i know i keep putting it off but i don't know were my card reader is. i suck so bad!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get a Voluminous Ponytail
Everything You Need to Know Before Getting Pastel Hair Color
Snooki BTS Hair Extensions at Vidov Salon NYC
How To Style Wet Hair Quickly
How To Create a Messy Up Do With Cesar Ramirez
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek
October 15, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...