A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,402
Currently Running With Scissors:
821 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: THE GENERIC GIRLFRIEND THREAD (FOR LESBIANS, BISEXUALS AND MALES)  (Read 13183 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kayakismet
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2009 01:51:10 PM »

I was in my local library today and it wouldnt let me look at this thread because of the lesbian word! sheesh

Are you freakin serious? THis isnt craft-reated but can I have their phone number?!   Angry  Angry  Angry  Angry

On topic...I have no idea what to do for my gf for vday. It is our first together "officially" (we've been buddies plus for 12 yrs or so). I know so much about her, yet I feel I know nothing. VDay makes me panic.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
degenecle
djrk

I wanna be a professional grandma

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2009 08:33:43 PM »

My wife and I decided to celebrate Valentine's Day early this year, and I attempted to bake a cake. Said cake ended up really sloppy looking (despite my constant efforts, all my "important" cakes turn out this way, lol), but she seemed really excited when she saw it.

I didn't get a pic before it was eaten, but I made a heart shape out of a big strawberry (cut it in half, put pointy ends together) and icing-ed our initials on it.

I teased her that we were really celebrating Imbolc (I'm pagan, she's not) instead of VDay, and she seemed to get a kick out of that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
msmadeline
list-maker extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2009 12:13:54 AM »

-he did a card for valentine's day that when I open it has a paper cut out of the date we started dating in it(well actually he put THIS year on it, so we say he was REALLY looking forward to our one year anniversary)

my bf had a stainless stell guitar pick (he plays) engraved just for the hell of it. but he got the year wrong, haha, and he uses this EXACT same excuse. bahaha. boys.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

.Imprinted.
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2009 10:05:13 PM »

I'm getting started early. Smiley my gfs birthday is may 30 and our six month is may 4 so I have to do 2 amazing things in one month cuz for v day she made a treasure hunt for me across the whole city and ended at a lake where we had a picnic thing. It was sooo sweet so I feel I gotta do something fantastic. So here's what she likes. Painting/drawing, she plays guitar and bass, she loves Invader Zim, and shes tomboyish. She might wear some slippers if I make them. But no bags cuz she doesnt use those. Except maybe a cool messenger style bag for school....idk if she'd genuinely like it though...ugh..so hard....any cool ideas?

Thanks, Jeff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mgsakid
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2009 07:42:40 PM »

I'm getting started early. Smiley my gfs birthday is may 30 and our six month is may 4 so I have to do 2 amazing things in one month cuz for v day she made a treasure hunt for me across the whole city and ended at a lake where we had a picnic thing. It was sooo sweet so I feel I gotta do something fantastic. So here's what she likes. Painting/drawing, she plays guitar and bass, she loves Invader Zim, and shes tomboyish. She might wear some slippers if I make them. But no bags cuz she doesnt use those. Except maybe a cool messenger style bag for school....idk if she'd genuinely like it though...ugh..so hard....any cool ideas?

Thanks, Jeff.

I just logged on and saw this. What did you end up making/getting her?  I was gonna suggest possibly getting her a guitar or bass and painting it but, then I realized her b day was in 3 days...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Doubt thou the stars are fire;
Doubt that the sun doth move;
Doubt truth to be a liar;
But never doubt I love
mgsakid
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2009 07:58:27 PM »

So, it's that time of year again and I want to get or make my gf something really special this year for her birthday.  She's into the new Franz Ferdinand cd so I looked up concert dates. They're playing in Paris in November so I thought that would be awesome. A week in Paris and a concert with her new favorite band. ...There are two problems with that. One: she'd have to wait till November to really get her gift and Two: We'd be gone for Thanksgiving. I was gonna scrap book our first cruise together (an Olivia cruise!) but, I think she wants to be a part of that.  I'm at a loss...

She's still into snowboarding and the beach.  She's all about being green and is a bit of a hippie Smiley  She loves to travel, make art (using painting and paper), "cool" t shirts (aka active tees or local surf shop tees), she loves photography (she recently bought a canon rebel), she's really smart and loves brain games and anything of that nature.

I'd really like to get her a ring Smiley but I don't have the budget for a ring I think she's worthy of.

I can sew, silk screen, crochet, blow glass, etc. I'm willing to learn any new craft for a great end result so ALL suggestions will be appreciated!

Thanks All!

Any suggestions will be appreciated!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009 08:21:46 PM by mgsakid » THIS ROCKS   Logged

But never doubt I love
mgsakid
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2009 03:34:11 AM »

A side note.

I just booked a print ad for the campaign to repeal prop 8 in California!!!!

We have to stand up.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

But never doubt I love
hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2009 05:30:20 PM »

Ok, maybe off topic for the current thread of consciousness, but I wanted to add to this....

As a girlfriend of a wonderful guy, I had to brag/give ideas.

One year I lost my grandpa to cancer in early December. Needless to say, it was not the happiest of holidays. He had asked me what I wanted for the holiday earlier and I said "something you made. It doesn't have to be elaborate". I had written him a long rambling email diatribe about my grandpa and what he meant to me, memories, etc right after the funeral.

For Christmas, I opened a professionally looking framed object. He had edited the email I sent and printed it out and framed it.

I cried so much..it was meaningful and appropriate and full of thoughtfullness when I was feeling so un-Christmasy

I realize it may not transfer to others, but I just had to share, you can morph it into ways you deem appropriate.

I like this thread, BTW!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009 05:31:05 PM by hawkeyes_girl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
mgsakid
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2009 07:11:04 PM »

That's beyond thoughtful and quite beautiful Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

But never doubt I love
shiven
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2009 08:52:30 AM »

C'mon ladies (and gents), let's keep this going.

What are some of the sweet things you've done for the girl in your life?

Girls, what are some things you would like? Maybe just talking about the kind of stuff you'd like to receive might generate ideas.

I'll give it a shot:

I recently found an old family photo album that goes back about 3 generations. Unfortunately, it's falling apart. Having the pics put in a new album would be an awesome gift. Heck, even a new album would be good and I could do it myself.

Learning is my biggest passion (aka excuse for ridiculous amount of hobbies) so classes or lessons of any kind are made of win.

I like a lot of famous nintendo titles like Mario, Zelda, Final Fantasy... there's a lot of crafts on here based on these things.

I like road trips and just "getting away". Even driving two hours to an actual "city" is a nice change. A coupon for a trip or a prepaid gas card, a map (i'm old fashioned, no gps) and a packed lunch would be good.

Okay I had a bunch of ideas and I'm drawing a blank. I can't even think of what I want for myself. I'm getting old in my 23 years lol.

What are some of your interests and what would you like to receive based on them?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Author Brittany Geragotelis on Life’s a Witch
Brittany Geragotelis on What the Spell
Stanley Tucci Shares Family Recipes in His New Cookbook
R.L. Stine Reveals His New Adult Novel Red Rain
The Final Death of the Novel
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...