A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,514
Currently Running With Scissors:
611 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Clapotis from Knitty  (Read 240094 times)
Tags for this thread: clapotis  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tofuthief
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2005 04:55:47 PM »

It just occurred to me that in the decrease section, all odd-numbered rows start with a knit stitch and all even-numbered rows start with a purl stitch.  So maybe in the increase section, all odd-numbered rows should begin with a knitwise slip stitch and all even-numbered rows should begin with a purlwise slip stitch.  After reading this and this, I don't think it matters as long as you're consistent.

The difference is probably subtle anyway.  I'm just going to start my clapotis!

Also ETA: Horse Power, I love the yarn you've chosen!  That's going to be perfect for spring/summer.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2005 08:15:07 PM by tofuthief » THIS ROCKS   Logged
legallyblonde
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2005 06:26:42 PM »

Wow, the Artyarns silk is amazing!  I love the colors and the look of it.  Horsepower, your white one is really pretty!  I like how lacy it is.

I've been slipping the stitches purlwise, and it looks good.  This is something I've wondered about in patterns from time to time, when it tells you to slip, which way. I usually just slip depending on what I'm doing in that row.

I've been working some more on my Clapotis but not a lot since I've been trying to get my Simply Marilyn sweater done.  It's done so now Clapotis is my next project to try to finish.  I took a better picture of my work so far so the Koigu shows up a little more clearly.  I just went into the living room and found my dog napping on it.  I guess I'm not the only Koigu fan in the family.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2005 06:32:29 PM by legallyblonde » THIS ROCKS   Logged

abinka
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2005 05:33:47 AM »

Man I just want to eat that Clapotis it's so gorgeous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
legallyblonde
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2005 08:33:41 AM »

Man I just want to eat that Clapotis it's so gorgeous.

*protects Clapotis from abinka*

Thanks!  But you can't eat it.  My dog says that if anyone is going to eat it, he is. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

emling
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2005 11:32:00 AM »

After all of the buzz about Malabrigo / Handpaintedyarns.com, I ordered three skeins of their terracotta to join y'all in making my own Clapotis!  I'm so excited (and it only cost me $22.50)!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
abinka
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2005 04:38:43 PM »

As a way-to-get-a-new-awesome-job gift to myself, I'm taking the plunge and buying the artyarns royal silk. I can't wait to get it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tenrec

*adaptive*radiation*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2005 05:56:11 PM »

I think this is my next project (need to finish a sock first)... I already have the yarn to make 2!

First up is a 100% cotton from Artfibers (one of my favorite stores!).  This was from the bargain back room and it's not on the website anymore, but it's called Andes and is a turquoise blue.

I also got the Knitpicks Andean Silk Twist in prairie for my second one Wink

Hopefully this weekend will see the end of my sock, so next week I'll be full steam ahead on Clapotis!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

acesulfamek
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2005 07:59:39 PM »

I am moving so slowly on mine.  So far, I have just finished the increase repeats and am in the last half-set before going to the straight rows. On the other hand, I don't mind drawing it out a little - working with the silk is a real pleasure, and I have grown quite fond of the pattern, changey enough that it's not total zone-out knitting, but without being taxing.  Fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

abinka
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2005 08:23:06 AM »

I haven't seen this yarn in person but some of the cool colorways make me think it'll be good for Clapotis...

http://www.berroco.com/yarns/zodiac.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pseudobunny

pseudobunny&co.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2005 05:05:25 PM »

mang i am BUMMING
i wish all of you called me to tell me you were knitting the same thing as me.....
so i am at the straight part of the recipe and i am very nervous as i am using the recommended yarn and it is alot of work and i AM half way there...but i saw you picture and i am not seeing any of the twisted dropped stitches AT ALL. i am refusing to frog the thing but i am nervous because i want that neat twisted action....
anyone else having this problem?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i read banned books
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Put A Delicious Asian Twist On Chicken Wings!
Stir-Fry 101
How to Make Miso Glazed Rockfish
Easy Beef Noodle Stir Fry Recipe
Asian Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...