A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,316
Currently Running With Scissors:
524 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 37
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jar of Mini Whimsies Round 2 Swap Gallery!  (Read 32128 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lucy van pelt
in the sky, with diamonds

lie back and think of england

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #310 on: August 07, 2008 07:23:22 AM »

Glad you liked it, Decaf!

Those are worry dolls, and when I was 10 I was in southern California, and they sold them there (these aren't the same ones). I thought they were Mexican in origin. Not sure!

I had lots of game pieces - my kids are too old to play with board games now! Have fun!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mir
« Reply #311 on: August 07, 2008 07:34:17 AM »

i love that someone thought of magnetic poetry pieces.

that's a definite "why didn't i think of that?" for me
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mcbenno
Pronounced mc.ben.no, not mc.bean.o ;)

It's a guineasaurus rex!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #312 on: August 07, 2008 07:00:49 PM »

UrsulaDiamond received my jar about a week ago, but it seems she's been working a lot lately an hasn't had a chance to post pics. I unfortunately didn't get pics of the goodies (I thought of taking pictures AFTER I shoved everything into the jar for the 5th time) but here's some pics until she can get some up.

the top of the jar Wink

sides one and 2 - shows some "U" post-its, a patch, some ribbon roses, and a flapper button that both jenicat and I wanted to keep! I sent it figuring I could just go buy more and now we can't find them at JoAnns! haha - oh well Cheesy

sides 3 and 4 - some elvis stickers, a string of red sequins (there's gold ones in there somewhere too), some red and black fabric, buttons and bobbles. You can kind of also see the gold embroidery floss I sent.

there's also a pen that looks like a syringe that I thought was pretty rockin'. A bunch of charms, a tiny bottle of glue, buttons, beads, some mini sharpies, chicklets, some of those little plastic cards for embroidery floss, gosh, other stuff I don't remember I'm sure.

Oh, and I made her a rosary too (she said she wanted rosary beads). Hopefully she can put up some pics of the guts of the jar and comment on anything I may have forgotten, but I wanted to put these up because she's been so busy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dawt
I heart my duplicate daughters

I know, huh?

« Reply #313 on: August 07, 2008 07:17:44 PM »

Thanks for doing that, mcbenno, and I do hope we get to see more! (I wish I would have taken photos of all the loot I sent as well...next time.) It's all in the details, people, so we can get our 'I Spy' fixes! That, and it's nice to brag on one's partner so they know what they've done is truly appreciated. Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

mcbenno
Pronounced mc.ben.no, not mc.bean.o ;)

It's a guineasaurus rex!

« Reply #314 on: August 07, 2008 07:36:27 PM »

worry dolls on wikipedia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sinisterbutterfli
« Reply #315 on: August 08, 2008 11:19:05 AM »

I came home to find a package waiting from pikabean yesterday. Woo, whimsies! Everything is so cute.

First, the jar was looking at me...

Now for the goods.

First was a bunch of ribbons, some zippers, and a holographic superhero card (I think it's Robin, but it's hard to tell). I LOVE the candy ribbon.

Tons of tiny things, including a pink elephant (LOL), a slinky, and these wicked cool sushi bandaids (one is removed from the package to show off).

Here's all the SUPER tiny things, like origami stars, beads and googly eyes.

Some of my favorite stuff, shrinky dink sushi charms she made (so going to be a bracelet in a matter of days), japanese candy, and some polymer clay sushi from one of my favorite etsy sellers.

Last is this tiny duck that's actually about the size of a pencil eraser. It's so TINY! Seriously, where does one find a duck this small?

Thanks pikabean, everything's fantastic.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
goldfishpollywog
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #316 on: August 08, 2008 11:45:02 AM »

I am always amazed by those tiny paper stars, my clumsy hands could never do that!   Cheesy
The U shaped eye thing, that is  for hand puppets right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
pikabean
also known as Natch

cross my heart and kiss my elbows!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #317 on: August 08, 2008 11:51:22 AM »

I'm so glad you like it all! Smiley

the duck is actually a stash whimsy... all the way from a toy museum in a small town in Germany (near the border of Poland) about a year ago. Shocked The woman in the museum (which was like 4 small rooms) had these teensy matchbox diorama kits to give to the kids who came- which had like 2-3 of those small ducks, a tiny tree and a slightly bigger frog guy in them... at 18 I didn't really qualify as a kid but she gave me one anyway. haha

another fun origin story- the two fanta/soda can charms in your faves picture came from a flea market in Paris about 5 years ago... I had coke and pepsi ones too which I made in to earrings for myself not long after, but have no idea where those are now Wink haha

I think some of the ribbon might be from another country as well... the Netherlands maybe?  Or Italy (Milan)?  My mom picked it up for me when she was on a business trip somewhere interesting...

goldfishpollywog - the stars aren't as hard as they look Wink haha.  Actually, I don't know if I could still make 'em very well, but I made them all the time in middle school and collected them in a small jar.  And yes, the U shaped eye thing is Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitting_nyxxie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #318 on: August 08, 2008 12:22:41 PM »

I am really impressed with all the stuff you all are sending each other. If there is another round of this swap I will have to consider joining.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you in Middle TN Join us TN Craftsters!
Wist
KimberlyPye
« Reply #319 on: August 08, 2008 12:33:34 PM »

I am always amazed by those tiny paper stars, my clumsy hands could never do that!   Cheesy
The U shaped eye thing, that is  for hand puppets right?

I love those itty-bitty stars, too, but I have no interest in trying to make them.  Roll Eyes

Y'all can send me some, though!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 37 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tangy Garlic Sirloin Steak Bites Recipe
Southern Cornbread with Sage Casserole Recipe
Crock Pot Eye of Round Roast Recipe
Beautiful Buttery Brown Noodles Recipe
Creamy Cream Cheese Corn Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...