A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,579
Currently Running With Scissors:
634 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Clapotis from Knitty  (Read 240184 times)
Tags for this thread: clapotis  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 09, 2006 11:13:02 PM »

Help!

I can't seem to get the pattern right... I end up with too many stitches when I get to the last part. If I "fudge it" I can make it work out right, but I am worried that will burn me in the end...

I am having so much trouble with my second rep of section 2.. I got the first one down perfectly, so I thought repeating it would be a snap! But I always have too many stitches in the last section of the row. Maybe I should have used stitch markers.

Does anyone have any advice for me? I have no idea if I am f'ing this up big time or not.

Here is a pic:

I hope that helps... please help me!!!!

emms  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knit_Dork24

Do you feel crafty? Well, do ya... punk?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #371 on: February 10, 2006 05:25:28 AM »

The best advice I can offer is that you should definately use stitchmarkers. They will allow to do the ktbl's and kfb's without much thought. Also, I would mark off each row as you work them (and also for when you do the repeats). That also helps you get back on track if you phase out or get distracted, at least it did for me.

Sometimes I would get to the section of the row (esp the last one) and it would look like I had too many stitches. But I was just psyching myself out because for some reason my brain thought that I needed two stitches to kfb. (i'm weird sometimes). Also, don't forget to p2tog on the purl/odd rows.

Hope that helps.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blondes here don't jump out of cakes

http://eat-sleep-knit.blogspot.com
booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

I made a hell of a lot of crafts to get here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #372 on: February 10, 2006 05:57:42 AM »

I agree stitch markers are a must for the clapotis.  They really help you keep track of things. 

bonnie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loisgriffinwannabe

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 10, 2006 06:19:30 AM »

Hi y'all, thanks for all the great advice. I actually was able to get back on track all by myself sometime after I left that post. I was actually doing the same thing, thinking I needed 2 sts to do kfb... and making myself crazy in the process  Roll Eyes

After I wrote that last post, I put down my clap, made myself do something different for a while, and picked it up again, and it all made sense- so now I am on the thrid rep of section two- and no problems.

I'm so sorry for being all crazy -the purl instead of st markers is working really well for me now, actually- I am easily able to work the pattern in a relaxing rhythm.

But this pattern would drive you to drink at first I think! Undecided

Emms
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beatnik_chik
Lightly Effervescent

Helpless!

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 10, 2006 07:53:05 AM »

ANOTHER question........I am just full of them today. 

I am on the last row of the third set of increases for section two.  I am having trouble at the beginning of the row b/c I have one extra stitch that I am not sure what to do with.  I have recounted back and the number of stitches I have corresponds with the directions for the previous two rows.  So at the part where I should k3 then ktbl at the first stitch marker.  I have 4 to knit not 3.

What the heck do I do?  Should I do another k2tog right after?  But it might affect the dropping of later stitches.  Am I screwed!!??!!??!?!
Hey Boo... waaaaay back on the thread, I had this same problem.  I just continued as normal with that extra stitch on there, and it worked out JUST FINE.  I actually frogged and re-did it at least six times, and I still had the extra stitch, so I'm SURE that everyone else had the same problem, but just ignored it.  It's looking good so far!

Lois:  Check it out!!  You're in the same boat as two great knittahs (if I can put myself in the same boat as Booglass *falls to the floor*  I"M NOT WORTHY)
Anyway, with that extra stitch, just keep going.  You'll get a GREAT LOOKING clapotis!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<{{{><
And like a downward smoke, the slender stream
Along the cliff to fall and pause and fall did seem.
loisgriffinwannabe

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: February 10, 2006 08:56:50 AM »

Thanks so much for that beatnik_chik... you are so kind to me!  Kiss

I frogged the whole thing a few times because of the extra stitch too. I finally gave up and went with it yesterday. I had to have a glass of wine first tho.  Wink

I am proud to say that my clap is looking good, thanks to all of you and your generous help!!! I can't wait for it to be done!

Emms
THIS ROCKS   Logged

booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

I made a hell of a lot of crafts to get here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #376 on: February 11, 2006 05:01:13 PM »

beatnik chik -  Embarrassed You are too sweet!!!!   This is a project seems so easy then becomes totally intimidating and then suddenly it all clicks and you TOTALLY get it.  I am glad you figured it all out b/c the end product is worth it.

bonnie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artsygal

Come see my yarns!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #377 on: February 12, 2006 04:00:26 PM »

How many of you are knitting this for the Olympics??

I'm doing it in Noro Silk Garden... I bought 8 balls and it looks sooo purty so far. I'm about to drop the 3rd row of stitches.

I can't wait till it's done!
Jas
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Handpaints by Artsygal - a collection of unique and inspired handpainted yarns - is now open for business! Visit www.artsygal.net to see my yarns for yourself!
loisgriffinwannabe

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 12, 2006 04:09:27 PM »

I am restarting mine. It was going well, but I realized I hated the colors of my yarn. More for the stash. Sigh. So now I am going to use something else, but what? I am thinking, thinking, thinking. I want to use something sport/dk weight, that is soft, not too slippery, and will keep me warm in air conditioning, that isn't too expensive, because I want to make the full size pattern.

Any suggestions? Oh, and that bamboo yarn is waaaay outta the question Smiley

Too rich for my blood at the moment. I'll do some hunting and let you know what I find.

Emms
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Roe
« Reply #379 on: February 12, 2006 04:23:43 PM »

How many of you are knitting this for the Olympics??

I'm doing it in Noro Silk Garden... I bought 8 balls and it looks sooo purty so far. I'm about to drop the 3rd row of stitches.

I can't wait till it's done!
Jas

I'm doing this for the knitting olympics with team clapotis http://teamclapotis.blogspot.com/. you can also see my progress, which by the way is not that much, at  http://knithole.blogspot.com/  on my blog.

have fun with it,
Roe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Old-Fashioned Corn Muffins
Rosemary Creme Brulee Recipe
How to Make Chocolate Spread
How to Say "I Love You" With Conversation Heart Cakes
How to Make Square Pear-Cream Tarts
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...