A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,593
Currently Running With Scissors:
785 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Clapotis from Knitty  (Read 238516 times)
Tags for this thread: clapotis  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MissLulu
« Reply #920 on: November 19, 2006 01:59:47 PM »

Just couldn't resist starting with the SeaSilk yarn I got for my birthday!
Size 4 (US) needles.  Wish me luck --

can't wait to see how the seasilk turns out - how many skeins are you planning on using?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #921 on: November 19, 2006 02:23:10 PM »

flash vs no flash

Almost done with the increase! Cheesy I gotta say I love working with Debbie Bliss Maya, even though it's demanding I go to metal needles instead of wooden (it gets stuck because I knit too tightly)
And about done with my first skein... I have no idea how much yarn the rest of the project demands. Do you think a total of four skeins is enough if the increase bit takes one skein?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
kitschy-kitchen
finishes last

knits with elves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #922 on: November 19, 2006 03:27:06 PM »

i just finished my 5th repeat of the straight sections, and am about to start my 3rd ball of silk garden lite:

this knits up pretty quickly, although dropping stitches all the way down with this yarn is a bit of a struggle.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

meriellyn
« Reply #923 on: November 19, 2006 04:05:13 PM »

Almost done with the increase! Cheesy I gotta say I love working with Debbie Bliss Maya, even though it's demanding I go to metal needles instead of wooden (it gets stuck because I knit too tightly)
And about done with my first skein... I have no idea how much yarn the rest of the project demands. Do you think a total of four skeins is enough if the increase bit takes one skein?

You can work straight repeats through the second and third balls and the fourth should cover the decrease section, if the first one covered the increase section.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PimpernelSmith
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm sooo over due to get over an ocean...*waves at far away places*

Jack of all Crafts -- Master of None

View Profile
« Reply #924 on: November 19, 2006 05:43:29 PM »

Just couldn't resist starting with the SeaSilk yarn I got for my birthday!
Size 4 (US) needles.  Wish me luck --

can't wait to see how the seasilk turns out - how many skeins are you planning on using?

I'm working on the theory that, providing I choose the right needle size, 600m of a yarn should (fingers crossed) do the trick of completing the pattern; the overall size of the clap itself correlating to the weight of the yarn...So 2 skeins of seasilk in the hope of getting a nice, scarf-sized clapotis.  It does give me an extra 200m, so I may get to add some repetitions.

I'm hoping I might end up with a scarf wide enough to use as head covering...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.Dave Barry
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #925 on: November 20, 2006 02:34:51 AM »

You can work straight repeats through the second and third balls and the fourth should cover the decrease section, if the first one covered the increase section.

Oh, cool, I didn't think of that Smiley Thank you
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Red Alibi

Change IS a Sound

View Profile WWW
« Reply #926 on: November 20, 2006 09:06:10 AM »

How long did you guys make your clapotis btw? (or how long are you going to make it?)

Mine at the moment is 65 inches but it doesn't wrap nicely yet.. so I guess I'm making it a bit longer..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meriellyn
« Reply #927 on: November 20, 2006 11:00:55 AM »

I forgot to mention that I finished my mini-clap (the simply soft shadows one) Thursday night!
It's about 14" wide (stretched out) and probably about 90" long (corner to corner). I wanted it to hang down pretty far when wrapped all the way around.
I haven't worn it yet but I'm washing it today so I'll be wearing it sometime this week. I'll have to get someone to take a picture for me. Otherwise I'll have to take on of just the scarf and that wouldn't really show much about it.

My FearlessFibers Clap is coming along nicely. I'm most of the way through the regular increases, then I'm going to do a few more becuase 1) I'm using sock yarn & 2) I'm going for a shawl this time. I'm not going to make this one as long as the SSS one but it will be much wider.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

donnac368

Love knitting, quilting, cooking and gardening

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #928 on: November 21, 2006 06:23:02 AM »

In regards to the Silk Garden, I used it and there were times I was afraid I might even break the yarn getting the stitches to drop.  On the other hand, I never had to worry about the ensuing damage of a mistakenly dropped stitch!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gotta go knit...
donnac368
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #929 on: November 22, 2006 06:45:49 PM »

Showing up with my n00b knitting questions again, but... I need confirmation in dechifering at the moment.
"k this and foll st tbl", does that mean.. knit the two together through the back loop? I.e. the picked up bar and the following, knitted together tbl.
Sorry if I'm asking too much, I'm really not an experienced knitter  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style a Front Slit Skirt
How to Wear a Bright Skirt
How To Rock Zahara Jolie-Pitt’s Spring/Summer Look On A Budget
The Hottest Styles for Kids This Spring
Fostering Your Child’s Inner Fashionista on a Budget
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...