A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,182
Currently Running With Scissors:
475 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Clapotis from Knitty  (Read 239538 times)
Tags for this thread: clapotis  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

neekie

gauge schmauge.

View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: March 28, 2007 08:24:40 AM »

Fortune_32: I bought 3 balls of bamboo and i ended up using 2 and a bit (but on bigger needles).. and after seeing a photo of your project I decided to make a clapotis scarf out of the remainder.  Grin i think the bamboo yarn would make a lovely tanktop!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Fortune_32

Crafty as a fox!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1441 on: March 28, 2007 08:31:23 AM »

I looooooove the drape and sheen the bamboo has! It's silky, but it doesn't catch the same way silk does on my fingers (cuz they're still a little winter-dry & flaky! I guess I need some cuticle cream! Hehe)

I bet a bamboo tank would be great! I just wonder if I'll have enough yardage leftover, after I finish my clap! I've been meaning to make a shrug for a while now, I wonder if I could get away with long sleeves, or if I'll have to settle for short...

ETA: Neekie - I just went back and looked at your clap, it's beautiful! I didn't realize you gave it away, so I was puzzled as to why you'd want another so soon! LOL Silly me! Of course you'd need at LEAST one for yourself! Hahaha!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007 08:40:55 AM by Fortune_32 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fortune_32

Crafty as a fox!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1442 on: March 28, 2007 11:31:23 AM »

So, question for you guys - I'm into the decrease section, and I'm a little confused... The pattern says
Row 8: P1, remove marker, drop next st, let it drop down several rows, pick up top bar with left needle to form a new st (make sure this st isn't twisted), k this and foll st tbl, k3, k tbl, [k1, k tbl, k3, k tbl] to last marker, drop next st and form new st as for previous dropped st, k this st tbl, ssk.
Row 10: P1, k4, k tbl, [k1, k tbl, k3, k tbl] to last marker, remove marker, ssk.
Row 12: P1, k3, k tbl, [k1, k tbl, k3, k tbl] to last marker, k1, k tbl, k3, ssk.

But on row #10 - shouldn't it be

P1, k4, k tbl, [k1, k tbl, k3, k tbl] to last marker, k1, k tbl, k4, ssk.

Huh I don't think I've screwed anything up yet, but I have 8 sts after my last marker after completing row #9. Didn't I just drop 2 markers on row #8??? (I did!) And, the fact that it doesn't mention bringing the bar up & knitting it through the back loop makes me think I might be right. Please help!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aunt carrot

pom-poms make the heart grow fonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1443 on: March 28, 2007 12:31:32 PM »

Row 8: P1, remove marker, drop next st, let it drop down several rows, pick up top bar with left needle to form a new st (make sure this st isn't twisted), k this and foll st tbl, k3, k tbl, [k1, k tbl, k3, k tbl] to last marker, drop next st and form new st as for previous dropped st, k this st tbl, ssk.
Row 10: P1, k4, k tbl, [k1, k tbl, k3, k tbl] to last marker, remove marker, ssk.
Row 12: P1, k3, k tbl, [k1, k tbl, k3, k tbl] to last marker, k1, k tbl, k3, ssk.

But on row #10 - shouldn't it be

P1, k4, k tbl, [k1, k tbl, k3, k tbl] to last marker, k1, k tbl, k4, ssk.

Huh I don't think I've screwed anything up yet, but I have 8 sts after my last marker after completing row #9. Didn't I just drop 2 markers on row #8??? (I did!) And, the fact that it doesn't mention bringing the bar up & knitting it through the back loop makes me think I might be right. Please help!!!

It doesn't say to drop the marker in the bolded part of row 8, just to drop the stitch. You do pick up the bar on row 8 and ktbl, and then after you ssk you would have 2 stitches left after the last marker. All this means is that you have to pretend the marker is there, but you know where it should be--two stitches in from the end.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I didn't and don't want to be a 'feminine' version or a diluted version or a special version or a subsidiary version or an ancillary version or an adapted version of the heroes I admire. I want to be the heroes themselves." --Joanna Russ.
Fortune_32

Crafty as a fox!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1444 on: March 28, 2007 01:15:18 PM »

Aha! Thanks!!! Very much appreciated!

ETA: Here's another progress pic of my bamboo Clapotis!

More details on my blog. Thanks for looking!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007 01:49:02 PM by Fortune_32 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Amethyst
« Reply #1445 on: March 28, 2007 03:41:20 PM »

Shocked I love that bamboo clapotis.

I swore I'd never make another one, even though I love mine, but if I could have that yarn... I might have to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meriellyn
« Reply #1446 on: March 28, 2007 04:43:57 PM »

I finally CO for the Clapotis a couple days ago & I am getting ready to start my straight rows.  I didn't use a wool blend as in Colorado in the Denver area, I don't really need wool year round.  Also, I am pretty sensitive to some wools.  Even some wools that have felt extremely soft to me in the skein have felt itchy to me after knitting up.  So, I am using (I know someone is going to scream here) Caron Simply Soft Shadows in the color called Fuschia Flare.  It is 100% acrylic but is so soft.  It is a pretty fuschia color with shadows here & there of a purple/blue tint. 

I'm sure no one would scream. Simply Soft is held in pretty high regard around here. If you go back a good chunk of pages you'll find my first clap which was a mini version in the green Simply Soft Shadows. Many people have made theirs out of Simply Soft as well. I've seen grey, blue, and hot pink so far and heard of many more.
I just bought a bunch of SSS on sale at ACMoore for two more claps. I'm making a big one in Mardi Gray and another mini one for my dad in the black/brown/cream-ish colorway.
I've made one out of SWS and I'm working on a Malabrigo one but the SSS one is my all time favorite knitted item. The Malabrigo is going to be divine but not as versitile as my current or future SSS versions.

I might scream about fuschia though. Wink (just kidding!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1447 on: March 28, 2007 04:51:18 PM »

Shocked gorgeous bamboo clap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
neekie

gauge schmauge.

View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: March 29, 2007 06:30:36 PM »

Fortune_32 that is beautiful! Shocked love the subtle colours (: (and I gave the clapotis I knit to my mom.. the only person who deserves it!) after all the time it took me I swore I'd never knit another clapotis but you guys have broken me down.. hehehe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Fortune_32

Crafty as a fox!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1449 on: April 02, 2007 02:28:39 PM »

Squeeee! It's finished!!! And, if you can't tell, I'm super pleased with my newly finished object! I wish I didn't have to go to passover tonight (@ my in-laws!) so I could stay home and post pics! LOL Is that bad? I will be snapping pics & posting them tomorrow, though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make the Perfect Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich
How to Cook Tuna Lasagne
How to Prepare Manhattan Brunch
How to Make the Perfect Hot Dogs
How to Make a Cowboy Style Burger
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...