A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,566
Currently Running With Scissors:
501 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Clapotis from Knitty  (Read 238413 times)
Tags for this thread: clapotis  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Amethyst
« Reply #1320 on: February 16, 2007 05:54:57 PM »

Exactly, the dropped stitches let in the freezing, below 0 farenheit air (that usually includes wind) that we're getting here. I need to wear something that doesn't expose any of my skin/head.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zeeblebee
« Reply #1321 on: February 16, 2007 08:04:15 PM »

I've been keeping an eager eye on all the knockout clapotis you guys are producing, and as my LYS was having a sale I picked up enough (I hope) for one of my own. Hopefully it won't be too warm for Sydney- do people find theirs warm?

I bought 6 skeins of Eki Riva Babysilk Cashmere in Desert Sand , which gives me 600m of DK weight to play with. When I get going (hopefully on Monday) I will see how much I can get from it.

I wish I could pay that much/ skein as they have advertised on that site, but I got it half price, along with some Noro Kochoran and a possum/merino blend  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
neekie

gauge schmauge.

View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: February 16, 2007 11:22:30 PM »

I made my clapotis in a DK weight yarn, it'll make it thinner so it won't be as warm.. also it's warmer as a scarf than as a shawl obviously. Smiley so it depends how you use it as well..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zeeblebee
« Reply #1323 on: February 17, 2007 04:09:57 PM »

Thanks Neekie, I was admiring your clap (Smiley) and the colours seem very beachy to me. If you don't mind me asking, do you live on the coast?

I think I am going to have to move forward my starting time, I have itchy hands.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
neekie

gauge schmauge.

View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: February 17, 2007 07:03:58 PM »

zeeblebee - i'm down in melbourne  Smiley and sadly the clap wasn't for me, it was a present.. i do have remainder yarn i can make into a clappie scarf though. i like having colourful accessories in winter - it makes it far less dreary  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KatAutumn
Knitty Hippie

Princess of Mod Podge

View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: February 17, 2007 09:04:39 PM »

Thanks for the links to the patterns for the matching hat and handwarmers.  I like the hat, but I'm thinking I'll stick with my plan to do Knitty's "Fetching" for handwarmers.  I've already finished one in the same yarn I knit my Clapotis with.  Very warm...and bright LOL  I needed something to practice cables on.  I've never done cables until I started this project.  It came out beautifully.  Can't wait to finish the other one.  Then I'll be matching.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Artsy Fartsy LJ:
The Krafting Kat
Amethyst
« Reply #1326 on: February 18, 2007 11:07:09 AM »

Here's the hat I made, and a picture of the clapotis.

The hat's a little big, I'm not sure what to do about it yet. It's made of acrylic yarn. It doesn't look bad, I'd just like it to be a tighter fit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1327 on: February 18, 2007 11:10:03 AM »

What if you picked up stitches or used crochet to add a tigher band, so that instead of fitting like a beanie, it would fit a little floppy, like a beret or the mary jane pithy hat?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Amethyst
« Reply #1328 on: February 18, 2007 03:30:04 PM »

What if you picked up stitches or used crochet to add a tigher band, so that instead of fitting like a beanie, it would fit a little floppy, like a beret or the mary jane pithy hat?

That COULD work... it's a little long, too, but if I had a tight band and let the loose part flop over, it wouldn't be bad. I'll give that a try. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zeeblebee
« Reply #1329 on: February 18, 2007 10:55:16 PM »

Amethyst, I love the hat! Apart from the fit, how does it look on?

I have just finished my second repeat of the increase rows of my Clapotis, and while the colour is warmer than is shown in the pic, I am thinking that it is a bit bland for a full size one. So, I think I will do the 6 next rows and then move onto the straight rows, or else do one full row more.

If I make another, full sized, it will definately be more vibrant.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010 09:55:30 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cannes Festival 2013: Best and Worst Dressed
Style Evolution: Mila Kunis
Hottest Shoes For The Fall Season
Starshell Discusses Debut, Working With Mary J. Blige & Clothing Line
5 Fall Looks From Macy’s Glamorama Show
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...