A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,605
Currently Running With Scissors:
565 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Clapotis from Knitty  (Read 238549 times)
Tags for this thread: clapotis  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

legallyblonde
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2005 10:59:57 AM »

Thanks for the compliments on my Clapotis! It's a great pattern, and I can't wait to see everyone else's results.  I do like the length of it.  With the drape of it, I don't think I'd want it really long.

Ace- My LYS has a big bin of Koigu.  Maybe I should stock up and make some money. Smiley

I'll try to take a picture of it on and post it later!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zzjulia
New Knitter Attempts Blog

Woof!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2005 08:54:26 PM »

Here's mine, about 120 yards into it.  Hard to put it down, it's so addictive!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

xntrick
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2005 09:30:48 PM »

My update:  I've done about 13 repeats of the straight section and I've become increasingly worried about how I'll know if I have enough yarn to finish and all that.  As far as I can tell, I have quite a bit more yarn left, since I'm only working with about 71 sts per row. 

So earlier this evening, I took the other end of the yarn and started knitting the increase rows up to 71 sts and measured out another 24 yards or so for one and a half straight section pattern repeat.  I've marked  off that length with a bit of scrap yarn caught in a slip knot and I'm hoping that'll be a good indicator of when I should start the decrease rows. 

I'm totally hoping I don't have to worry about my calculations and that I'll decide the scarf is long enough well before I reach that bit of scrap yarn.  I have 560 yards to play with all together and I'm making it pretty narrow.  I'll probably re-check how much yarn I use per pattern repeat again because I feel so damned paranoid about this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tenrec

*adaptive*radiation*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2005 11:28:33 AM »

I'm going on a business trip today (leave in a few minutes!) and I plan to work on it on the plane.  Hopefully progress when I get back!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alerievay
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2005 03:09:18 PM »

xntrick--That's a great idea!  I'm in a similar situation, since I bought about 600 yards of gorgeous handpainted yarn off ebay, and I'm not sure that I'll have enough to finish, even though I made it narrower than the original pattern.  I think they WAY underestimated the amount of yarn this project takes!

I'm hoping to finish tonight (or tomorrow at the latest)!  It's so addictive!  I'll post pics later, but for now, here's the yarn I'm using:

http://revolution.3-cities.com/~lbmiller/ebay/centaur_choccherries_2-8.JPG

And it's even more beautiful in person!  A merino/silk blend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lizzaboogle
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2005 04:19:27 PM »

These look great! zzjulia- what kind of yarn is that?  It's lovely!  I finished mine a few days ago.  It was such a cool pattern.  I think I'll probably start another one soon...

kinda hard to take a picture of myself wearing it hehe

THIS ROCKS   Logged
xntrick
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2005 05:42:39 PM »

alerievay, that yarn looks delicious!  And I know what you mean about it being addictive.  I'd like to finish mine tonight, but my ball of yarn is still going strong (though finally starting to flatten) and I have to go out later. 

I'm beginning to realize that I didn't have to make this so narrow (about 12 inches wide when it's hanging open) because It's about 6 feet along the longest edge.  On the other hand, it's very very thin so I imagine I can wrap this around my neck twice and still be comfortable.  If it starts getting ridiculously long and that scrap yarn marker still hasn't appeared, then I'll just start the decreases.

And yeah, I did tote the lot into my bathroom and stand in front of the mirror like a dork and tossed the scarf around my neck a few times.  I couldn't resist testing it out.  Cheesy I think I'm in love.

Edited around 1:45 AM to add:  ...finished it.  It's really long.  About seven and a half feet long in fact.   Shocked  I'm too tired to actually take a picture and it needs a bit of blocking anyway (and how I'm going to block something so freakishly long is mystifying me at the moment...any suggestions?).

To bed now.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2005 01:44:13 AM by xntrick » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Horse Power
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2005 06:40:48 AM »

xntrick: Hurray for finishing your Clapotis at 1 in the morning!
lizzaboogle: Glad to see someone else doing a solid color besides me! It turned out great!

I'm enjoying looking at everyone's yarns and projects so much.  Grin

I  love this pattern, but I keep forgetting increases! Last night I got to the end of a row, and had 2 stitches where I should've had 5. Since I had just done the part where you drop a stitch, I couldn't figure out how to frog back, so I just made increases until I got back up to 5. I hope it doesn't affect any dropping action later on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alerievay
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2005 07:57:13 AM »

Thanks, xntrick!  The ebay seller's name is lotusblossom, and her store is Over the Rainbow Yarns.  I've bought a couple of things from her, and it's really beautiful!  She also has amazing customer service!  The post office was being stupid and not delivering the first package of yarn she sent, so she sent more, at no charge!  And told me to keep the first package if it ever arrives (which it hasn't--stupid USPS)! 

I seriously hope to get finished by tomorrow night.  I have two UFOs that need to magically transform into FOs, plus I need to make the Spiderweb Capelet from SnBN for my sister this weekend!  Clapotis has taken over my life!   Smiley  Maybe it really will snow and I can stay home tomorrow!  That would be the best of all worlds, but I doubt it will happen--it never does when you're hoping for it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pseudobunny

pseudobunny&co.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2005 01:55:57 PM »

hey thanks for the advice. i did just get to that first drop and am on the second row and hid it since i was frustrated. i will knit some morre and take a photo and put it up. was this  Angry theni saw this thread Cheesy now i am this!!!!!   Grin   i am so excited to get this done because i am soon to be moving to a  chillier area of town!!!
thanks again....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i read banned books
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 13/19
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 14/19
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 15/19
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 2/19
How to Crochet Little Mary Jane Booties Part 19/19
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...