A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 306,341
Currently Running With Scissors:
631 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Clapotis from Knitty  (Read 274856 times)
Tags for this thread: clapotis  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sherry71
« Reply #1480 on: April 11, 2007 05:23:06 PM »

I've been lurking in this thread (just read more than half of it tonight...) and I'm on board too. I love all the beautiful FOs here that I want to make one of my own.

I'm using Caron SS Shadows (Mardi Grey) with size 7 needles

I am using Caron Simply Soft Shadows in Fuschia Flare.  I think it is turning out really pretty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bixby2
« Reply #1481 on: April 12, 2007 12:11:09 PM »

Here's mine all done!  I did 8 repeats of section 3 on US10.5 needles with a worsted yarn and it came out HUGE!!  I think I might make another  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out the Electric Sheep Fibers!  http://amysbabies.etsy.com

My Blog
http://amysbabies.wordpress.com/
leppardess

my cats walk all over me...

View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: April 12, 2007 01:52:54 PM »

I've been lurking in this thread (just read more than half of it tonight...) and I'm on board too. I love all the beautiful FOs here that I want to make one of my own.

I'm using Caron SS Shadows (Mardi Grey) with size 7 needles

I am using Caron Simply Soft Shadows in Fuschia Flare.  I think it is turning out really pretty.
Kewl... how many skeins are you using for it? I have 5 but I know that I'm going to need more. I figured out yardage and I'm about 100 yards short of what the pattern calls for and I want to make mine bigger   Sad

Bixby2, that's really beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zeeblebee
« Reply #1483 on: April 13, 2007 03:05:15 AM »

I just realised I never posted my finished clap, sorry...

Although I was initially unsure about the colour, I absolutely love it now. The yarn is Baby Alpaca/Silk/Cashmere 70/20/10 and was fantastic to work with. The only trouble I had was when I didn't make my spit splice secure enough and it came undone on me a few rows above. I made it full size, but my needle size was larger than recommended so it drapey and light.

Sorry about the lack of colour accuracy, it is less orange. I used a bit less than 600 yards of DK weight.

Bixby...that is probably one of the most gorgeous clapotis I have seen. The colours are divine.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010 09:24:23 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
trillian

One is never alone with a rubber duck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1484 on: April 13, 2007 05:06:22 AM »

You guys are all much quicker than me, I've only done section 3 four times so far! I'm hoping to get more work done on it once school ends (hopefully I can find a summerjob where I can knit at work!)

I love the colour of your clap, zeeblebee!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

isisfae
New England Yarn Addict

i poke badgers with spoons!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1485 on: April 13, 2007 10:32:24 AM »

bixby2--- i LOVE your yarn choice! very pretty!

trillian-- set a knitting goal for yourself. i finished mine in a week b/c i set a goal of 2 repeats of section 3 per day. and i always met or surpassed that goal.

------

general moan......

i washed my clapotis in my sweater bag in the washer as i always do. but i threw it in the dryer as the yarn label said i could.... it shrank!!!!!!!  Cry
i think i can fix it by blocking it, b/c it looks a lot like it did when it first came off the needles and before i blocked it. will try that tonight.

i am never putting it in the dryer ever again! it's going on the drying rack instead!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. ~Mark Twain
sthomson
« Reply #1486 on: April 13, 2007 12:44:23 PM »

...set a knitting goal for yourself. i finished mine in a week b/c i set a goal of 2 repeats of section 3 per day. and i always met or surpassed that goal.

Me too! My goal is one Section 3 repeat per weekday (except tuesday, which is League night, and friday, which is when my dear fiance begs me to put down the needles and do something else for once!), and two repeats on Sunday. Of course, I've still only done 5 repeats somehow!

Does anyone else find that they've shifted their repeats so that they count from row 9 through to row 8, instead of 1-12? Dropping that stitch and having to ladder it down with a tapestry needle always seems like a nice punctuation to a night of knitting that I don't want to continue on and knit 3 more rows!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1487 on: April 13, 2007 12:47:56 PM »

Does anyone else find that they've shifted their repeats so that they count from row 9 through to row 8, instead of 1-12? Dropping that stitch and having to ladder it down with a tapestry needle always seems like a nice punctuation to a night of knitting that I don't want to continue on and knit 3 more rows!

Definetly Smiley Though I sometimes just knit when I get a chance, and then I might only get half a row done before I'm forced to put it down.. Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."

...oh, if it wasn't clear, I'm rarely completely serious. Smiley
trillian

One is never alone with a rubber duck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1488 on: April 13, 2007 02:29:28 PM »

Yeah, I'll defenetly set a daily/weekly goal for myself otherwise it'll drag on forever.

Here's how far I've gotten(I was a little worried that I wouldn't like the colour, but it's growing on me Cheesy)

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you (and your clap), isisfae!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bixby2
« Reply #1489 on: April 13, 2007 02:33:03 PM »

I love that color! it will be fantastic when finished Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out the Electric Sheep Fibers!  http://amysbabies.etsy.com

My Blog
http://amysbabies.wordpress.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Cork Picture Frame
How to Create a Cake Stand
Ed Donovan Talks About Glass Blowing
Todd Hansen Talks About Glass Blowing
How to Make a Sexy Schoolgirl Halloween Costume
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Cake Stands
February 3, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: 3-D Heart Card

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...