A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,561
Currently Running With Scissors:
397 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Clean-Along Its time for a major cleanup and redo- Post Your Own Pics  (Read 36077 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 30, 2008 05:44:16 PM »

I now have a studio bedroom project (and a camera). So my bedroom had to become my studio due to lack of space anywere else and the fact its too cold to contuine to work in our unheated garage.
My to do list includes:
put up photos
find closet
find suplies
hang up bed surround
find way to seprate room
Move bookcase
Hang light box
Build light box

Pictures soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
Scruffster

Scruff adds character

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 06, 2008 08:59:02 AM »

Wow guys, reading this post has made me feel so much better about the mess I have to tackle in my room. I've been living in my apartment for months but still have loads of stuff from my last apartment boxed up in my parents house because I haven't been sure how it's gonna fit. Also I have to finish painting the walls and generally decorating as I only got half way when I did it up first! And the place is a serious mess, there's clothes, books and general crap all over the place. And everytime I make a big step into cleaning it, it just seems to get seriously messy again before I make it to the finish line.

I currently have a seriouly nasty dose of flu and the only thing I want to do is curl up in bed in a lovely clean room but the sight in front of me when I open the door is seriously depressing. I'm letting myself take it slow because of the afformentioned sickness but I think if I at least make a start on it I'll feel a bit better.

Okay, my list has quite a few stages:

1) Tidy
- Organise clothes and run pretty much everything through the wash (Most of it's been living on the floor and I got LOTS of clothes..)
- Throw out all the general crap that's just lying around the place
- Group stuff that will have to be stored somehow like scarves, jewellery, belts etc.

2) Paint

3)Figure out how I'm gonna store stuff/ buy shelves etc.

4)Bring over all the stuff from my parents

5)Figure out how the hell that's all meant to fit in my room

6)Get extra pillows and cushions for the bed and cover them

7)Decorate the walls

I'll try and take some before pictures if I can find my camera.

Oh, and I was thinking about running a line of shelves up a partition wall, rather than having a bookcase to hold stuff to save on room. Does anyone know if there's much limit on how much weight I could put on them? Don't want to rip a chunk of plaster out!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kurisu
« Reply #142 on: November 07, 2008 05:58:53 PM »

Wow...

1. I know it's hard but if you haven't touched it in a year, get rid of it.

2. Next, find a place/organize everything.

3. Paint~!  It's cheap and can really clean up the room.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DeviSaya
Horror Illustrator and Crafter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: November 08, 2008 09:46:43 AM »

Oh man. Man ohhhh man. I need get organized. Awesome thread to make. However every time I clean, it goes to hell a few days later. So I believe I need to get some organizers once I obtain some money. Also, I've only been here two months, so I'd also like to make this place my own. Hmmmm.

1. Throw away everything that is not and will not serve a purpose to me
2. Buy hanging clothes organizer for closet.
3. Clean up closet and but a decent amount of supplies from there in previous clothing plastic shelves thingy
4. Buy some little square cubbie thingies. The open ones that you can stack. If anyone has some cheap recommendations, i'd love to hear it
5. Rearrange everything in my room
6. Since I'm renting, I dont think I can paint the walls. So instead I'll cover the walls in posters and random other crap
7. A number of other things to further organize and make this place look smashing..but not sure what said things are until I progress
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 17, 2008 05:12:10 PM »

If you want really neat walls and you rent try contact paper.. works wonders.

My project for the next two days is finishing off a metal chair that im not alowed to bring inside and Have no suplies for GRR
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
beccabadger
« Reply #145 on: December 09, 2008 08:38:29 AM »

I think I may just have to join in on this. I have quite a small room, and a huge amount of stuff, and I can never keep things tidy. Maybe joining in with other people will help. My main problem is that my room has to be my bedroom, office, craft space (although I do bigger things in the living room), and music room all at once. I'll hopefully get some before pictures up tomorrow, along with a list of what I have to do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tamilyn
« Reply #146 on: December 19, 2008 01:31:21 PM »

Quite honestly, I'd rather clean YOUR room than mine! LOL

My 2009 Resolution it to clean, reorganize and destash the Craft Cave. I haven't even begun to see what it lurking in there.  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 08, 2009 05:14:04 PM »

My 2009 goal is to clean out my bedroom (and drag it into the extra room)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
le_coiffeur04
« Reply #148 on: January 27, 2009 11:03:42 AM »

Hey guys I thought I would join in! I love the show Clean House and totally get inspired every time I watch it so this thread is great. We moved into our house about 5 years ago and I couldnt take the bright blue laundry room anymore. It took me FOREVER to get the border off the wall. I swear they super glued it on dry, it totally destroyed the drywall when I removed it. I had to use wallpaper remover and a steamer to help get it off. My hubby came behind me and fixed the drywall. Then we painted every night after the kids went to bed. It took about a week and a half to get it finished. We took the shelf/ clothes rack down and I actually used the closets in our bedrooms now insted of throwing it all in the laundry room. I hated doing the laundry before because it was such a mess in there. I am inspired to keep the laundry room clean now because it looks so much better in there. I bought two curtains at walmart and did a recon on the back door curtain by taking the swag part of the curtain apart and hemming it up a little shorter.  ok on to the pics!

Before....oh yeah its BAD

The ulgy border

Worken Hard

Messed up drywall

Ahhh thats better

Back door curtain with magnetic rod

Well thats it! We are worken on our bedroom right now and I will post pics as soon as we are finished. Thanks for looken!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
le_coiffeur04
« Reply #149 on: January 27, 2009 11:09:42 AM »

Oh one more thing.....If you have little kids NEVER use satin finish paint. I have little handprints all over the walls now from greasy fingers lol. I wish I would have used semi gloss so I could wash it off better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tony DiTerlizzi on His Audiobook, A Hero for WondLa, Read by Teri Hatcher
Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus Answer Fan Questions
Behind the Scenes of Writing Between You and Me
Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus Read from Between You and Me
White Horse Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...