A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,122
Currently Running With Scissors:
445 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Clapotis from Knitty  (Read 251448 times)
Tags for this thread: clapotis  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

soozeq
« Reply #860 on: October 24, 2006 06:46:49 PM »

I'm working on a mini-clap in Caron Simply Soft Shadows. Here's a shot of that one:
It's only a tiny swatch at the moment so no pictures of that one yet. Soon though!

That's prettier than the one I made in the Autumn red shade for my not stepdaughter. But she likes red. I was looking at the green or blue though.... Like I need another.  Shocked

sue
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006 06:50:36 PM by soozeq » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
PrincessAmanda
« Reply #861 on: October 24, 2006 07:39:45 PM »

thank you SO much, pimpernelsmith. that illustration actually really helped. i'm completely self-taught, so ive learned in a vaacum. sometimes there are intricacies that googling doesnt quite cover.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OTSS! OTSS! ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE!
meriellyn
« Reply #862 on: October 25, 2006 11:36:55 AM »

Thanks y'all! Smiley I'm loving the SSS but I think the mini-clap my be out to get me because of the FF swatch. (the story on that is in my blog)

I'm not a big acrylic fan but I saw this stuff at ACMoore and had to get it. Simply Soft is exempt from my feelings on acrylic in general. I'm not really a yarn snob but I try to buy the best I can afford and what's best for the project. With options like KnitPicks, Elann, and Fearless Fibers (and some sale shopping thrown in) I can usually find an affordable alternative to acrylic. If I have to go acrylic for budget or project needs (like my crocheted afghan), it's SS all the way. It also great practice yarn.

The colorway is "Dark Moss." It's really lovely but I can't find a picture online that does it any sort of justice. The one on the Caron site just looks pukey. Tongue The green is not olive like that at all. The accent stripe colors really shine againt the background and the whole thing has that Simply Soft sheen. I'm a big fan of sheen. Smiley

My local WalMart sucks so I've never seen the SS Shadows there. Like I said, I came across it at ACMoore so I'd say you have a better chance there or Michaels and such. I've never been to a Hobby Lobby so I can't say one way or the other there.

I just posted some (rather crappy) progress shots on both Claps in my blog. You can see the full length and width of the mini-clap there but the color is dreadful.

Me-Shell - Both of those are really lovely! I particularly like the first one.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006 11:45:33 AM by meriellyn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

thebagfairy
« Reply #863 on: October 25, 2006 07:41:47 PM »

Here's my clappy so far:

Less than half of a hank of Schaefer Ann (Kermie colorway) has got me through half of the straight-row repeats, but on size 4 needles and heavy laceweight/ light fingering weight yarn, I can't knit it as fast as a worsted weight project (all those teensy delicate stitches!).

I'm sticking to the pattern and it's only about 14" wide, so it'll be a luxe-sized scarf.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006 04:28:29 PM by thebagfairy » THIS ROCKS   Logged
soozeq
« Reply #864 on: October 25, 2006 07:51:29 PM »

Yes, Hobby Lobby carries SS Shadows, though it's priced a little higher  than at Michael's.

sue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
Me-Shell
« Reply #865 on: October 26, 2006 05:58:57 AM »

thebagfairy - it's so beautiful, though!  i love those colors.

meriellyn -  thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's some bad hat, Harry."

you're goddamn right i made a blog. -  http://knit-me-shell-knit.blogspot.com/
meriellyn
« Reply #866 on: October 26, 2006 08:41:18 AM »

thebagfairy - Wow! You're able to get fabric that dense with laceweight on US4's?? As a relatively loose knitter, I'm amazed. I swatched my fingering weight on 5's and you could fit an elephant between those sloppy stitches. ;P Went down to 3's and it's much better but still looser than yours appears in the picture. 
Yours is really pretty! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thebagfairy
« Reply #867 on: October 26, 2006 04:27:01 PM »

Me-Shell, Meriellyn- thank you for the compliments:)

to clarify - Schaefer Ann is more of a heavy laceweight/light fingering weight. definitely the thinnest stuff I've ever worked wtih:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Amethyst
« Reply #868 on: October 28, 2006 10:08:32 AM »

This is the biggest knitting project that I've done so far. I love how it turned out; the yarn has a nice shimmer to it that you can't really see in the picture (I must have taken a dozen pictures before I was content with that one). Unblocked, since I like the curl.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meriellyn
« Reply #869 on: October 28, 2006 10:33:34 AM »

That's nice Smiley
I really like the solid, neutral color. I'd love to have a dark blue or black one. I know I'd never finish it though.
Too easily distractable... I need color changes to keep me interested. Lol
Very nice though. I'm sure that'll get a ton of use!

This is my largest knitting project as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top 4 Best Clip in Hair Extensions
Sleek, Elegant Chignons at the Dennis Basso NYFW Fall 2014 Show
The Trick to Getting Rocker-Chic Waves
How to Create Slicked Back Red Carpet Hair
How to Make Dry Shampoo for Light Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Creating a Travel Journal
Eggs? Eggzactly!
Meatless Monday: Kale Yeah!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...