A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,155
Currently Running With Scissors:
585 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Clapotis from Knitty  (Read 239492 times)
Tags for this thread: clapotis  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pharmgirl147
« Reply #550 on: April 30, 2006 11:34:19 AM »

oh god, seeing people's finished clapotiseseseses makes me realize how much further i still have to go...

Hee! I know exactly how you feel!

I wasn't very happy with how the colour way looked when I finished up the increases section... it kind of looked like a bag of candy puked on it, but once I started dropping stitches it looks much better.  I should have some time now (well, once I finish unpacking and looking for a jorb, etc) so I should be able to start whipping out rows as fast as superman (I wish)

To all who have finished: Super great jobs!  I love the colours and how it looks done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 swaps and will do personal ones!
Blogification: http://pharmgirl147.blogspot.com/
Clauw
Resident Creature Of The Night...

Dutch and proud :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #551 on: May 07, 2006 04:38:31 PM »

For my first post here I finally took a picture of my work in progress, my first Clapotis.
It's coming out so nicely that I already started another one on even chunkier needles and with chunkier yarn *grins* I believe I've been bitten by the bug...

I keep fearing that I will run out of yarn for this one as I only got 4 skeins of http://gallery.bcentral.com/GID4728469P4821929-Knitting/Knitting-Yarn/Gedifra-Yarn/Gedifra-Yarn-Fashion-Trend-Stripe/Gedifra-Yarn-Fashion-Trend-Stripe-4633.aspx that yarn (the shop didn't have any more) and the one on the picture is my last one... Keep your fingers crossed for me...

Love,
Claudia.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RepoRebo
« Reply #552 on: May 10, 2006 09:00:46 AM »

I finished mine last night!

I'm sooo glad I splurged and bought the Lion and Lamb! (Colorway is Sandridge.) It was worth every penny. Soft and supple, I'm wearing it now at the office to combat the A/C!

But man, are the yarn requirements off or what?! I only did ten repeats of the straight section, rather than thirteen, and still had to double-decrease on each edge towards the last corner in order to have enough yarn. I don't think my gauge is off, if anything it's a bit smaller than 19 stitches per inch--more like 17.5 or 18. But then again, I did measure over the pattern (before dropping stitches) so maybe the twisted stitches disguised the fact that the gauge was off? Beats me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Roe
« Reply #553 on: May 10, 2006 10:19:06 AM »

Wow that looks familiar. Nice job. Its gorgeous and I'm not just saying that because I made the same one! Grin

edited to say:

I had to order more yarn to finish mine too. I don't know why I just didn't do what you did. Oh well its done and given to my mother-in-law!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006 10:21:22 AM by Roe » THIS ROCKS   Logged

RepoRebo
« Reply #554 on: May 10, 2006 10:25:29 AM »

Roe, we both just have good taste! I just love these colors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aunt carrot

pom-poms make the heart grow fonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #555 on: May 10, 2006 02:47:41 PM »

Yeah, the yarn requirements are seriously off... I just got to the decrease section and am out of yarn. I don't know whether to order one or two more skeins though... I used Andean Silk from knitpicks. I guess I could always use a matching hat (or headband, mp3 player cozy, whatever) if I order too much. Man, I can't wait to finish!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I didn't and don't want to be a 'feminine' version or a diluted version or a special version or a subsidiary version or an ancillary version or an adapted version of the heroes I admire. I want to be the heroes themselves." --Joanna Russ.
PimpernelSmith
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm sooo over due to get over an ocean...*waves at far away places*

Jack of all Crafts -- Master of None

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 10, 2006 03:58:51 PM »

Did the kind crafster who hoped to do a spread sheet of yarn requirements for all out clapotis get to do it?  I still love the idea of a reference page saying what someone used, and how much it took at what needle and gauge, but I don't think I'm computer-savvy enough to do it well...

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.Dave Barry
aunt carrot

pom-poms make the heart grow fonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #557 on: May 10, 2006 05:04:03 PM »

PimpernelSmith, I joined the Clapotis KAL yahoogroup, but haven't really taken advantage of it yet, so I hear there's a database but don't know exactly what data is in it. I might check that out, since I want to make another clap. (I'm not at home, or I'd give you the link--should be easy to find with google though--sorry!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I didn't and don't want to be a 'feminine' version or a diluted version or a special version or a subsidiary version or an ancillary version or an adapted version of the heroes I admire. I want to be the heroes themselves." --Joanna Russ.
soozeq
« Reply #558 on: May 11, 2006 03:12:32 AM »

PimpernelSmith, I joined the Clapotis KAL yahoogroup, but haven't really taken advantage of it yet, so I hear there's a database but don't know exactly what data is in it. I might check that out, since I want to make another clap. (I'm not at home, or I'd give you the link--should be easy to find with google though--sorry!)

Here's the link - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Clapotisknitalong2005/
The databases have yarn, amount used, needle size and finished size plus any comments. Plus many members have used all sorts of yarn so can help with any questions about yarn requirements as well as about the pattern.

sue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
Kimba2000
« Reply #559 on: May 11, 2006 11:32:03 AM »

Hi all.

I'm running home right now to see if I have enough yarn to start Clapotis. I've been wanting to make this for a very looooooooooong time. Too bad I didn't start it sooner. I'd make a great Mother's Day gift.

There are some beautiful pics on here. You all do nice work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
10 Heinous Trends From the 2000s That Should Never Come Back
How to Remove Wrinkles from Clothing Without an Iron!
Guide to Wearing Your Little Black Dress
The Fit Housewives of Arizona Photo Shoot
How to Wear Faux Leather Trousers and Fur
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...