A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,967
Currently Running With Scissors:
652 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "Lucky" from SNBN knitalong  (Read 27811 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cnp71201
« Reply #160 on: March 27, 2007 06:18:11 PM »

Beautiful!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm crystalnickel on Ravelry!

Visit my blog at http://cnp71203.blogspot.com/. It has a little of everything... well, most things!

http://www.wists.com/cnp71203
yarn_nut
« Reply #161 on: March 27, 2007 07:10:15 PM »

Looks great on you!  I love the color too:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gail
Check out my blog! www.gailknits.wordp ress.com
snowyangel
« Reply #162 on: March 28, 2007 08:03:15 AM »

Fregolina that sweater is gorgeous and does wonders for your gigure. I need one in every colour!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Funky hand bags, pillows, cat toys and more UNDER $25...
www.snowyangel.etsy .com
http://www.wists.com/snowyangel2000
DoulaLyndsey
« Reply #163 on: March 28, 2007 10:59:55 AM »

Everyone's finished wraps are gorgeous!  I bought the SNB:N book just for this sweater.  Got the yarn (Lion Brand microspun in fuschia), knitted the whole thing up and then started seaming and it looks terrible.  I really suck at seaming, so I ended up putting it away and now it's been sitting in my bag unseamed for a year.  Embarrassed  Seeing all the beautiful sweaters makes me want to try to finish it again, I'll have to yank it back out and see what I can do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Lyndsey
Wife, mom, knitter, birth doula, Harry Potter fanatic
fragolina_piccolina

It means "little strawberry" in Italian ;o).

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: March 28, 2007 03:23:33 PM »

Thanks girls! I'm blushing  Cheesy

DoulaLindsey- good seaming takes practice, and lots of light! It really helps to keep track of your rows while doing mattress stitch, because more rows on one piece than another will take a little calculation to seam up (but it isn't impossible). Moreover, if you aren't happy with the seaming, don't be scared to pull it all out and start over! I had to redo the seaming on one raglan, and also the whole neck band, until I figured out the right amount of stitches to pick up.

I never thought of a sweater in microspun- the finished product would end up with really great drape, right? I've never knit anything with it, but I heard that it won't stretch. Is that true?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`v)
`*..*
..*) .*)
(. (. . .`..*Melanie*
The Italian Knitter... don't insult the sticks, or you'll have to watch out for my knitting mafia!
PlayCrackTheSky
« Reply #165 on: March 29, 2007 01:45:15 PM »

fragolina_piccolina: you're sweater is gorgeous. Did you have to alter anything from the pattern? I heard that the finished sweater arm lengths are kind of short and your sleeves look more fitted than the one in the book.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fragolina_piccolina

It means "little strawberry" in Italian ;o).

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: March 29, 2007 07:06:31 PM »

PlayCrackTheSky- I made lots of alterations!

I had thicker yarn on size 5 needles, so I used a gauge multiplier to determine how many sts would be needed. Then, I subtracted to be able to use the lace pattern, plus 2 edge sts. I decreased the same amount as called for in the pattern, but increased 1 less st. The armholes were worked almost exactly. For the front pieces, I changed the decreases to compensate for fewer sts. The sleeves were an entirely different shape (as you noticed!).

For those, I cast on a small amount of sts, just big enough to fit my hand through (but still using multiple of... I think 8+2?). I increased 1 st on each side on lace repeat #4, 7, 10, 11 & 12, then cast off for the armpits on rows 9 &10 of pattern repeat 13. Then, I decreased in the same way as for the other raglan tops. Ta-da! formfitting and full-length sleeves (well, at least for my short arms! If you want to size them to fit, just keep working and comparing to your arm length until you're satisfied).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`v)
`*..*
..*) .*)
(. (. . .`..*Melanie*
The Italian Knitter... don't insult the sticks, or you'll have to watch out for my knitting mafia!
PlayCrackTheSky
« Reply #167 on: March 30, 2007 02:23:11 PM »

PlayCrackTheSky- I made lots of alterations!

I had thicker yarn on size 5 needles, so I used a gauge multiplier to determine how many sts would be needed. Then, I subtracted to be able to use the lace pattern, plus 2 edge sts. I decreased the same amount as called for in the pattern, but increased 1 less st. The armholes were worked almost exactly. For the front pieces, I changed the decreases to compensate for fewer sts. The sleeves were an entirely different shape (as you noticed!).

For those, I cast on a small amount of sts, just big enough to fit my hand through (but still using multiple of... I think 8+2?). I increased 1 st on each side on lace repeat #4, 7, 10, 11 & 12, then cast off for the armpits on rows 9 &10 of pattern repeat 13. Then, I decreased in the same way as for the other raglan tops. Ta-da! formfitting and full-length sleeves (well, at least for my short arms! If you want to size them to fit, just keep working and comparing to your arm length until you're satisfied).

So much mods! It looks like it was worth it though. I love the color of your "Lucky."
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tigger
« Reply #168 on: January 26, 2008 01:17:55 PM »

HELP I started the lucky and my clovers are coming out totally wonky, is there anyone that can walk me through the 12 repeat pattern?

I know i'm hopeless right  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lady Lazarus
« Reply #169 on: February 03, 2009 10:23:56 AM »

Can anyone help me too? T___T  My gauge is fine, but on the back I can't work out how to knit the stitches so they line up. It's odd as the gauge version without decreases is fine, but as soon as I start trying it to work with the decreases it goes crazy.

Tigger, this will be a case of the blind leading the blind, and very late! but a few common mistakes/hints  I worked out are:

1. Do it slowly as possible and count it carefully.
2. Do you have the first snb book? they have diagrams for all the decreases there.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Target Shadows and Highlights
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Restore an Image After Adjusting Levels
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Use the Level Commands
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Use the 16 Bit Per Channel Space
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Save All Changes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...