A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,189
Currently Running With Scissors:
475 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Side seam moccasins  (Read 9021 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tanna
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2008 01:10:30 AM »

this just rocks in a stone age way haha.your moccasins turned out very beautifull! i love them, and i want to thank you also for giving the website to the pattern because not only the pattern is awesome but i never found a forum like this and i was searching for something like this for a while allready. So it's double nice to see your post Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
mrsflibble

will work for yarn

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2008 04:30:24 AM »

wow, they are cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Roxy1976
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2008 10:00:10 AM »

Wow! They are very Middle Earth, yet trendy at the same time. Let's all start a Crafster Ugg rebellion!

Fabjou, my sewing machine wasn't expensive but it says it can sew leather. I am sure you could do this with soft leather or suede
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pingino Rodrguez

Beaded jewellery, knitted and crocheted items and needlework, some with Latin-inspired themes, some not!

http://www.folksy.com/shops/Roxy
RougeRaven
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2008 10:00:45 AM »

I used a stitch marker to get the holes spaced right and an awl to pierce the leather. If it's thin enough you can use a glovers needle which has a triangular sharpened tip to go through the leather, just remember they are extremely sharp!

Thanks for the tip, I guess I should have just broke down and bought an awl to begin with- it didn't seem too thick, but now I know better. I definitely have my share of battle scars from my leather adventures. (Of the crafty nature of course  Cheesy )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Craft Blog- one 30 day project each month

http://stitchittotheman.wordpress.com/
La Maestra
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2008 12:41:49 PM »

Roxy1976, I second your sewing machine comment.  I sewed these seams on a regular, low-end Pfaff, with a sharp leather needle.  I did stick the needle into a block of wax, first, but the leather was dry enough that I don't think it was necessary.  On the suede itself, it's garment weight, and I used a jeans needle and just sewed.

And then sewed the leather onto a suede coat.  Again, sharp leather needle, and had to play around with the tension on a test piece, first.

The leather cuff in the pictures is about the thickness of a moccasin slipper, maybe even a little thicker. My machine wouldn't work on the sole of a "boot" moccasin, though - the thick, hard leather for the sole of an "outdoor" shoe needs to be hand sewn or professional machine stitched.  I have an awl and stitching pony that I have yet to use - but now I'm motivated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DangitJess
denimology.com

denimology.com

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2008 01:01:24 PM »

Wonderful job
THIS ROCKS   Logged

denimology.com

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.

You haven't had enough coffee until you can thread your machine while it's running!
Bo.K
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2008 03:45:57 PM »

Those are great!! I have been searching high and low for some info on making a pair of these Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Grimnir
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2008 04:15:29 PM »

Those are great!! I have been searching high and low for some info on making a pair of these Cheesy
Thanks Smiley to you and everyone! I know what you mean though, I'v wanted to make a pair of mocs for years, ever since I first got started in leatherwork, and this is the first one I've seen that was fully comprehensible!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wassail!
Grim
juneapostrophe
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2008 03:39:44 PM »

ah ah i want to make some so badly!  beautiful job Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smiley

now selling name book/banners in my new etsy shop--check it out!:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/juneapostrophe

friend me on facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Tucson-AZ/june-apostrophe-by-naomi/138853086141015?ref=ts&__a=4&ajaxpipe=1
Kanhoro

Xander of Wolven-Knit~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2008 04:53:03 PM »

great job. it "rocks!". lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Game
February 17th: The Pocket Symphony
January 17th: Popeye Sets Sail
Marionettes with Geahk Burchill
Cirque Du Soleil Stage Preparation
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...