A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 306,352
Currently Running With Scissors:
601 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Clapotis from Knitty  (Read 246328 times)
Tags for this thread: clapotis  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

starghoti
« Reply #140 on: March 31, 2005 08:51:23 AM »

Here's my clapotis to add to the bunch.

It is made with Noro Silk Garden.  I only had 5 skeins so I cut out one repeat on the width, and somehow had nearly a skein left over!  When I pulled my needles off at the end, I discovered why: i had knit the thing with 6's instead of 8's!  Oh well.  So it's not as wide as I would like, but it came out OK.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
veransia
« Reply #141 on: March 31, 2005 08:59:02 AM »

starghoti - that is just gorgeous, great job!  I'm really tempted to try this pattern...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
acesulfamek
« Reply #142 on: March 31, 2005 09:31:31 AM »

I love how the Norwo stripeyness really accentuates the bias-knitting.  Looks great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LeSophie

mmmmmmmmmm......yarn.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: April 01, 2005 03:18:19 PM »

First of all - I am SO impressed with everyone's work on this fantastic pattern!!!

Second, emling - wow - perfect clap  Smiley Did you have enough handpainted merino yarn with three skeins? Actual pattern size on US8s? I ordered and received beautiful emerald green yarn from them and then read on someone's blog that they had to find a fourth skein to finish!  Handpainted no longer has ANY merino worsted and I am afraid to dive in only to find at the very end that I don't have enough - eek.

Third, while trying to sort out my quagmire, I went ahead and cast on with a great yarn I ordered last Summer from elann.  They don't have it anymore but I think you can scare some up online like maybe at knit-knackers.com.  Here is a link to the colors - Filatura di Crosa/Brilla Print ( http://www.tahkistacycharles.com/Yarns/yarns_detail.asp?CatID=5&ID=44&New=False&pg=10 ) I have color 9552.  It is 58% rayon and 42% cotton and will probably be really good for Spring/Summer.

Here is my weekend progress...

one more increase repeat to go (color is a little lighter in person)! (and unfortunately I need to make a trip to the LYS for some new addi turbos because these are snagging my yarn! blech.)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010 09:57:00 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

visit my new blog at http://lesophie.blogspot.com/ !
knitkatgrrl

Here knitty kitty...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: April 01, 2005 03:56:59 PM »

I ordered yarn!  I bought Shimmer from KnitPicks.  I hope to make two, so I bought 2 skeins of Happy Dance and I can't remember the other color.  Anyways...

I can't wait to get started.  I'd like to get 2 of these done for my mom and mom-in-law for Mom's Day.  They might be a little late, but definitely worth the wait!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you can't beat 'em, knit for 'em.
crabby
Tall, crabby, crafty.

This dog rules

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: April 01, 2005 07:31:19 PM »

I ordered yarn!  I bought Shimmer from KnitPicks.  I hope to make two, so I bought 2 skeins of Happy Dance and I can't remember the other color.  Anyways...

I can't wait to get started.  I'd like to get 2 of these done for my mom and mom-in-law for Mom's Day.  They might be a little late, but definitely worth the wait!
Yay!  Be sure to post progress pics!  I am so curious to see what Happy Dance looks like - it's a colorway that I would order for myself.

I'm still working on "Mlle. Grassy Clap" (KnitPicks' Elegance in Grass - so soft!), and my Mom's "Creme de Le Creme Clap" (synthetic baby yarn b/c of her wool allergy), but I got distracted when some yarn came in for another project.  I miss working on Lady Clap.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

theunblonde

slowest knitter ever.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: April 02, 2005 10:23:42 AM »

Argh!

My Clap is off!  I'm on my  ninth straight repeat, and I was off by one stitch at the drop-- is there any way to prevent this from ruining the rest of the clap?  I definitely don't want to frog it, but I don't want the whole thing to be messed up, either.  Any suggestions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog: knitter.anadequatenovel.com

My LJ: www.livejournal.com/~theunblonde
acesulfamek
« Reply #147 on: April 02, 2005 01:31:28 PM »

Any suggestions?

I might have one, but to be able to explain it, it might help to see a picture of the specific way in which your's is "off".  Can you show us?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

theunblonde

slowest knitter ever.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: April 03, 2005 11:24:33 AM »

I've run out of batteries, however I think it "fixed" itself.  The drop came out with six stitches instead of five; and it ended at the YO.  So, all is well, there's just a little inconsistency that no one's going to notice but me.

Thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog: knitter.anadequatenovel.com

My LJ: www.livejournal.com/~theunblonde
pseudobunny

pseudobunny&co.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: April 05, 2005 05:48:30 PM »

slowly but surely...sorry it is fuzzy...digicam style....hope it shows...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

i read banned books
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Dirty Rice Recipe
Boston Butt Steak Recipe
Rotisserie Style Chicken Recipe
Beef Stroganoff Recipe
Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...