A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,166
Currently Running With Scissors:
449 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Clapotis from Knitty  (Read 239510 times)
Tags for this thread: clapotis  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: April 18, 2006 08:52:41 PM »

What brand of yarn is this pharmgirl147? I love the colors!

Emms
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007 09:37:11 PM by Lothruin » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pharmgirl147
« Reply #521 on: April 18, 2006 10:39:25 PM »

Emms

it is Ornaghi filati bamboo (100% vicose from bamboo source) the webpage is http://www.ornaghi.it  This is colour 804

It's really shiny and soft.  I love it!  I'm about half way done the increase part, when I get something a bit more substantial, I'll post a pic.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 swaps and will do personal ones!
Blogification: http://pharmgirl147.blogspot.com/
loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 18, 2006 11:23:25 PM »

Emms

it is Ornaghi filati bamboo (100% vicose from bamboo source) the webpage is http://www.ornaghi.it  This is colour 804

Thanks Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aunt carrot

pom-poms make the heart grow fonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #523 on: April 18, 2006 11:35:45 PM »

Oh my stars and garters, reading through this thread has been so freakin' inspiring. So many beautiful clapoti! It's also been frustrating, because I ordered some Andean Silk from knitpicks, and the package is sitting in my apt. building management office, calling my name, as I sit here NOT KNITTING. (I was notified yesterday that I had a package waiting for me, but I get off work pretty late and the office was already closed. I went this morning before work and the lady was too busy with her personal phone call to get me my damn package, or just give me the $(*#&%@# key to the mailroom... then I raced back on my "lunch" break, got there at 5:55pm, and the office was already closed! They're supposed to close at 6. Whatevs. I'm not a raging knitaholic. Really. I can handle this. I've got fallback projects. Just keep breathing.)

Anywho, I'm jumping on this thread a little late in the game because 2 women in my SNB have finished theirs in the last month or so and they are gorgeous. I can't wait to get started.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I didn't and don't want to be a 'feminine' version or a diluted version or a special version or a subsidiary version or an ancillary version or an adapted version of the heroes I admire. I want to be the heroes themselves." --Joanna Russ.
fleurs
« Reply #524 on: April 19, 2006 04:00:56 AM »

Emms

Wooww this is rally nice, but i can't find this yarn.i looked for but i can't see. Huh
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007 09:37:48 PM by Lothruin » THIS ROCKS   Logged
pharmgirl147
« Reply #525 on: April 19, 2006 08:58:30 AM »

Wooww this is rally nice, but i can't find this yarn.i looked for but i can't see. Huh

That's the oddest thing ever.  I checked their site and I can't find it either... only the solid colours.  I know that you can get it from this place (as it's where I got it) The Wool Emporium, it's not on the product list, but I'm sure that if you contacted them they'd be able to give you prices (I paid $8.99CDN per ball minus my ten percent membership discount).  I did a quick search online too, and this place has it available and I belive it's a US online store.

Hope this helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kimbabwe
« Reply #526 on: April 19, 2006 09:27:58 AM »

I actually finished mine a couple of months ago and am just finally getting around to posting my final pic. I used Malabrigo in the color of Amoroso. Love the color. Love the yarn. Ran out in the last corner, and you can see very clearly in the corner on the righthand side that -- horror of horrors -- the yarn changes. It's not a very close match. I'm still hoping that I'll be able to find another skein of Amoroso someday and I'll frog the last 20 rows or so and re-knit them in the proper color scheme. That was a huge bummer. To the point where it has made me not wear it as much as I'd like... Booo. But I still think it's a great pattern and I may grow to love mine someday...

« Last Edit: November 18, 2011 12:45:29 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
fleurs
« Reply #527 on: April 19, 2006 11:51:52 AM »

That's the oddest thing ever.  I checked their site and I can't find it either... only the solid colours.  I know that you can get it from this place (as it's where I got it) The Wool Emporium, it's not on the product list, but I'm sure that if you contacted them they'd be able to give you
prices (I paid $8.99CDN per ball minus my ten percent membership discount).  I did a quick search online too, and this place has it available and I belive it's a US online store.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for the  :)information

Kimbabwe, it looks nice  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rachillsk8
« Reply #528 on: April 19, 2006 08:35:23 PM »

My yarn came the other day while I was out of town!  I'm doing it in Knit Picks Gossamer in Caribbean:
http://www.knitpicks.com/yarns/itemid_5420128/yarn_display.aspx

I'll probably cast on tomorrow Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pharmgirl147
« Reply #529 on: April 20, 2006 01:16:31 AM »

My yarn came the other day while I was out of town!  I'm doing it in Knit Picks Gossamer in Caribbean:
http://www.knitpicks.com/yarns/itemid_5420128/yarn_display.aspx

I'll probably cast on tomorrow Smiley

Oh my goodness!  I love that colour sooo much... and I love that shop!! When I'm all growed up and actually am working instead of going to school, I'm going to have to buy aaaaall sorts of goodies from there.

I can't wait to see how it looks.  You *must* post when you get something on needles Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Apply Matte Red Lip Stain
Fall Makeup Trends From Jill Martin
3 Volume-Boosting Beauty Products For Your Hair, Lips and Skin
Change Your Eye Shape With Eyeliner Make Up Tutorial
Get Your Beauty Sleep
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...