A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,071
Currently Running With Scissors:
672 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 37
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jar of Mini Whimsies Round 2 Swap Gallery!  (Read 27293 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

clovergrace
The Positive Pessimest

Sometimes when you fall, you fly.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #190 on: July 21, 2008 09:47:49 PM »

Okay, I have to say this has been my favorite swap of all time and I have more than the three on here (I did an endless amount on Nervousness.org before the new handlers went nutty...anyone else ever on there?). I got totally spoiled! Prepare to be jealous:

The Jar (notice the trees? How cool is that!)

The lid with beads and keys!

The Snail and Fish (My favorite things)

Shrinkies, buttons, domino, bowling pins, green heart love pin, and the blue ball even lights up!

Thread, suction cups with hooks, measuring spoons, teddy punch, glass marbles and magnets, knitted book mark

Clock hands, word beads, a die, tags, diaper pins...

Overview shot of everything (Lady bug is my nifty note!)

I've got even more photos on my flickr! Some things I haven't named are a ziggy cup, 4 mini ink pads, scrapbooking brads and paperclips, ribbon tied to the jar, gingerbread men, worry dolls, a pack of confetti and bits perfect for resin, buddy holly and white stripes pins, two crochet hooks, and the cutest mini harmonica you ever laid eyes on...and it's all mine!

More photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/9880458@N06/sets/72157606305585880/ (36 photos total!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goldfishpollywog
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

« Reply #191 on: July 21, 2008 10:07:45 PM »

That snail brought tears to my eyes, and a forgotten memory!  My Greatgma had one on her "pretties" shelf.  Thanks for helping me remember!

Oh.....ummm...Sorry for the detour.  The Jar is beautiful too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
dawt
I heart my duplicate daughters

I know, huh?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #192 on: July 21, 2008 11:49:14 PM »

So much whimsy I'm almost on overload! Great stuff, you guys, your partners did you proud! Speaking of which, my jar of whimsies from jaberella was fabulous, dalink!

Here's the box:

The card...I about peed when I saw the ruby red slippers card! (Oz just does it for me!)

The jar with a sweet crafted lid...yes, that's a little palm-sized bone folder you see, adorable!

Other side of jar, a packet of seeds from a Renoir showing!:

The long-shot of my whimsical stash:

My name! And just look at those 4 tiny puppies, they were anxious to play with all the beads and buttons:

Left side of pile of goodness; plant moisture checker thingie (it's already checking a plant), crocheted butterfly key chain, bits & baubles, sea shells (love those!), Christmas tree stamp, an old Venetian Mints tin (YES!), flower knob, tongue tats, bell, copper wire (so handy), thimble, gorgeous teal ribbon (I'll have to pair it with black so I can make something to show my San Jose Sharks team spirit!):

Right side; a very pretty glass bead that looks like a vase, paper folding, faith (ya got-ta have faith-a-faith-a-faith! or, ya gotta have FAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIITH! depending on which version you listen to...snicker), lip gloss that sparkles, of course, a yellow/gold headband, bag closer thingie, miniature tape and whimsical felted flowers (GAH!), one of which will soon become a pin that I will wear with so much pleasure I won't be able to stop smiling!:

One last look:

Thanks again, jaberella, I would have never guessed this was your first swap, you did a GRRRREAT job and I'm so pleased with all of my new whimsies! And thank you, Mamaphunk, for hosting this exceptionally fun swap!

« Last Edit: July 21, 2008 11:52:49 PM by dawt » THIS ROCKS   Logged

dawt

I know, huh?

« Reply #193 on: July 22, 2008 12:06:55 AM »

Thought I'd post some additional photos of the jar I sent jaberella while I'm at it. I didn't take any close-ups because I didn't want to dump the jar, I'd been filling it for so long things were pretty much settled and I didn't want to kick up the dust.

Here's the front and back, it was about 13-inches tall. The red star is made of metal:

Close-up of label (I couldn't resist!). I purposely left the ingredients showing cause I thought it was good for a chuckle. I don't know about you, but I think whimsies ARE high in fiber and they DO lower cholesterol levels! *giggle*

If you look closely you can see a tatting shuttle cause she said she tats, vintage buttons, iron-on star (she likes stars), needles:

More vintage buttons scattered about, poker chips (just for fun), and the prettiest vintage leaves and blue flowers on earth!

Fun, fun, fun, fun swap!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

goldfishpollywog
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

« Reply #194 on: July 22, 2008 12:18:31 AM »

These jars are sooo amazing (and addictive).  Beautiful jars!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
yarnorama
There's a party in my yarn stash and everyone's invited.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: July 22, 2008 12:57:59 AM »

The card and everything in the jar is so cute!
What's a bone folder?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Some girls were just born with glitter in their veins.

Visit my blog @ somethingquitelovely.blogspot.com
dawt

I know, huh?

« Reply #196 on: July 22, 2008 01:21:43 AM »

goldfishpollywog: You're right! I AM addicted!

crafty_luvr: A bone folder is handy when working with paper. You smooth it over the folded end of the paper to tighten up the fold. They used to be made out of bone, still could be, I'm not sure. It's a handy-dandy thing to have on hand when scrap booking or making cards, journals or books, even Origami.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008 01:23:09 AM by dawt » THIS ROCKS   Logged

cherryrose
« Reply #197 on: July 22, 2008 04:38:33 AM »

I could use a bone-folder, but I always use my fingernails. Those work to  Grin
great jars all around, I can't wait for the next round! I'm already looking around for more whimsies!
I think I'm addicted!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*I'm up for personal swaps!*
http://www.wists.com/cherryrose
Acarpous
« Reply #198 on: July 22, 2008 06:36:10 AM »

All these jars are tooooooo cute! I can't wait for mine to arrive with my partner. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Quail
« Reply #199 on: July 22, 2008 11:12:20 AM »

Finally I am able to post photos from the incredible jar that Littlebiskit sent.    I can't tell you how long it took to set everthing up for a photo op!  There were so many tiny animals (that I plan to imbed in resin) that I gave up setting them up and just put a representation!

Check these out for some I-Spy!

A shot of the whole jar's contents!

Vintage jewelry for me to craft with, tiny statues, mini erasers, an adorable shrink plastic quail....
(BTW, I think I had those crazy black, beaded, dangly earings in the 80's)

A representation of terrific teany tiny animals (which apparently were meant for the dinosaur that she sent for my son to eat but I may keep them myself.  Besides, the dinosaur is busy fighting aliens right now).  Cute gingham brads!

I love Hello Kitty and other japanese pop cute characters.  I now have a wallet (which is waterproof and will go with me to the beach); paper, stickers, and more.  And lots of other cute whimsies!

More Hello Kitty, paper, flower crafting supplies, lots of foreign money from several different coutries which is so cool.  Sport beans to motivate me to run (which is on my mind after being at a lake this weekend with my very fit and thin friends and feelin' flabby!)

Also included were some cool Minnesota souvenirs.  Postcards and buttons from the Halloween Capitol of the world (note to Littlebiskit:  My younger son is very obsessed with Halloween!)  and a loon thimble.

So many other cool things that I know I didn't mention.  Many thanks to my awesome swap partner!! and to Homerof2 for organizing!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

visit my etsy shop
www.rubyunderground.etsy.com
my quirky crafty blog of things I make and cool things and sites I find
www.thecraftymommy.blogspot.com
www.wists.com/craftymommy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 37 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook Truffled Egg Benedict
How to Make a Grilled Chicken Club Sandwich
How to Cook Stir Fried Chicken with Cashew Nuts
How to Prepare Chicken Baked with Garlic
How to Mix Roast Quail with Sauce
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...