A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 306,352
Currently Running With Scissors:
517 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: use a potato or onion sac  (Read 2596 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

aspiring
« on: February 09, 2005 07:15:37 AM »

I've got Retro Revamp and want to make a bag out of it.  The pattern says to start with a potato or onion bag and then sew table cloth vinyl onto it.  I can't picture what kind of potato or onion bag this might be, any clues?  There are some that are plasticy mesh and some are paper with a mesh window.  Are there other kinds in the US?  Or I am incapable of imagining?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bellaphira
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005 07:37:02 AM »

Big bags of taters sometimes come in burlap sacks...or maybe they don't do that anymore Hrmmm : /
THIS ROCKS   Logged
katier

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005 06:31:14 PM »

I've seen the plastic-y mesh ones you mentioned. Maybe they are talking about burlap, though I haven't seen onions in burlap ever (which is not to imply they aren't sold in burlap). When I think of old food bags, I think of the flour sacks. Maybe that's what they mean. Guess I'm not much help. Heh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't need a baby growing inside me for nine months. For one thing, there's morning sickness. If I'm going to feel nauseous and achy when I wake up, I want to achieve that state the old fashioned way: getting good and drunk the night before.
--Ellen DeGeneres
punkrockgirl

Breathing fire doesn't look good on a resume'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2005 11:19:34 PM »

A neat alternative might be to get a big bag of rice- they come in either fabric or sort of woven nylon bags that might work. This would be good if you use a lot of rice.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
aspiring
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2005 06:32:09 AM »

I ended up getting a rectangular orange mesh onion bag, it worked out ok. Burlap or those woven plastic rice bags have lots of crafty possibilities too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nik
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2005 12:46:21 AM »

you can find burlap feed bags at feed stores, like where they sell horse food and stuff. they're cheap too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shinycopperpenny
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005 03:27:59 PM »

oh i did this exact bag last summer!!! It is sooo hard to find a bag for it... my gramma went to cub and all she could find was the orange stretchy little onion bags.. so she went to rainbow foods the next day and she asked this little old man who worked there about one and she brought the book to show the picture and he said that they get the potatoes in them but then they move them all out of the bag. and into the shelves...or something like that... but anywayz he said he would keep one for me becuz normally they just throw them away and so my gramma went back the next day whiel he was working and came home with a beaute! It was red mesh and was  a 50 lb potato sack!!! ITS huge but not too big too look out of the ordinary! this was in MN so i dont know about all the other weird little states out there if there are rainbow foods stores but just ask your big grocery store chain! sorry that i ramble in this post...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shinycopperpenny
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2005 03:28:54 PM »

oh yeah and the bag came with no potatoes in it so it was freee....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
One-Minute Holiday Beauty Hacks
Forever 21 Makeup Line Review
Look Beautifully Barefaced
Best Holiday Nail Polishes
3 Holiday Inspired DIY Beauty Treatments
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...