A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
644 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Clapotis from Knitty  (Read 238713 times)
Tags for this thread: clapotis  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RandomCrafter

I like to Move It, Move It.

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: April 17, 2006 02:59:04 PM »

I'm using Black SS because for some reason I almost own stock in SS LOL. I bought some turquoise and lime green SS to make a diaper bag and that bag kicked my booty so now I have those lying around, I have 2 skeins of Hot Pink, and 2 skeins of 3 oz. lavendar as well.

I didn't know that simply soft came in hot pink!!!!  Shocked  What does the actual label say the color name is?

Are you willing to trade me some SS for some other yarn? You can let me know if you are willing and I will send you a list of my stash!

I love SS and I can't get it in Canada!

Emms   Grin

Watermelon is the actual color...it's one of the simply soft brites....I'm at Walmart alll the freaking time and SS is so cheap here. No I won't trade you but I will pick up some for you. PM me with your address and I can get it to you whenever you're ready! (I say when you're ready because I know we're both doing the Use what you have knit-a-long hehe) I would just give you my watermelon SS but they are actually 2 1/2 skeins because I used them on a hat/scarf set with my kniftyknitter...)

Now that that's taken care of....SOMEONE HELP!!! I got to my first drop stitch and for some reason it's refusing to drop down. I've kinda coaxed it down about 3 bars but it's not going any lower than that. Is there something I can do or will it just work down on it's own?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

soozeq
« Reply #511 on: April 17, 2006 05:15:36 PM »

[quote author=RandomCrafter link=topic=25312.msg855025#msg855025

Now that that's taken care of....SOMEONE HELP!!! I got to my first drop stitch and for some reason it's refusing to drop down. I've kinda coaxed it down about 3 bars but it's not going any lower than that. Is there something I can do or will it just work down on it's own?
[/quote]

Hmmmm, did it go down to the yo stitch at the edge? If not, then maybe you dropped the wrong stitch.

sue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
RandomCrafter

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 17, 2006 05:20:04 PM »

[quote author=RandomCrafter link=topic=25312.msg855025#msg855025

Hmmmm, did it go down to the yo stitch at the edge? If not, then maybe you dropped the wrong stitch.

sue
[/quote]

i'll take a picture of it this evening. I dropped the right stitch as I can follow down where it's supposed to go and it should end up at the yarn over but it's just refusing to go. Like its stuck
THIS ROCKS   Logged

soozeq
« Reply #513 on: April 17, 2006 06:46:57 PM »

[quote author=soozeq link=topic=25312.msg855289#msg855289

i'll take a picture of it this evening. I dropped the right stitch as I can follow down where it's supposed to go and it should end up at the yarn over but it's just refusing to go. Like its stuck

Maybe you crossed it somehow... I'll take a look at the picture.

sue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
RandomCrafter

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: April 17, 2006 09:08:34 PM »

Well just as I was resizing the pics to come post them I decided to try and coax it a little bit and like magic it worked...my stitch didnt want to just fall down the ladder I had to push it down each and every one but it's resting peacefully in that nice little yarn over slot. hehehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RandomCrafter

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: April 17, 2006 09:15:41 PM »

Here is my Clapotis so far. This is about Row 10 or so on the first round of straight stitching

and here is the pic where my stitch was stuck

« Last Edit: March 09, 2010 09:06:40 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

soozeq
« Reply #516 on: April 18, 2006 04:35:32 AM »

Well just as I was resizing the pics to come post them I decided to try and coax it a little bit and like magic it worked...my stitch didnt want to just fall down the ladder I had to push it down each and every one but it's resting peacefully in that nice little yarn over slot. hehehe

They can be stubborn sometimes. I knit several from SS and didn't have a problem dropping stitches, but ya never know...

sue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
tinygoatstacker

Why can't puffins eat pancakes instead?

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 18, 2006 09:40:39 AM »

Hi all! I've been working on a Simply Soft Clapotis in "Papaya." It's a bright, salmon-ish color.  I just started the straight section, so I only have three dropped stitch sections.   My gauge was a bit off (since I never check it beforehand... Smiley ) so my shawl will be HUGE, but I think I'm going to really like it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bumblebees, bumblebees... tiny and small, tiny and small....
RandomCrafter

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: April 18, 2006 09:57:22 AM »

Hi all! I've been working on a Simply Soft Clapotis in "Papaya." It's a bright, salmon-ish color.  I just started the straight section, so I only have three dropped stitch sections.   My gauge was a bit off (since I never check it beforehand... Smiley ) so my shawl will be HUGE, but I think I'm going to really like it. 

ooo thats gonna turn out BEAUTIFUL in that color!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007 09:36:38 PM by Lothruin » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pharmgirl147
« Reply #519 on: April 18, 2006 06:51:11 PM »

Hey all, I hope I'm not too late, but I just got the materials to start a clapotis!  I saw all the ones you guys made, and I just had to try it for myself.

Here's my clapotis in it's infant stage:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 swaps and will do personal ones!
Blogification: http://pharmgirl147.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Simple Text Effect in Photoshop - Tutorial
Text Reflection Effect in Photoshop - Tutorial
How to Use the Rule of Thirds
How to Use Curves in Photoshop
Neon text effect in Photoshop - Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...