A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,727
Currently Running With Scissors:
594 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Clapotis from Knitty  (Read 238871 times)
Tags for this thread: clapotis  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Roe
« Reply #430 on: March 05, 2006 03:55:54 PM »

I ran out of yarn with only 24 rows to go, which means one tiny little corner of Clapotis. This made me mad not only becasue I had to buy more yarn, but also because I am knitting this for the Knitting Olympics and I am using Lion and Lamb. Not exactly cheap to buy an extra skein for a couple of inches of knitting.

More details on my blog: http://knithole.blogspot.com/

Ooooh. I would have gone back to the increase section and ripped out maybe 20 rows, or two less repeats of it, then knit the end. Or I would have started over again with less increases. But that's me - I'm weird like that!

sue

I couldn't bare to do that, plus it was my knitting olympics project so I had to get it done or be really disappointed.

Do you know how far you got with each skein? I am trying to gauge whether I will have to shorten my Clapotis or not, and I am also using the L&L.

I got through the third drop stitch row with the first skein. I just finished the 6th repeat in the straight section and I am maybe halfway through the second skein (not sure exactly). How does this line up with your usage?

I don't remember how far I got with each skein. I just remember only having twenty some rows to knit and I ran out. It was very dramatic. Just the very last corner of it. so maybe a few yards or less even.

sorry I can't help much more than that.

roe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

princessliak
« Reply #431 on: March 05, 2006 07:30:38 PM »

I finished it and love it.  I wore it all night - it goes well with pajamas!  I used 1.75 skeins of Red Heart Luster Sheen in Ocean with size 7 needles.  I did one extra repete of the straight sections, but wish I had done a few more.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are so many ways to die without losing your life.

www.baskinginbliss. blogspot.com
www.lulu.com/content/292980
loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 06, 2006 12:12:08 AM »

Grr! I had to buy two more skeins of lang tosca today, because even though I bought 6 skeins, and cut out 6 reps of the straight section, I still ran out!

Is it just me, or is the amount of yarn specified for this pattern waaaay off???

Oh well, I am almost done.... can't wait to show y'all. Everyone I talk to or meet while I am knitting this loves it. I may have to fight a few people just to keep it lol  Cool

princessliak, yours is GORGEOUS. I will have to make another Clap I think.   Roll Eyes
Emm
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006 12:26:27 AM by loisgriffinwannabe » THIS ROCKS   Logged

litlnemo
« Reply #433 on: March 06, 2006 12:17:45 AM »

Mine is done! I'll get some photos to post tomorrow!

I eliminated one of the straight sections, but it still came out to be 58" long. So it was fine. I'm probably not going to block it, as it looks good as is.

I have just a little ball of yarn left. It was the Lion & Lamb, 3 skeins. The first skein ran out about 2 1/2 repeats into the straight section. The second one ran out during the 10th repeat. So I did 2 more repeats (and the rest of the 10th), ending with 12 instead of the 13 the pattern called for. It worked out perfectly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lasandri
originator of the term "crackster", as in craftster is like crack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #434 on: March 06, 2006 04:25:00 PM »

Is it just me, or is the amount of yarn specified for this pattern waaaay off???

get this: i started making my clap with handspun, handpainted yarn from uruguay (some obscure ebay yarn that comes straight from uruguay). now it needs more yarn! i ordered another hank, but the dyelot is VASTLY different from the one i had originally. UGH.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

litlnemo
« Reply #435 on: March 06, 2006 06:11:43 PM »

Ok, here are the promised pics!

I am wearing the thing now. I love it!

(Editing post to add the technical info:)

Yarn: Lorna's Laces Lion & Lamb, 3 skeins of approx. 205 yds each, colorway 630, Bittersweet (which is the exact yarn from the Knitty pattern) Smiley

Needles: Boye Needlemaster set circs, US 9 (I am a tight knitter; this is about the equivalent of 8s for most knitters)

How long to knit: 19 days, but I was knitting a lot to get it done. I am a slow knitter.

Yarn usage and pattern modification: I used a spreadsheet checklist thingy while knitting the pattern, and made a note on it whenever I finished a skein. The first skein ran out about 2 1/2 repeats into the straight section, so I knew the last skein would probably be enough for 2 1/2 straight repeats and all of the decreases. So the second one would just fill in as many increases as possible in between. The second one ran out during the 10th repeat. So I did 2 more repeats (and the rest of the 10th), ending with 12 instead of the 13 the pattern called for. It worked out perfectly. Otherwise the pattern was exactly as written.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006 12:11:18 AM by litlnemo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PimpernelSmith
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm sooo over due to get over an ocean...*waves at far away places*

Jack of all Crafts -- Master of None

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 06, 2006 09:38:26 PM »

Yummy!

Anybody else want a base page where we list what yarns were used, how much was needed, and cite a reference to a companion picture (when applicable)?

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.Dave Barry
knottyknitpicks
« Reply #437 on: March 06, 2006 11:07:08 PM »

Yummy!

Anybody else want a base page where we list what yarns were used, how much was needed, and cite a reference to a companion picture (when applicable)?

Smiley

i second that!  i keep seeing wonderful knitted stuff on this site...and always wonder what yarn, what needles, how many skeins, etc were used to make such wonderful FOs.  much easier if it was kept on the same post rather than having somepost a request for it several posts later.  Smiley  great suggestion!

btw, that clapotis about 2 posts above this post is beautiful. and yes, i'm woner what yarn was used, and how many skeins and did you follow the original pattern or modify it.  i have my yarn set for this project.....just waiting to see if i want to follow the pattern as is or modifiy.  Smiley  i love seeing everyone's FOs on the Clapotis. VERY INSPIRATIONAL!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 06, 2006 11:30:49 PM »

I third that!!! Its a great idea! Maybe we should ask leah if we can have a board for that for all knitted projects? I know that I ask those questions alot and others do too!

Lets see what we can come up with!!

Emms  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

litlnemo
« Reply #439 on: March 07, 2006 12:13:01 AM »

btw, that clapotis about 2 posts above this post is beautiful. and yes, i'm woner what yarn was used, and how many skeins and did you follow the original pattern or modify it.  i have my yarn set for this project.....just waiting to see if i want to follow the pattern as is or modifiy.  Smiley  i love seeing everyone's FOs on the Clapotis. VERY INSPIRATIONAL!!!

Thank you! I went back to my post and added the technical info, so just scroll back up and it is there now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Render YouTube Videos in HD - Camtasia Studio
How to Render YouTube Videos in HD - Sony Vegas Pro
How to Render YouTube Videos in HD - Windows Movie Maker
How to Create HD Videos with Windows Movie Maker
How to Make Your Own Watermark for Your Videos
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...