A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,385
Currently Running With Scissors:
712 Guests and 40 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Clapotis from Knitty  (Read 238298 times)
Tags for this thread: clapotis  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: February 23, 2006 11:13:17 AM »

ok.. so i am going to cut out 1 or2 reps in section 3.... thanks y'all!!

Emms  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Roe
« Reply #421 on: February 24, 2006 07:59:33 AM »

I ran out of yarn with only 24 rows to go, which means one tiny little corner of Clapotis. This made me mad not only becasue I had to buy more yarn, but also because I am knitting this for the Knitting Olympics and I am using Lion and Lamb. Not exactly cheap to buy an extra skein for a couple of inches of knitting.

More details on my blog: http://knithole.blogspot.com/

THIS ROCKS   Logged

soozeq
« Reply #422 on: February 24, 2006 09:11:40 AM »

I ran out of yarn with only 24 rows to go, which means one tiny little corner of Clapotis. This made me mad not only becasue I had to buy more yarn, but also because I am knitting this for the Knitting Olympics and I am using Lion and Lamb. Not exactly cheap to buy an extra skein for a couple of inches of knitting.

More details on my blog: http://knithole.blogspot.com/

Ooooh. I would have gone back to the increase section and ripped out maybe 20 rows, or two less repeats of it, then knit the end. Or I would have started over again with less increases. But that's me - I'm weird like that!

sue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
litlnemo
« Reply #423 on: February 24, 2006 03:48:42 PM »

Do you know how far you got with each skein? I am trying to gauge whether I will have to shorten my Clapotis or not, and I am also using the L&L.

I got through the third drop stitch row with the first skein. I just finished the 6th repeat in the straight section and I am maybe halfway through the second skein (not sure exactly). How does this line up with your usage?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 24, 2006 04:49:35 PM »

I know, I am not finished. But, I am loving this project so much, I had to share an update photo. So here we go:

Isn't she beautiful? Did you see ma grande erreur? I didn't read the directions closely enough, and thought if I wasn't using markers, that I was to purl all the stitches between the KTBL sts... oh well. It still looks good!

Emms  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Roe
« Reply #425 on: February 26, 2006 11:12:37 AM »

yay! I finished my clapotis Knitting Olympics project with all the roadblocks that came my way. including running out of yarn (lion and lamb to be more specific) with only a few decreases to go. then the emergency yarn shipment showing up the day before the deadline. yikes! but I made it and am so happy that i did this!

more details on my blog: http://www.knithole.blogspot.com/

thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SpunK
KNITXCORE

i make stuff, and i'm a boy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #426 on: March 03, 2006 07:47:26 PM »

Clapotis for my grandma.... it's aruacania atacama(sp?) ... It's my new fav. yarn!!!  it was crazy soft and it draped so nicely... 
now my mom wants one.... ugh!!! i need better stitch markers...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kimbabwe
« Reply #427 on: March 04, 2006 04:30:07 AM »

Very cool, Spunk! It does look incredibly soft, and drapes very nicely. Is that a silk flower that you have pinned on it, or a knitted one?

Your grandma is going to love it; sounds like you'll be starting another one soon, too!

Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
katatonic
« Reply #428 on: March 04, 2006 08:42:02 AM »

I got two hanks of Knitpicks Shimmer to make one double stranded, but even on size 8s it was pretty thin (and too tedious for me to use needles that small). So I ordered another skein to do it tripled on #10s and we'll see how that turns out. It could be done with a single strand, but you'd have to use something like #3 needles and would have an awful lot of stitches to knit!

Yeah, I was using the Shimmer as well, on 8s. Don't get me wrong, it was a nice fabric -- but I didn't like working with such fine yarn. It's still partly finished, and I am not sure what I am going to do with it... I can't quite bear to rip it back, but I don't really want to finish it either. Smiley

I think triple-stranded with Shimmer would be lovely.
i triple-stranded with shimmer! on size 4s ... maybe i'm a loose knitter but it turned out great. i really wish i could post pics but alas, a poor student cannot afford a snazzy digi cam. i live in NYC and i can tell you, my clapotis is definitely not a winter scarf. we've been in a freeze recently and even with the alpalca, my clapotis isnt very warm. but if you live on the west coast, i think triple or even double will be fine. i just suggest going down a couple of needles to avoid a flimsy lacey clap. my clap has two full width repeats and then a bazillion straight sections. i think a full size clap would be gorgeous in Shimmer. Actually I think even triple stranded, it would be cheaper than a full size clap in Lion and Lamb.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SpunK
KNITXCORE

i make stuff, and i'm a boy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #429 on: March 04, 2006 10:00:30 AM »

it was a lil' silk flower from the clearance rack at jo-anns... i bought a ton the were only like .47 cents...  i knitted a flower (the rose from the nicky epstein book) but it kinda got lost in the print
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fake Side-Swept Bangs
How to Ask for the Style You Want at the Salon
How to Create a Classic Updo
How to Create a Fauxhawk
How to Create a Funky and Retro Updo
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...