A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,526
Currently Running With Scissors:
497 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "Lucky" from SNBN knitalong  (Read 28104 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ctgirl
« on: February 08, 2005 08:36:10 PM »

I love the "Lucky" sweater (clover lace wrap) from SNBN and am planning on starting it soon.  Anyone interested in joining me?  I have never knit on such small needles before, so I am afraid that it may take forever, but it will be a great sweater for spring.  I ordered the Rowan yarn today in olive, which is a pretty light green color.  I hope to start within the next week (once I get the yarn and needles.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
acesulfamek
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005 10:23:19 AM »

I am mad for the Lucky sweater.  Alas, it will have to wait a little while - I am about to start a different sweater as a gift.  If you're still kniting along when I'm done with that, I would love to join - but with the speed at which I knit (like a pre-global-warming glacier), you'll probably have time to finish two by then!

In any event, good luck!  I'm sure it will look great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

abinka
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005 03:33:44 PM »

Yeah I really want to make Lucky in red. I just started Accidentally On Purpose though, and that's on smallish needles as well, so if this knitalong is still going on I might jump in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
juniperl13
The one with the stripes

you look like lunch to me! ^_^

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2005 04:13:04 PM »

this has been on my things-to-knit list since the first time i saw it. i'll probably make it my next project (i'm in the middle of puzzling out a sweater right now), but i can in no way afford rowan yarn. buying new needles will be a splurge all by itself.

any ideas as to what i can use in place of the rowan yarn?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My website is coming together nicely! Please send me feedback, as I don't know how well it works on systems other than mine.

Also, I have a blog at  http://neglectedblog.blogspot.com/
Shan
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2005 04:28:26 PM »

this has been on my things-to-knit list since the first time i saw it. i'll probably make it my next project (i'm in the middle of puzzling out a sweater right now), but i can in no way afford rowan yarn. buying new needles will be a splurge all by itself.

any ideas as to what i can use in place of the rowan yarn?

I am going to make this using Bernat Handicrafter Cotten 4 ply worsted in Apple Green. I bought it at smiley's online for a dollar a skein. They have a $30 minimum on orders as well as a flat shipping fee of $9.95. It may not be worth it for you.

I just signed up for the candy knit along. That will be my first sweater, Lucky will be my second. I'm not sure when I will be able to start on Lucky.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused. - annonymous
abinka
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2005 05:36:58 PM »

I was thinking of using some Baby Soft...I guess Lion Brand? I think it's fingering weight. I'll have to check at my LYS.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ctgirl
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2005 05:52:09 PM »

I am planning on making candy too, thougth I haven't joined the knitalong yet.  I am still trying to decide on the colors.  I started on it tonight, but don't like how my colors are going together so I think I am going to need a new contrasting color.

Not sure of a good cheap substitute yarn.  I really can't afford the Rowan right now either, but I love the sweater so much that I slurged on the yarn. 

After all I hear about Smiley Yarns, I have to check it out.......it seems like they have great prices.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
juniperl13
The one with the stripes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2005 09:48:22 PM »

i'm thinking..........if i get stuff for 3 or 4 projects at once from smiley's i'll feel not so poor. i'm getting circs there anyway, as well as (probably) yarn for Candy aaaannnnnnndddddd maybe Blaze too. getting some cotton for this would round it out nicely. sadly i hate all the handicrafter colors.........

wait, they're cotton! that means i can dye them, right??!?!

RIGHT???!!!

pastels suck my toe! and make it look washed out in the process!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My website is coming together nicely! Please send me feedback, as I don't know how well it works on systems other than mine.

abinka
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2005 02:59:41 AM »

Do you think Patons Grace would be a good sub?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
juniperl13
The one with the stripes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2005 04:05:35 PM »

whoa. WHOA! bernat handicrafter cotton is WAY chunkier than rowan 4-ply cotton.

the rowan is fingering weight O_O. i didn't even notice that the first time i looked it up. hell. wellllll......................what's a cheap fingering weight cotton yarn?  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Celeb Street Style: Halle Berry, Gwen Stefani and Victoria Beckham Stylish
How to Match Wellies to Your Outfit
Give Your Sweater a Festive Embellished Collar
The Must-Have Moto Jackets You Need Now
Marsha Ambrosius Talks Leather & Layering With VIBE VIXEN
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...