A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,058
Currently Running With Scissors:
588 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Clapotis from Knitty  (Read 239329 times)
Tags for this thread: clapotis  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Horse Power
« Reply #350 on: January 26, 2006 09:24:47 AM »

Grin Baast! Thank you! That looks fabulous!!! Yes, yes, I'm going to try the stripes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spudsayshi
« Reply #351 on: January 26, 2006 05:59:44 PM »

I started clapotis over the weekend, while traveling, and it's grown immensely.  Mine's a mini, I suppose, too, in that I only did four or five repeats of the increase rows.  And I'm not sure how long I'll make it.

I'm using a mohair/silk (maybe wool, too) blend from Brooks Farm, and it's coming out quite pretty.  (Picture on the blog.)   I'm realizing that I particularly like the dropped stitches for this, because I'm having a bit of pooling with the yarn I'm using, but the dropped bits seem to chop that up enough not to matter.  Most excellent.

Also, baast, cute dog!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kimbabwe
« Reply #352 on: January 27, 2006 10:36:35 AM »

I know I'm late in the game on this, but I cast on for my Clapotis last night. I'm using Malabrigo merino (my LYS finally got their delivery of many dozens of skeins of luscious Malabrigo -- I have been waiting so patiently!) in the color Amoroso, which is a gorgeous combo of pinks/reds/fuschias. I'm making the regular size in the original pattern and can hardly wait 'til it's done. I hope I can finish it before winter is over so that I can actually get some use out of it this year.

Thanks for sharing all of your FOs, your problems, your solutions, your Clapotis hopes & fears -- you have all inspired me and I will undoubtedly continue to refer to this board for your suggestions and solutions as my Clapotis takes shape.

Viva le Clap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinfoilvalentine
Lauren!

crafty lady!

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 29, 2006 08:12:32 PM »

started clapotwo a few days ago...

here is a progress picture..not sure how i feel about the colors but its growing on me.
(its actually a lighter more muted colorway than in the picture)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
soapturtle
Turtle Collector

View Profile WWW
« Reply #354 on: January 29, 2006 08:28:29 PM »

HorsePower: No problem, glad to help Smiley  Be warned the edges look really rough.  I think after I block it out really well I am going to crochet a border around it, to cover the rough edge of yarn changes. I know this will hurt the flexibility of the piece a bit, but I think I can deal with that. Smiley

Spudsayshi: Thanks!  She wouldn't get out of the frame for the pic, so I finally gave up. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rhythmgrl
« Reply #355 on: January 30, 2006 04:55:53 AM »

So after making 2 of these for other people in lace weight yarn, I decided to make one for myself using Malabrigo.  Now, granted I used size 11 needles so it would be slightly open, I did only half of the increases and half of the straight sections and the thing was huge.  It grew about a foot after blocking, as well.  I had to rip back and reknit to make it shorter yesterday and then reblock the reknit part.  Such fun.  All in all, I'm happy with the end product.  I'll post a picture later Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cinimonstk

Smokey says NO to Sew Fast So Sleazy!!

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 31, 2006 08:04:45 AM »

So after making 2 of these for other people in lace weight yarn, I decided to make one for myself using Malabrigo.  Now, granted I used size 11 needles so it would be slightly open, I did only half of the increases and half of the straight sections and the thing was huge.  It grew about a foot after blocking, as well.  I had to rip back and reknit to make it shorter yesterday and then reblock the reknit part.  Such fun.  All in all, I'm happy with the end product.  I'll post a picture later Smiley

I would love to see a pic!  I decided I was going to make a laceweight Clap, so I would love to see a pic of one that's done. Maybe once I finish my olympic project I'll start it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BOYCOTT SEW FAST SEW SLEAZY!
http://www.cafepress.com/saynotosfse/
rhythmgrl
« Reply #357 on: January 31, 2006 07:37:38 PM »

cinimonstk - the lace ones I made are posted on page 16 and 20 of this thread.  I haven't taken a picture of the one I made this weekend, but it's much darker and a thicker yarn, so it'll be nice and toasty for our freakin cold office.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Roe
« Reply #358 on: January 31, 2006 11:01:05 PM »

Wow, what a beautifully long thread. I just bought my yarn for this project and am anxiously awaiting for it to arrive. I purchase the required yarn Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb in Icehouse. It was on sale for $25.50 at Little Knits, https://littleknits.com/products.php?cat=182.

I can't wait to get started!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

cinimonstk

Smokey says NO to Sew Fast So Sleazy!!

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 01, 2006 06:02:01 PM »

cinimonstk - the lace ones I made are posted on page 16 and 20 of this thread.  I haven't taken a picture of the one I made this weekend, but it's much darker and a thicker yarn, so it'll be nice and toasty for our freakin cold office.  Smiley
Thanks - I'll check them out. It's been so long since I've been through the thread....I want to start already. MUST. WAIT.

edit: Ok, I looked. They came out just purty!  Did you use one strand or two? I bought two skeins of the same colorway, so I was thinking of double stranding...but I like yours, they are nice and lacy.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006 06:05:40 PM by cinimonstk » THIS ROCKS   Logged

BOYCOTT SEW FAST SEW SLEAZY!
http://www.cafepress.com/saynotosfse/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Behind the Scenes: Gwen Stefani
Victoria Beckham Wins at Wimbledon in a Sexy Slip Dress
Kanye West Designs Denim Collection For French Label
Score a Perfect Look for a Summer Night Out
Fashion Trends: The All-American Varsity Look
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...