A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,405
Currently Running With Scissors:
770 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Looking for pattern/tut for small dog carrier (not a tote)  (Read 5078 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

putttipple
« on: June 22, 2008 03:14:23 PM »

I recently got a chihuahua-Pomeranian cross puppy, and I am trying to find a pattern or tutorial for a carrier that I can use for him in the winter time. 

The problem is that I live above the Arctic circle, and the winters here are COLD!!  It gets down to about -60 degrees Celsius (about -75 in Fahrenheit) on the coldest days, and that is too cold to have a 5 pound dog out on a leash or in a tote.  I figure the best way to get him around would be a sling or mei-tei type carrier, like you would use for a child, that I could wear under my parka.

Has anyone seen anything like this designed for a dog?  I would really appreciate any direction.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wherever you go, there you are.
Elenadc
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008 04:03:22 PM »

Hi!  I happened to be looking through McCall's website earlier and came across this: http://www.mccallpattern.com/item/M5514.htm.  I'm not sure if it's quite what you're looking for, but it could probably be modded a little smaller or something.  Hope this helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Shoestring Theory
PerachYafeh
C.A.D.ing around...

Got crafts?YouGetFun!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008 06:46:05 AM »

Hello,

I will keep my eyes open..for you and me. I just adopted a Min pin and I am still adjusting to the dogs needs. A winter carrier will be a must, eventhough I am not in that kind of cold you are. I think we could adapt any apttern that we come across, as long as we keep in mind the material used. I am hoping to get a hold of thinsulate type material to sandwich with whatever fabric i use for the bag carrier.
I am bookmarking the discussion...if you find anything let me know. I will do the same ; )
Anary
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get More Body for Your Hair
How to Get Knots Out of Your Hair
How to Get Face Framing Curls for Your Hair
How to Do Burlesque Hair
How to Do J-Rock Hair
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...