A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,106
Currently Running With Scissors:
685 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: THE GENERIC GIRLFRIEND THREAD (FOR LESBIANS, BISEXUALS AND MALES)  (Read 12553 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mgsakid
« on: June 21, 2008 04:43:06 PM »

Hey All,

I've enjoyed reading THE GENERIC BOYFRIEND THREAD for some time now. I think it's a great source for idea sharing. However, I don't feel like it really applies to me or women like me. So I decided to start this thread for women (and men) with girlfriends who are stumped for ideas. 

My girlfriend's birthday is coming up. We've been together for 7 mos and this is the first birthday we'll share so I want to make it really special. She's expressed interest in going camping on the beach (we live in SoCal) with a bunch of people. I've already got that in the works but, I want to do something for her or make something for her that she'll really love.

She's into: Art (paper art and painting mostly)
               Traveling
               The Beach
               Wii
               Snowboarding (she LOVES snowboarding)
               Surfing
               Swanky Restaurants
               Crosswords Puzzles(anything that engages her brain... she's really smart  Grin )
               Wine (especially reds)

She's a workaholic so I was thinking about making her something to help better organize her life...like a "just in case kit" full of little things she might need while at work and not be able to get.  Please help!

I hope this thread is as useful as THE GENERIC BOYFRIEND THREAD!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008 08:43:55 AM by mgsakid » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Doubt thou the stars are fire;
Doubt that the sun doth move;
Doubt truth to be a liar;
But never doubt I love
mgsakid
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008 01:28:56 PM »

Any help would be appreciated!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

But never doubt I love
batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008 01:40:06 PM »

What kinds of crafts do you do? Maybe a tote/purse/messenger bag with organizer pockets and such for things she typically carries? Or a personalized diary/day planner with art you make and important dates already entered? OR...I've seen cute beach towels on here somewhere with a pocket sewn on for beach essentials - to protect your phone/sunglasses/etc. Maybe a matching cute water bottle?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
mgsakid
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008 02:50:29 PM »

What kinds of crafts do you do? Maybe a tote/purse/messenger bag with organizer pockets and such for things she typically carries? Or a personalized diary/day planner with art you make and important dates already entered? OR...I've seen cute beach towels on here somewhere with a pocket sewn on for beach essentials - to protect your phone/sunglasses/etc. Maybe a matching cute water bottle?

Thanks.  I crochet, sew, blow glass, silk screen and do stain glass. I really like the agenda idea.  I can definitely see her loving and using that.  Thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

But never doubt I love
marcusandila
Fairy Tales are Real

A TRUE LOVE Story Never Ends

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008 07:51:33 PM »

Since you blow glass, how about you make her a set of wine glasses. I know that since I'm a wine junkie---I'd love some handmade wine glasses. So maybe she would too?

Since she loves snowboarding & you crochet---how about a bad ass hat/scarf/gloves or mitten set?

Since you silkscreen, how about some silkscreened panties for later ;P With something on em like, "Mmmmm...Tastes the best!" "Taste the cookie" "Lick me"---you get the idea.

Make her a mixed puzzle book handbound by you.. For example, "HOW YOU TASTE: YUMMY" "Where we met: mcdonalds" "Where we first kissed: HOME" etc.

You can make the crosswords here:

http://www.puzzle-maker.com/CW/

You can make a word search here:

http://www.armoredpenguin.com/wordsearch/

Word Scramble maker:

http://www.armoredpenguin.com/wordscramble/

Sudoku maker (If you think she'll like this):

http://edhelper.com/sudoku.htm

You could make her a silkscreened hoodie (because its cold when you snowboard) with a wii remote on it

MAKE HER SOME CHAPSTICK!!! Snowboarders need chapstick!!! Or you can buy her some from etsy or something. I think they have custom ones on there where you could ask the seller to put a special label on there or something that says something like, "[insert gf's name]'s Chapstick so her lips always stay moist for [insert your name]"

If you REALLLLLLLLLLLLY want to go the extra mile.... Google & search on youtube for tuts on painting/airbrushing snowboards. Make your gf a custom snowboard!!! I'm sure she'd LOVE that.

Or you know you could just make her a cool purse Smiley

Hope that helped!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY BLOG
MY PINTEREST
Momma to Cade & Cas
mgsakid
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008 07:43:47 PM »

Omg! What great ideas!! I really love the hand blown wine glasses and the snow board...I'm gonna try to pull both of those off. Wish me luck!  Also the links we're really helpful. I'll post pictures if things come out Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

But never doubt I love
ragdoll193
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008 07:56:14 PM »

boy craftsters can have girlfriends, too Wink

if you do make the wine glasses, you could learn to etch and make pretty designs in them, if you make plain ones
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^♥^
♥the military will not stop me from crafting♥
mgsakid
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008 02:03:13 PM »

Tis true...I should change the subject
THIS ROCKS   Logged

But never doubt I love
amazeme666

Go Brook Yourself!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008 10:11:26 PM »

I made this really cool girft for my BFF on her birthday- she is currently in Japan for the summer, so since she had her birthday about 2 months before she left, I thought I would make her a little something for her trip...
I am a little mermaid NUT, so I found a litle mermaid suicase, and filled it with things she could use. I made a straightening iron cozy out of an oven glove, I put in a travel pillow I made for her with a little insider in it- It was a pillow with a "kilt" wrapped around it and when you lifted it up you could see the privates heehee...I found a japanese wallet, and then some personal equipment haha, nude playing cards and a vibrator that looks like a blush brush Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cheesedip

Llama? Hmmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008 01:04:33 PM »

i think a big organiser is a great idea - it sounds like something you could really use, and you could really tailor it to her interests. sections for wine she's tasted and enjoyed, maps that she can mark on where she's travelled, a section to rate restaurants she's enjoyed.

you could work the kit into it somehow - pockets for different things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."
- G. B. Burgin
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Evolution of the Flash Mobs
Learn to Play A Diminished on Guitar
Love and Theft Interview
How a Washing Machine Became a Percussion Device
Avatar Post Team - Episode 3 - Process and Flow
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...