A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 300,934
Currently Running With Scissors:
646 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Clapotis from Knitty  (Read 246562 times)
Tags for this thread: clapotis  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

zeeblebee
« Reply #1360 on: February 24, 2007 03:58:20 PM »

Please excuse the genuinely awful picture, but I felt as though I should update...

I cut one of the increase repeats, as I was getting close to finished measurements with 5. I'm thinking that with the dropped stitches it will turn at slightly bigger, which is a bit ironic as I was initally thinking smaller Smiley.

I find that just as I am getting bored it is nearly time to drop a stitch, and it is really satisfying to go down the ladder, giving the stitches a helping hand.

How are other people going on progress and yarn decisions?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010 09:26:52 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Amethyst
« Reply #1361 on: February 24, 2007 04:10:23 PM »

Looks good so far. Smiley

I really looked forward to dropping the stitch, too. It was the highlight of the pattern repeat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bridgetbegins
« Reply #1362 on: February 24, 2007 07:38:39 PM »

Plus, there's always the benefit of telling your home ec. teacher that you're dropping stitches on purpose.

Well, I find it satisfying.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

At least you'll never be a vegetable- Even artichokes have hearts.
snacker
« Reply #1363 on: February 25, 2007 01:41:17 PM »

I am needing support thru these straight rows...ug...my momma's present for my birthday.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40735757@N00/402495778/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now have a snack!  Snack on!

etsy

flickr

wists
neekie

gauge schmauge.

View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: February 25, 2007 03:38:58 PM »

snacker- that's really really sweet of you  Smiley i knit my mom a clapotis too, if it wasn't gonna be a present i think i'd have given up during the straight rows. *waves pompoms* forge ahead! it's looking really good  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aunt carrot

pom-poms make the heart grow fonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1365 on: February 25, 2007 05:01:49 PM »

Aw, that is really sweet, snacker! I think the clap is great TV knitting--maybe you should go rent like five movies and just power through it. (It looks like you're about halfway through the straight section already, so you may only need, like, four movies.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I didn't and don't want to be a 'feminine' version or a diluted version or a special version or a subsidiary version or an ancillary version or an adapted version of the heroes I admire. I want to be the heroes themselves." --Joanna Russ.
snacker
« Reply #1366 on: February 25, 2007 07:07:25 PM »

Awww...thanks for the support.  I have been running flickr on slideshow and knitting while watching.  Truly, this was not on my project list but keeping tabs on this thread has inspired me!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now have a snack!  Snack on!

etsy

flickr

wists
isisfae
New England Yarn Addict

i poke badgers with spoons!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1367 on: February 26, 2007 07:59:20 AM »

snacker-- what a great idea! and it's so pretty!

----

general question:

b/c this thread's so long it's easier to ask than look through the posts...

has anyone made one out of cotton???
i'm planning on making one out of some worsted weight dishcloth cotton i have in my stash. and would like to know if it's just as easy to make in cotton as it was for me to make out of an acrylic/wool blend. i have a feeling it'll have a lot more drape w/o blocking (i had to block my first one, it was a giant lump)

thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. ~Mark Twain
soozeq
« Reply #1368 on: February 26, 2007 08:51:53 AM »

I believe there have been cotton ones made, but maybe cotton blends. The dishcloth cotton will be pretty heavy if you're making a full size. I'd suggest lion's Cotton Ease or another cotton/acrylic blend. You can search only this thread by putting `cotton' into the search field and choosing `Just this topic' and see what posts you come up with.

sue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
isisfae
New England Yarn Addict

i poke badgers with spoons!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1369 on: February 26, 2007 09:57:28 AM »

I believe there have been cotton ones made, but maybe cotton blends. The dishcloth cotton will be pretty heavy if you're making a full size. I'd suggest lion's Cotton Ease or another cotton/acrylic blend. You can search only this thread by putting `cotton' into the search field and choosing `Just this topic' and see what posts you come up with.

sue

TLC makes a good cotton blend that's light and shiny... i like it a bit better than cotton-ease. but i really like the color i have (seafoam green/white/powder blue). i keep seeing it in my head. hmmm  i don't think it'll be too heavy b/c i've crocheted shawls out of the stuff before. hmmmm

thanks for the search tip... didn't know i could run a search in just this thread! i'll check it out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. ~Mark Twain
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Cross Cable Pattern Part 1/4
How to Crochet a Christmas Wreath Part 3/8
How to Crochet a Christmas Wreath Part 1/8
How to Crochet a Christmas Wreath Part 5/8
How to Crochet a Christmas Wreath Part 6/8
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...