A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,372
Currently Running With Scissors:
529 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Clapotis from Knitty  (Read 259443 times)
Tags for this thread: clapotis  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

starghoti
« Reply #140 on: March 31, 2005 08:51:23 AM »

Here's my clapotis to add to the bunch.

It is made with Noro Silk Garden.  I only had 5 skeins so I cut out one repeat on the width, and somehow had nearly a skein left over!  When I pulled my needles off at the end, I discovered why: i had knit the thing with 6's instead of 8's!  Oh well.  So it's not as wide as I would like, but it came out OK.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
veransia
« Reply #141 on: March 31, 2005 08:59:02 AM »

starghoti - that is just gorgeous, great job!  I'm really tempted to try this pattern...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
acesulfamek
« Reply #142 on: March 31, 2005 09:31:31 AM »

I love how the Norwo stripeyness really accentuates the bias-knitting.  Looks great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LeSophie

mmmmmmmmmm......yarn.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: April 01, 2005 03:18:19 PM »

First of all - I am SO impressed with everyone's work on this fantastic pattern!!!

Second, emling - wow - perfect clap  Smiley Did you have enough handpainted merino yarn with three skeins? Actual pattern size on US8s? I ordered and received beautiful emerald green yarn from them and then read on someone's blog that they had to find a fourth skein to finish!  Handpainted no longer has ANY merino worsted and I am afraid to dive in only to find at the very end that I don't have enough - eek.

Third, while trying to sort out my quagmire, I went ahead and cast on with a great yarn I ordered last Summer from elann.  They don't have it anymore but I think you can scare some up online like maybe at knit-knackers.com.  Here is a link to the colors - Filatura di Crosa/Brilla Print ( http://www.tahkistacycharles.com/Yarns/yarns_detail.asp?CatID=5&ID=44&New=False&pg=10 ) I have color 9552.  It is 58% rayon and 42% cotton and will probably be really good for Spring/Summer.

Here is my weekend progress...

one more increase repeat to go (color is a little lighter in person)! (and unfortunately I need to make a trip to the LYS for some new addi turbos because these are snagging my yarn! blech.)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010 09:57:00 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

visit my new blog at http://lesophie.blogspot.com/ !
knitkatgrrl

Here knitty kitty...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: April 01, 2005 03:56:59 PM »

I ordered yarn!  I bought Shimmer from KnitPicks.  I hope to make two, so I bought 2 skeins of Happy Dance and I can't remember the other color.  Anyways...

I can't wait to get started.  I'd like to get 2 of these done for my mom and mom-in-law for Mom's Day.  They might be a little late, but definitely worth the wait!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you can't beat 'em, knit for 'em.
crabby
Tall, crabby, crafty.

This dog rules

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: April 01, 2005 07:31:19 PM »

I ordered yarn!  I bought Shimmer from KnitPicks.  I hope to make two, so I bought 2 skeins of Happy Dance and I can't remember the other color.  Anyways...

I can't wait to get started.  I'd like to get 2 of these done for my mom and mom-in-law for Mom's Day.  They might be a little late, but definitely worth the wait!
Yay!  Be sure to post progress pics!  I am so curious to see what Happy Dance looks like - it's a colorway that I would order for myself.

I'm still working on "Mlle. Grassy Clap" (KnitPicks' Elegance in Grass - so soft!), and my Mom's "Creme de Le Creme Clap" (synthetic baby yarn b/c of her wool allergy), but I got distracted when some yarn came in for another project.  I miss working on Lady Clap.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

theunblonde

slowest knitter ever.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: April 02, 2005 10:23:42 AM »

Argh!

My Clap is off!  I'm on my  ninth straight repeat, and I was off by one stitch at the drop-- is there any way to prevent this from ruining the rest of the clap?  I definitely don't want to frog it, but I don't want the whole thing to be messed up, either.  Any suggestions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog: knitter.anadequatenovel.com

My LJ: www.livejournal.com/~theunblonde
acesulfamek
« Reply #147 on: April 02, 2005 01:31:28 PM »

Any suggestions?

I might have one, but to be able to explain it, it might help to see a picture of the specific way in which your's is "off".  Can you show us?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

theunblonde

slowest knitter ever.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: April 03, 2005 11:24:33 AM »

I've run out of batteries, however I think it "fixed" itself.  The drop came out with six stitches instead of five; and it ended at the YO.  So, all is well, there's just a little inconsistency that no one's going to notice but me.

Thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog: knitter.anadequatenovel.com

My LJ: www.livejournal.com/~theunblonde
pseudobunny

pseudobunny&co.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: April 05, 2005 05:48:30 PM »

slowly but surely...sorry it is fuzzy...digicam style....hope it shows...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

i read banned books
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cherry Crunch Dessert Recipe
Butterscotch Sandwich Cookies Recipe
Dark Chocolate Wheat Thins Sandwich Recipe
Green Onion and Chipped Beef Dip Recipe
Ritz Cracker Chicken Nuggets Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Veggie Bolognese Sauce
Mountain Views
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...