A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,496
Currently Running With Scissors:
624 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "Lucky" from SNBN knitalong  (Read 28095 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rachillsk8
« Reply #140 on: April 07, 2006 02:46:21 PM »

Oh! I have a ripping tip!

This was my first time recycling yarn. First, I unraveled a whole sleeve, and just rolled it loosely up in order to put it in the bathroom to get the kinks out (like it says to on page 155 of SNBN). That didn't actually work, but no biggie. Everything went okay until I got to the end and there were some knotting issues.

So this revelation came to me because I thought it would make a cute picture: I just got the end from the next sweater piece and started knitting with it! It saves the unraveling time (BIG bonus), and there will be no tangling problems! You just pull it out little by little as you knit.

I've done the frog-while-knitting thing before too.  Saves time and makes life easy as long as what you're unravelling isn't too kinky. 

Lucky is on my list...after finishing my current butterfly and Kate cat, 2 Tubeys (1 for me, 1 for mom for mothers day), a Clapotis, a print-of-the-wave stole....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sherrie
« Reply #141 on: April 08, 2006 09:07:56 AM »

This is definitely on my to do list... unfortunately there's a bunch of things before it!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
adriknits
« Reply #142 on: June 02, 2006 12:52:41 PM »

has anyone had experience knitting with allhemp3? It seems like the gauge might work for this, but I'm not sure how the yarn feels or drapes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
adriknits
« Reply #143 on: June 02, 2006 01:30:29 PM »

I have a feeling I'm gonna break down and get the hemp yarn anyway. If it doesn't work for this, I could always use it for something else.

My only problem now is choosing which colors to get!
I'd want to make the wrap with a contrasting strap. I'm thinking Sprout with Avocado (but which one for the body and which for the strap???), but I really love the Sapphire blue, too (maybe with black??)
You can see the color samples here: http://www.yarndex.com/images/HempForKnitting_101Allhemp3.jpg

Let me know what you all think!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PlayItGeorge
« Reply #144 on: June 02, 2006 01:38:19 PM »

Personally I love that deep sea color.

Check my blog for finished Lucky pictures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

8littlepaws.wordpress.com
adriknits
« Reply #145 on: June 02, 2006 02:11:11 PM »

I like the deep sea color too

Yours looks great! I love the idea of making it with three-quarter length sleeves. It looks like it only took you a month to make--- that's very encouraging-- I might be able to actually wear mine this summer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PlayItGeorge
« Reply #146 on: June 02, 2006 02:13:38 PM »

It took a little over a month, I think.  I am not sure.  I really powered through some of it.  I am certainly glad to have it finished!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

8littlepaws.wordpress.com
adriknits
« Reply #147 on: June 13, 2006 10:59:40 PM »

Ok, I decided on the Sapphire Blue for the body, and Deep Sea for the sash. The hemp is surprisingly nice to work with. It's a bit stiff, but it doesn't feel bad on my hands, and the stiffness keeps it from unraveling when I yank the needle too hard and all the stitches come flying off. The fabric is a little rough, but flowy. It seems like it would get softer when washed. I'm excited to see how this turns out.

I realized I was doing my YOs all wrong in the first clover row, but decided against ripping it --it doesn't bother me that much, and I might be able to make it look better during blocking. Here's what I have so far..i'm hoping that by posting this here, I'll be motivated to work on it more--I've already been distracted and started another project. I need to get back on track.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
val3ntine
« Reply #148 on: June 26, 2006 09:48:22 AM »

I have a question.  On the directions for the back, where it says "dec 1 st at each edge of next row, then every foll 9th row 3 times more" - if the first dec was in row 3, would I decrease in row 12, then 9, then 3 or do I decrease in row 9 of the pattern for 3 repeats?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
monalisa_lazysmile
« Reply #149 on: July 20, 2006 09:24:51 AM »

may i join this knitalong?

that's how far i've come by now. i hope to finish 'lucky' in the summer holidays, though it'll be a christmas present.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Been dazed and confused/For so long it's not true
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Will This Glossy Topcoat Transform Your Lipstick Wardrobe?
How to Make a Macha Tea Mask and Coffee Sugar Body Scrub
How to Wear White Eye Makeup - Not Just for Twiggy Wannabes
How to Use a Curling Iron for Perfect Beachy Waves
How to Nail the Half Moon Manicure
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...