A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,614
Currently Running With Scissors:
453 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Clapotis from Knitty  (Read 238731 times)
Tags for this thread: clapotis  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

meriellyn
« Reply #1420 on: March 18, 2007 08:56:07 AM »

Your shrug is cute. I've pinned my mini-clap to wear it that way too.  Works quite well, doesn't it? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fortune_32

Crafty as a fox!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1421 on: March 18, 2007 11:13:10 AM »

I've been lurking too, but I finally cast on for this last night! I'm using SWTC Bamboo in Intensity, on sz 6's. I noticed that some people here were using sz 7's with bamboo, but when I swatched for it I liked the 6's better.  I'm working my way through the increase section, and I can't wait to drop a stitch on purpose! LOL I love that shrug Tajhia!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

trillian

One is never alone with a rubber duck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1422 on: March 18, 2007 11:50:13 AM »

It looks nice so far. Smiley

I don't have stitch markers either, I used small hair elastics, the kind that are meant to secure the ends of braided hair.

I'm going to have to get some of those, I've run out of jewellery and am using bits blue of some blue ribbon.

I finished one from sock yarn recently too - I just did it scarf sized though and then realised that I didn't need another scarf so I partially seamed the long ends part way along and turned it into a shrug........

It looks great, the colours are fabulous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knittyknitter

Help!!! There are UFO's everywhere in my room!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1423 on: March 19, 2007 06:58:04 PM »

wow- neat idea! This pattern makes me wanna make a big blanket out of it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting Blogger, designer, piano teacher, music composer, singer & mother to 3yr old twins!
>>Blog: www.knitting-up-a-storm.blogspot.com 
>>Ravelry ID: Knittyknitter
>>Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/652480628149920/#
>>KUAS Podcasts: http://www.youtube.com/user/knittingupastorm
BoredOutOfMyMind
« Reply #1424 on: March 20, 2007 10:39:05 AM »

This is my Clapotis:

and the close-up (I'm using both markers - made by me - and the purling method):

I've made progress since the picture, and have dropped 2 stitches  Grin. But now I have to begin on a new ball of yarn and I hate joining yarn, so I'm kinda doing everything else at the moment. The yarn is Garnstudios Silke-Tweed.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010 10:01:16 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Murphy's Law - All that can go wrong, will go wrong
bridgetbegins
« Reply #1425 on: March 20, 2007 02:34:34 PM »

Wow, am I glad those are purl stitches-because the difference between my knit and kbl is not that defined- I might do that for my next scarf, because my fabric is getting all twisted and gucky. I did a whole bunch of knitting without stitch markings and I oopsed a little bit- there are a few channels that aren't five stitches across- some are four(there's one three) and a six. 

Oh well. I think it's pretty. Pictures later, once it's been blocked.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

At least you'll never be a vegetable- Even artichokes have hearts.
sherry71
« Reply #1426 on: March 20, 2007 02:53:22 PM »

I finally CO for the Clapotis a couple days ago & I am getting ready to start my straight rows.  I didn't use a wool blend as in Colorado in the Denver area, I don't really need wool year round.  Also, I am pretty sensitive to some wools.  Even some wools that have felt extremely soft to me in the skein have felt itchy to me after knitting up.  So, I am using (I know someone is going to scream here) Caron Simply Soft Shadows in the color called Fuschia Flare.  It is 100% acrylic but is so soft.  It is a pretty fuschia color with shadows here & there of a purple/blue tint. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tajhia
« Reply #1427 on: March 20, 2007 03:35:00 PM »

. I did a whole bunch of knitting without stitch markings and I oopsed a little bit- there are a few channels that aren't five stitches across- some are four(there's one three) and a six. 

the one I did with sock yarn was the same - a couple of the channels ended up bigger than the othe4rs......  it doesn't really matter though cos it is still pretty and isn't really all that noticeable unless there is someone anal enough to sit counting stitches while you are wearing the item......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

soozeq
« Reply #1428 on: March 20, 2007 08:29:48 PM »

I'll bet you there've been just as many SS clapotis made as wool blends. Wink  I've made one in the Shadows and 4 in regular SS, and only  one in alpaca silk.

sue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
Fortune_32

Crafty as a fox!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1429 on: March 21, 2007 03:41:14 PM »

Here's my work-in-progress Clap! SWTC Bamboo yarn on size 6's (color is Intensity.) It's sooooooo soft! I love it!

I've been enjoying looking at all the Claps here, but it's so exciting to jump in & join the fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tough Enough Book Trailer
What Will You Do in Your First Ballet Class
Deirdre Imus Talks About The Essential Green You
Christopher Rice Talks About the Moonlit Earth
Pete Cerqua Talks About the 90-Second Fitness Solution
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...