A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 299,190
Currently Running With Scissors:
549 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Small Mystery swap Gallery  (Read 8362 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AmphipodGirl

More projects planned than executed.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2008 12:15:12 PM »

I love the chair pincushion!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me for a FREE vintage embroidery transfer of mushrooms (more info in profile).
Purelectricity
It's electric.

I'm a paper bag in real life.

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2008 04:35:20 PM »

Sorry it has taken me so long to post these pictures!  My mystery swap partner was Mamarose22 and man did she spoil me.

Here is the group pic:

This is the needlebook she sent me.  Straight from my wist!  It's sooo beautiful!!

Pear pincushion also from my wist.  What a good stalker swapper!

An apple potholder already hanging from my oven:

The inside of the checkbook cover:

And finally a framed cupcake for my kitchen!!

Thanks again Mamarose Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
mamarose22
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2008 06:00:16 PM »

I'm glad you liked everything Purelectricity.  I don't own a camera and I usually have to get my daughter over for my pictures.  I sometimes mail out the package before she can come over so I didn't have any pictures.  You did a good job of photographing everything.  When I receive a swap, most of the time she can come over to take pictures of my goodies, if not I have to rely on the sender to post.  So, I too am sometimes late with posting. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
http://www.pinterest.com/mamarose22/
AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2008 07:16:01 AM »

OOOO! I love the Needle Book! It looks just like the one from my wist! And the pear is awesome. Love the fabric choice as well.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

harlequin1031
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2008 02:37:52 PM »

I received from AmphipodGirl over the weekend- it was an amazing package!  She sent a very nice letter in which she mentioned checking out my myspace (though it was obvious from the contents, she had done a fair amount of stalking!), and provided a recipe for gluten free cookies (my son has celiac disease and can-not have gluten) that we have yet to try.  She sent a ball for my daughter, which she LOVES (perfect timing too, she is just starting to crawl around and will push it and go after it).  It is difficult to explain.....it is fabric (3 different patterns and textures!), and oddly shaped- I actually have a pattern for it and wanted to make one, but couldn't figure out how to put it together!  For my son she sent a home-made deck of "cards"- wooden disks with painted dinosaurs, a sheet detailing different games that could be played with them, a sheet identifying the different dinosaurs, and a bag to keep them all in.  She also sent me a bag, which contained a package of gorgeous origami paper, and as extras some chopsticks, a little wooden box, some pretty bento box picks, and Japanese candies (I used to live in Japan and still love all things Japanese).  Thank you so much AmphipodGirl, the package was awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
christinacoghill

My biggest fans!

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2008 02:41:05 PM »

I received my small mystery swap package yesterday, from Kimberly I love it, and she made way over the 5 points!!! She sent me cute kitty ?pincushions?  but they have a clothespin inside of them so they can pinch onto stuff, some super duper cool long dangly earrings (thread wrapped), a GREAT pincushion, some neato crochet patterns, and a bar of great smelling homemade soap!! Thanks Kimberly

THIS ROCKS   Logged

kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2008 04:06:58 PM »

I got my mystery package today from Dinosaurus Meg. She mentioned in the swap thread that she didn't know what to make for her partner (me) but I think she did a great job deciding.

Group shot:

The book Tease from my Amazon Wishlist (brand new!) and she made me a cute brown apron with cupcakes on a blue background! I am in love with cupcake fabric but can only ever find them on pink. The blue and brown go great together. I always dream of making my own apron, but never have. So now I have my very own! And I love the pockets too!!!

Slightly blurry detail of the cupcakes:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2008 05:22:48 PM »

I am just loving everything so far! Keep it coming guys!

That crochet book looks like a great one!

Hey ccwsch, what was the project that you did for me that you said you failed on the first attempt? Im just curious  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ccswch
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2008 06:45:12 PM »

The crochet hook holder. I couldn't find a coordinating bias tape in my stash so I tried to use some fold-over-elastic I had and it looked horrible. I couldn't get the corners of it to fit right without stretching it, which made them roll in terribly. Fortunately my daughter loves it so it wasn't a total failure, but now I have to buy her more hooks to fill it lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps
Dinosaurus Meg

I wish I was a wolpertinger.

« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2008 09:39:50 PM »

Kartiana, I am so glad you like everything Cheesy And the book is used so it's got an extra aura of love around it Tongue (I've had/used it for over a year but I guess I was pretty easy on it compared to some of my other books Wink ) Cheesy I am really glad you like the cupcakes, when I read you loved cupcakes but hated pink I was like "What!? Pink is the ultimate cupcake color! Where will I ever find such fabric?" *off to Fabric adventure land* And then I found that which was totally cute. I am glad you like everything Cheesy I had fun making your apron Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hey Fiber People: I am very interested in personal swaps for painted/dyed roving or top. I can swap supplies or crafted items. Let's talk!

Every body wants a rock to wind a piece of string around.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create an Origami Peacock
How to Create Origami Star
How to Create an Origami Christmas Tree
How to Create a Santa Origami
How to Create Origami Dragon
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...