A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 299,122
Currently Running With Scissors:
607 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 178
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Clapotis from Knitty  (Read 245835 times)
Tags for this thread: clapotis  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BoredOutOfMyMind
« Reply #1650 on: August 08, 2007 04:50:38 AM »

I'm done! I'm done! Just have to block it, and then I'll post pictures. It has been raining all summer so far, really good shawl-weather, and juuust in time when I finished the heat beginns. It is so soft and great with jeans. *doing a little happy dance*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Murphy's Law - All that can go wrong, will go wrong
CrochetNinja
Meow

My ravelry username is CitrusFruits!

View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: August 08, 2007 12:03:04 PM »

Oooh, the simply soft will be nice! What color is it?
(sorry it took so long for me to reply).  It's a teal-ish color.  I thought I would be able to show a picture of how far that I've gotten, but I haven't gotten very far.
I love everyone's progress, if only I could get that far...   Cheesy  Think I'll make it by August 19th if I'm at the beginning of part 2?  (If I weren't serious I think I would be laughing...)  Good job everyone Grin
edit:  I have been trying to knit this like crazy, but each time I start over it seems there is something new that I'm doing wrong.  It's getting really frustrating, and I think I'm going to have to back out of this KAL.  Sorry guys   Sad.  It is too much of a challenge for now.  I'll love to see how everyone else's turns out. 
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007 07:46:17 PM by CrochetNinja » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist
My  Ravlery username is Citrus fruits!
"Anywhere is walking distance if you have the time"
-Steven Wright
PimpernelSmith
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm sooo over due to get over an ocean...*waves at far away places*

Jack of all Crafts -- Master of None

View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: August 11, 2007 07:13:30 AM »

edit:  I have been trying to knit this like crazy, but each time I start over it seems there is something new that I'm doing wrong.  It's getting really frustrating, and I think I'm going to have to back out of this KAL.  Sorry guys   Sad.  It is too much of a challenge for now.  I'll love to see how everyone else's turns out. 

Don't look at it as 'backing out'. Look at it as an "open-ended sabbatical for adjustment and contemplation."

Seriously, I HATED this thing when I first started it! Frogged it at least 6 times; cast it aside for weeks and months at a stretch.  And even now that I actually have done one and understand the pattern, I still get sick to the death of working on my second. And don't get me started on the different patterns I've filed away indefinatly because they demoralized me!

Cheesy Knitting/Crafts should bring joy -- if a project does not, Ditch It and stand proud!  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.Dave Barry
shewolf
I call her Vera.

The hero of Canton

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1653 on: August 11, 2007 08:43:27 AM »

I love the teal color! I made a hoodie out of it, and it's so pretty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\__/) This is Fat Bunny.
( o.o ) It has taken over, and eaten the unbelievers.
( > < ) Copy Bunny into your signature or be EATEN!

www.rattleheadgames.com - for all your gaming needs!

http://www.wists.com/shewolf I wish, I wish, with all my heart.... Smiley
CrochetNinja
Meow

My ravelry username is CitrusFruits!

View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: August 11, 2007 03:05:38 PM »

Don't look at it as 'backing out'. Look at it as an "open-ended sabbatical for adjustment and contemplation."

Seriously, I HATED this thing when I first started it! Frogged it at least 6 times; cast it aside for weeks and months at a stretch.  And even now that I actually have done one and understand the pattern, I still get sick to the death of working on my second. And don't get me started on the different patterns I've filed away indefinatly because they demoralized me!

Cheesy Knitting/Crafts should bring joy -- if a project does not, Ditch It and stand proud!  Grin

Haha, yes I totally agree.  That's why I'm using the yarn with a crochet version of clapotis (because I can do that much more easily than knitting).  I love the look too much not to make it.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist
My  Ravlery username is Citrus fruits!
"Anywhere is walking distance if you have the time"
-Steven Wright
lasandri
originator of the term "crackster", as in craftster is like crack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1655 on: August 11, 2007 03:14:14 PM »

pimpernelsmith i think i love you for saying those words! i will ditch, and stand proud!

i made a clappy a while back with some gorgeous handspun by angels, handyed by virgins, shipped-from-uruguay, downy-soft merino [read: very nice] and even though i produced a beautiful garment, sometimes i still look at it and cringe.

i'm sorry for being demoralizing, guys, but as beautiful as it is, i just can never make another one of these. i think i would stab myself in the eye with my size 8's. with that said, clapp on!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PimpernelSmith
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm sooo over due to get over an ocean...*waves at far away places*

Jack of all Crafts -- Master of None

View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: August 12, 2007 08:39:00 PM »

Hey There All,

I did a quick cheetsheet of Clapotis tips at
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=189665.0

Basically went through all 167 pages here and did a cut & paste of the most often requested & used advice.

Please check it out and advise me (or Lothruin) of any additions, clarifications or whathaveyou it needs.  (Loth may or may not lock the topic to prevent it converting into a second KAL thread.)

Kiss
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007 08:45:14 PM by PimpernelSmith » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.Dave Barry
itscute
Blimy

I live like a hermit in my own head.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1657 on: August 13, 2007 01:32:32 AM »

that tip sheet of clapotis was real helpful.  I don't have issues with knitting it whatsoever, but I printed out that last bit about making it longer or wider and that stitch marker bit.  Am totally going to put it with the instructions to make it.  Thanks for compiling it!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amyb444
« Reply #1658 on: August 13, 2007 08:01:42 AM »

...went through all 167 pages...

That alone makes you a saint.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007 11:06:42 AM by amyb444 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

shewolf
I call her Vera.

The hero of Canton

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1659 on: August 13, 2007 09:36:13 AM »

...went through all 167 pages...

That alone makes you saint.

Seriously...I got about 50 pages in before my head exploded....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\__/) This is Fat Bunny.
( o.o ) It has taken over, and eaten the unbelievers.
( > < ) Copy Bunny into your signature or be EATEN!

www.rattleheadgames.com - for all your gaming needs!

http://www.wists.com/shewolf I wish, I wish, with all my heart.... Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 178 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Golden Ratio vs. The Rule of Thirds in Photography
Make Double Exposures with Your DSLR
Andy Warhol Exhibit at Queens College
Top Tips for Great Summer Photos
Stunning Timelapse of Milky Way and Northern Lights In USA Skies
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...