A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,718
Currently Running With Scissors:
725 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Clapotis from Knitty  (Read 238850 times)
Tags for this thread: clapotis  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Amethyst
« Reply #1320 on: February 16, 2007 05:54:57 PM »

Exactly, the dropped stitches let in the freezing, below 0 farenheit air (that usually includes wind) that we're getting here. I need to wear something that doesn't expose any of my skin/head.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zeeblebee
« Reply #1321 on: February 16, 2007 08:04:15 PM »

I've been keeping an eager eye on all the knockout clapotis you guys are producing, and as my LYS was having a sale I picked up enough (I hope) for one of my own. Hopefully it won't be too warm for Sydney- do people find theirs warm?

I bought 6 skeins of Eki Riva Babysilk Cashmere in Desert Sand , which gives me 600m of DK weight to play with. When I get going (hopefully on Monday) I will see how much I can get from it.

I wish I could pay that much/ skein as they have advertised on that site, but I got it half price, along with some Noro Kochoran and a possum/merino blend  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
neekie

gauge schmauge.

View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: February 16, 2007 11:22:30 PM »

I made my clapotis in a DK weight yarn, it'll make it thinner so it won't be as warm.. also it's warmer as a scarf than as a shawl obviously. Smiley so it depends how you use it as well..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zeeblebee
« Reply #1323 on: February 17, 2007 04:09:57 PM »

Thanks Neekie, I was admiring your clap (Smiley) and the colours seem very beachy to me. If you don't mind me asking, do you live on the coast?

I think I am going to have to move forward my starting time, I have itchy hands.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
neekie

gauge schmauge.

View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: February 17, 2007 07:03:58 PM »

zeeblebee - i'm down in melbourne  Smiley and sadly the clap wasn't for me, it was a present.. i do have remainder yarn i can make into a clappie scarf though. i like having colourful accessories in winter - it makes it far less dreary  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KatAutumn
Knitty Hippie

Princess of Mod Podge

View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: February 17, 2007 09:04:39 PM »

Thanks for the links to the patterns for the matching hat and handwarmers.  I like the hat, but I'm thinking I'll stick with my plan to do Knitty's "Fetching" for handwarmers.  I've already finished one in the same yarn I knit my Clapotis with.  Very warm...and bright LOL  I needed something to practice cables on.  I've never done cables until I started this project.  It came out beautifully.  Can't wait to finish the other one.  Then I'll be matching.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Artsy Fartsy LJ:
The Krafting Kat
Amethyst
« Reply #1326 on: February 18, 2007 11:07:09 AM »

Here's the hat I made, and a picture of the clapotis.

The hat's a little big, I'm not sure what to do about it yet. It's made of acrylic yarn. It doesn't look bad, I'd just like it to be a tighter fit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1327 on: February 18, 2007 11:10:03 AM »

What if you picked up stitches or used crochet to add a tigher band, so that instead of fitting like a beanie, it would fit a little floppy, like a beret or the mary jane pithy hat?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Amethyst
« Reply #1328 on: February 18, 2007 03:30:04 PM »

What if you picked up stitches or used crochet to add a tigher band, so that instead of fitting like a beanie, it would fit a little floppy, like a beret or the mary jane pithy hat?

That COULD work... it's a little long, too, but if I had a tight band and let the loose part flop over, it wouldn't be bad. I'll give that a try. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zeeblebee
« Reply #1329 on: February 18, 2007 10:55:16 PM »

Amethyst, I love the hat! Apart from the fit, how does it look on?

I have just finished my second repeat of the increase rows of my Clapotis, and while the colour is warmer than is shown in the pic, I am thinking that it is a bit bland for a full size one. So, I think I will do the 6 next rows and then move onto the straight rows, or else do one full row more.

If I make another, full sized, it will definately be more vibrant.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010 09:55:30 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tips for Coloring Hair from Dark to Light
How to Create a Massive Kelly Osbourne Top Knot
How to Get An Updated Modern Ponytail
Top 4 Best Clip in Hair Extensions
Sleek, Elegant Chignons at the Dennis Basso NYFW Fall 2014 Show
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...