A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,614
Currently Running With Scissors:
566 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sewing needle injuries, anybody?  (Read 7524 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Alchamy513
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Watson's Warriors

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010 09:30:14 AM »

Haha, I've stabbed myself in the lip with my needle when it got stuck... and bit my lip. Both of them bled and I had a bit of a fat lip! It was one of those fat, sharp doll needles and it hurt a lot! No one was home at the time, and I was laughing hysterically... who does stuff like that? Really?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I believe in Sherlock Holmes! : Avengers Assemble!
My Pinterest
bethymay
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2010 03:22:21 PM »

I had to put in my bit here too.....
1. dropped a case full of pins on the carpet and didn't find the last one until the middle of the next day right into my foot.
2. I was reconstructing a futon mattress into a twin sized mattress for my son and using one of those curved needles. I must have stabbed everyone of my fingers.
3. I was hand stitching a white cotton top and stabbed the needle under my nail. luckily it didn't bleed too much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lady.lin
Costume Queen

Break the rules, not your tools.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2010 01:33:10 AM »

I've stuck myself with needles and pins plenty of times before (who hasn't, right?) but I did something new earlier this week.

I was trying to get the foot off the machine when my hand slipped upwards and I shoved the needle right through my thumbnail. That's a pain I won't forget anytime soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jinjeet Phoenix

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2010 01:57:05 PM »

Oh gosh!  Long story short, I used to work in a linen factory sewing. One day I sewed my index finger.  It happened so fast and the machine was extremely fast that I didn't even realize that I'd sewn my finger til I saw the thread had broken.  I got sent to the clinic for ex rays.  No bone damage, the needle just bounced off but a friend counted the entrance holes at 21. Believe me that I was walking around with my hand pointed to the sky's for a while.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovexandxhate
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2010 01:51:42 AM »

I.... actually chipped my tooth on a sewing needle.

I'll let that sink in for a second.

I was fourteen(?) years old, I think, and I was sewing a patch onto my backpack. I was having a really hard time getting the eye of the needle through the heavy canvas and then the patch, so I took it between my teeth and pulled.
And yep, chipped a tooth.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jinjeet Phoenix

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2010 04:23:00 AM »

Och!! Not fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KimmyLynne82

I enjoy being a dame.

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2011 09:56:59 AM »

By no means am I discounting the pain and anguish of any one's evil needle stories - I've got plenty of my own - but I just have to giggle! Isn't it comforting knowing there are others who have done such things to themselves?!

Despite having stabbed, poked, and otherwise tortured myself with sewing needles and Xacto knives, I've also had the displeasure of actually sewing my finger to my project one time. Not fun...especially when you don't realize it until you're done (my fingers were especially sore from trying, then get p*ssed because you have to rip all the seams to dislodge your finger from the item!  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*~Kim~*
wists~ Swap Ideas on Pinterest~Blog

I <3 Personal Swaps!
Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2011 12:14:04 AM »

I'm considered a danger.... My mother has I think a scar on her leg because she got one of my sewing needles.... Both parents have taken needles (and thumb tacks) to the feet... All of these are my fault....

For me personally....I was playing with a sewing needle... I dropped it and couldn't find it anywhere, I searched hardcore... Well, I left to go grab something and forgot about it... I sit on my legs.... Anyways, I felt a sharp pain to my leg.... I'm like "OUCH!!! *gets up*" I see the missing needle sticking out of my leg.... I'm like "Oh, I found it... It's stuck on my jeans *tugs* ....It isn't coming out?! *tug tug* ....Why does it feel like.... *tug*.... OMG IT'S STUCK IN MY LEG!!!!!!!!!!!!! *stares* ..... ITS STUCK IN MY LEG AND THE EYE SIDE IS IN MY FLESH, NOT THE SHARP SIDE!!!!!!!!!" I limped out of my room crying and my mom's like "Whats wrong?!" I'm like "Help meeeeee ; w ; *bawling* I got a needle stuck in my leggggggg.... eye side iiiiiiin" My mother freaks out, stares at my leg, and she and I are having trouble getting it out cuz it's stuck on my jeans and in my flesh... XD After a while, she got it out, and my dad who does a lot of medical stuff said I actually was a bit lucky, if it had been a tiny bit deeper I probably would have had to go to the hospital or something because it would have hit something it shouldn't have XD; We cleaned the wound...

Needless to say, I try to be more careful w/ needles now...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/lunaestrelladesign/
Deviantart: http://melonpan-alichan.deviantart.com/

Will happily do personal swaps Smiley I'm busy so I may be a bit slow, but I do enjoy swapping <3
spicytaco

Lalala...

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2011 06:24:24 PM »

I almost swallowed a needle once. I had it in between my lips and yawned or something. It was a close call.

I stuck an embroidery needle about halfway down between my thumb nail and my thumb. I didn't really bleed, but did hurt like hell. You could see the red line for ages after.

They other day I chipped a tooth. I was embroidering a t-shirt and was having trouble pulling the needle through, so I used my teeth just like my mum always told me not to. I once broke a needle doing this too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*insert witty saying here*

I has Wist.
TheDaytimeHeroes
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2011 11:16:15 PM »

I once successfully pinned a pattern piece and fabric to my hand.
That hurt, and I got blood all over my white-and-black fabric, which was the worst part.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This message will self-destruct.

Originals, prints and feather paintings!
My Etsy shop--> http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheDaytimeHeroes?ref=si_shop
Deviantart --> http://kodriak.deviantart.com/

~<3
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Oscar Winning Locks with Matrix Artistic Director, Ammon Carver
Hair Loss Treatment for Men
How to Get The Bump
How to Get Perfect Hair Color at Home
Double Duty Beauty
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...