A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
487 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Clapotis from Knitty  (Read 238375 times)
Tags for this thread: clapotis  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

soozeq
« Reply #1670 on: August 23, 2007 07:56:46 PM »

It wasn't so much bulkier as just clumsier in joining the ends, and the style which is bascially a band with a crown, just don't like them that way. I prefer something like the slouch/beret, and added some increases so the Odessa would be bit larger on the top section.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
itscute
Blimy

I live like a hermit in my own head.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1671 on: August 25, 2007 02:34:27 AM »

Start: June 22, 2007
Finished Officially: Aug 25, 2007
yarn: GeeYouKnit!'s Appliance Superwash sock yarn.
Skeins used: 1 full skein, and partial of a second skein with a lot left over.

tada!! I finally weaved in the ends... somehow weaving the ends in makes this project complete!!!  Even though I've finished knitting it last week.  I took a couple of pictures with it... including me standing in front of the mirror really enjoying my clappy, but i like this one the best.  darn the days when i had people around me to take pictures of my finished projects for me!! 

do you love it? 

I think I'm going to look around for another yarn and start another one... i really like how lightweight this sock yarn one is, and how fluffy it seems. It didn't drop as easily as the first unfinished clapotis that i started, most likely due to it's nature of the first clapotis being a silky soy fiber.  But this sock yarn didn't provide too much issues. 

the main thing i liked about using the sock yarn is the fact that i had very little ends to weave in.  It wasn't until later in the knitting that I found the tip about using a purl stitch instead of stitch markers.  Let me tell you, once you get it around your head about using purl, the knitting just makes you fly by.. I don't know what it is about the stitch marker, but it totally slows you down.

(as i'm the only one it seems having problems problems viewing flickr pictures, should you also have problems viewing flickr pictures, there is the obligatory mention in my blog. let me know if any of those pictures are not the right side up!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1672 on: August 25, 2007 05:08:15 AM »

That is SO PRETTY Shocked I love those light oceany colors. That's currently my favorite clap ever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: August 25, 2007 01:43:37 PM »

I too love those colors! That's gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
casmir

Bobbilicious on ravelry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1674 on: August 25, 2007 05:53:47 PM »

itscute, that is beautiful! Such pretty colors! Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lawral
« Reply #1675 on: September 02, 2007 10:25:59 AM »

i've finally caved and starting knitting one of these. I'm making a scarf width clap (two repeats of the increase section) for my gf's birthday in november. i'm using some no-name mill ends that she picked out at acmoore.

i'm a bit further along than this now and have even dropped a few stitches! but this picture really shows the colors as they are in real life.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jemjerika
« Reply #1676 on: September 04, 2007 06:40:08 AM »

My second Clapotis - a mini-sized one in Sea Silk on US size 6. Shiny, drapey, smelly (in a good way.) About 1/3 of the way there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.oneandonlycrafts.etsy.com - One&Only Yarns on Etsy
trinabrielle
« Reply #1677 on: September 04, 2007 09:27:10 AM »

Jemjerika - I love the colors! Your mini-clap it looking great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Handspun and recycled yarns:
http://TBFibers.etsy.com

Handmade hats, scarves, and other fun accessories:
http://TrinaBrielle.etsy.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/trinabrielle
anakarina
(*

dear skull , art thou shiny?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1678 on: September 10, 2007 07:25:09 PM »

i need your help guys!

so i'm going to make a smaller version of the clapotis, i got 4 balls of noro silk garden lite (136 yards each aprox) .

i don't want it as thin as the scarf mini-clap version (whereas you only do one of the increase sections).

i do want to use up as much as the yarn as possible because i'd like it to be slighly shawl like if possible (be able to wrap around shoulders).

i know that set up and increase sections is equal to the decreasing section. So tell me if this logic is correct or if i should try to do more accurate/specific calculations (i just am bad at math) :

my logic is i use up 1 ball of the noro on the increase rows (or as much of the ball as possible), use 2 balls on the straight section, then use remaining 1 ball on the decreases.

do you think this will work?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy shop! Little knits, ACEOS, & paper goods.

WIST-list
soozeq
« Reply #1679 on: September 10, 2007 08:55:15 PM »

That may work, but it may be more of a square. You can do about 4 or 5 increases (instead of the 7 total), and then measure along the right edge from the CO to your needle. Add a couple inches and that's about how wide it will be. Take it from there....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Thin Mint Macarons
How to Make Salted Caramel Macarons
How to Make Rose Water Macarons
KD101: Chocolate Fondue Recipe
How To Make a Mini King Cake
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...