A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
511 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Clapotis from Knitty  (Read 238809 times)
Tags for this thread: clapotis  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

I made a hell of a lot of crafts to get here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #280 on: October 02, 2005 02:41:53 PM »

yuvee - congrats on giving in to the clapotis.  If you need a little inspiration or motivation to get through knitting it post to this thread.  Someone will always be willing to give encouragement or at least commiserate.

Which reminds me, only 3 more repeats left on section 3 (had a frogging incident, ugh) will section 3 EVER end for me?   Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jenrsmall
« Reply #281 on: October 04, 2005 11:22:39 AM »

Finished the Clap for my mom -- in CHerry Tree Hill Silk+Merino DK, in Tropical Storm.  Check it out on my blog!

http://bluecanary.typepad.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

I made a hell of a lot of crafts to get here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #282 on: October 04, 2005 11:53:14 PM »

I just finished section 3!  Seriously, this isn't a hoax, I actually did it.  I felt like this moment would never come.  Woot woot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

litlnemo
« Reply #283 on: October 05, 2005 12:16:38 AM »

Congrats! I'm just about to start on a full-size Clap myself... as soon as the yarn gets here!

jenrsmall, your new Clapotis is lovely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beatnik_chik
Lightly Effervescent

Helpless!

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 05, 2005 09:29:37 AM »

I just finished section 3!  Seriously, this isn't a hoax, I actually did it.  I felt like this moment would never come.  Woot woot!
BOOOOOO!  Hooray!!
I just wanted to know if your name is from Salinger?  Because if it is, that's so cool.  Nine Stories is one of my favorite books.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<{{{><
And like a downward smoke, the slender stream
Along the cliff to fall and pause and fall did seem.
sammyb

Mmm... Bowie...

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 05, 2005 10:20:33 AM »

So I've been working on one of these suckers for a while... about two weeks (until a week ago, anyway)... while knitting on my lunch break (about the only time I get to knit these days!) I noticed that about five rows down from where I was, I purled on the knit side... I've never done that EVER!  So, I began to frog back, when I noticed a little weird spot in the beginning from a split yarn that didn't stretch itself out when I tried... so I ended up frogging the entire thing. I was one repeat into the straight section, too.  Cry

Now I'm on the second repeat of the increases and it's driving me nuts!  It'll be a Christmas present for MIL, so I need to get it done...

SouthWest Trading Co. Bamboo works pretty well for this project - MIL is allergic to wool, and my LYS had this in stock, unlike everything else I wanted to substitute.  I like it!  Although, I have to say when combined with Addi Turbo's, it is a disaster.  Back to these wierd plastic needles I got for .25 at Goodwill.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every time Olive Oyl flails her noodle-like arms in the air and cries for Popeye's help, a feminist angel gets her wings ripped off her back.  (courtesy of mental_floss.)
beatnik_chik
Lightly Effervescent

Helpless!

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 05, 2005 01:45:39 PM »

I'm dying to knit with soy silk.  Does anyone who has knit with it before think that it would make a good sub?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<{{{><
And like a downward smoke, the slender stream
Along the cliff to fall and pause and fall did seem.
acesulfamek
« Reply #287 on: October 05, 2005 04:25:50 PM »

Beatnik:  It would depend, of course, on the particular 'soy silk' yarn you choose, but I think most that I have seen would be perfect for this project. 

For example, I have been thinking about a Clap or similar out of Kollage (distributed by Southwest Trading Company) after I saw it here: http://www.knitpixie.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=35_38_144  That yarn is a 50% Soy / 50% Wool blend.  I haven't ever worked with it, though, so it isn't like I can vouch for it specificialy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tinytallgirl
« Reply #288 on: October 06, 2005 02:30:42 PM »

So I've been working on one of these suckers for a while... about two weeks (until a week ago, anyway)... while knitting on my lunch break (about the only time I get to knit these days!) I noticed that about five rows down from where I was, I purled on the knit side... I've never done that EVER!  So, I began to frog back, when I noticed a little weird spot in the beginning from a split yarn that didn't stretch itself out when I tried... so I ended up frogging the entire thing. I was one repeat into the straight section, too.  Cry

Now I'm on the second repeat of the increases and it's driving me nuts!  It'll be a Christmas present for MIL, so I need to get it done...

SouthWest Trading Co. Bamboo works pretty well for this project - MIL is allergic to wool, and my LYS had this in stock, unlike everything else I wanted to substitute.  I like it!  Although, I have to say when combined with Addi Turbo's, it is a disaster.  Back to these wierd plastic needles I got for .25 at Goodwill.

I'm using the SouthWest Trading Co.'s Bamboo as well.  Just got my 3 skeins in today.  what needle size are you using?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What the deuce?
sammyb

Mmm... Bowie...

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 06, 2005 05:53:26 PM »

I'm using the SouthWest Trading Co.'s Bamboo as well.  Just got my 3 skeins in today.  what needle size are you using?

I'm using 8s because that's all I had free that wasn't a 3 or a 15... It's a little tight, but because of the colorway I'm using (Sahara), I really like the way it's turning out.  I may just tack on a repeat or two here and there as I see fit, just depends.  And I'm knitting this one A LOT more loosly than the previous one, why I'm not really sure.  I figured with my frustration, it'd be twice as tight!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every time Olive Oyl flails her noodle-like arms in the air and cries for Popeye's help, a feminist angel gets her wings ripped off her back.  (courtesy of mental_floss.)
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Earrings
How to Refashion Jewelry
Jewelry Care Tips - Cleaning Our Jewelry
Jewelry Care Tips - Assessing the Security of Your Jewelry
Jewelry Care Tips - Sorting Your Jewelry Box
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...