A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,114
Currently Running With Scissors:
664 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Clean-Along Its time for a major cleanup and redo- Post Your Own Pics  (Read 34396 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Clarity
« Reply #130 on: September 13, 2008 02:53:55 PM »

well done sky, it is getting there and you have done loads. For that "ugly" metal shelf you dislike, I suggest painting it white or a pastel colour similar to to your walls, then wrap the bars with fairy lights in soft white or again, pink if you prefer. You could even just wrap it in vines as well. You're a craftser girl, upcycle Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SkyyAngel
« Reply #131 on: September 17, 2008 10:52:02 AM »

Oh no, the metal shelving is seriously junk. If take it apart to paint it or do anything with it really (I fear to move it seriously) the thing won't be put back together again. The metal is all bent up, some screws are barely holding on. It's just not even "safe" to use as shelving for the most part but it's all I have for now so I have to make due (plus because of the clutter and small size, I don't actually craft in this room, it's just storage). Once we move, it's being binned.

My husband had 3 others in his craft room and I emptied one of all its stuff and tried to move it and the thing seriously just like folded in on itself without the stuff on the shelves "supporting" it. The metal is just not sturdy at all.  Undecided Maybe if I were more of the hardware-type craftster who could weld, I might be able to do something with it, but it definitely crosses my line for junk I can craft with to junk that is just trash.

I do like the idea of paint or fairy lights and fabric to hide the "ugliness" of some shelving so I may borrow that idea in the future, but these particular shelves are just beyond hope.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
moonshinebluebird
« Reply #132 on: September 18, 2008 11:47:27 PM »

wow! I just quickly skimmed through and am going to read in depth in the morning.

Just wanted to thank all of you for being packratty, disorganized, crafty tornadoes.  I have been beating myself up and feeling depressed and overwhelmed with the mountain of disheveled mess in my house and craft room...

You give me hope and I now know that I'm not alone or totally crazy.  THANK YOU Smiley

A list is soo good *looks around* but everytime I try I get so overwhelmed and stressed and that causes an episode then I just lay down shaking and being sad heh... ok thats pathetic... no more no more.   Tongue

1.  Get a big trash bag and start throwing things away.
2.  Get the Boxes, one for keep, one for maybe, and one for good will (or other)
3.  Start putting crap in them.
4.  Clean the floor, tear out the rug its nasty.
5.  Clean the walls and ceiling.
6.  Pick out and buy paint and accessories.
7.  Paint the room into happyness.
8.  Find a place and way to organize store all art supplies within view and reach. (A MUST I'm visual) this probably has sub categories hehe.
9   Create at least 3 cat spots. (they like to have designated nap areas)
10. Move my clothes to a different room, use space saver bags to store non used clothes.

pant pant pant... I bet there is more but it helped to type it out.  I"ll try to post pictures of it in the morn or early afternoon Smiley

You guys totally rock.

moonshine micky
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008 11:49:59 PM by moonshinebluebird - Reason: random insertion of misguided letters - removal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

An ACEO a day for a year
Flickr
Etsy
"A wise old owl lived in an oak..."
ALTA

hehehe... this makes me giggle

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 19, 2008 08:15:14 PM »

I've been a crafster creeper for a while now and finally signed up!!!
yay!!
this post is soooo inspiring... and I totally agree with what a few have said: that everytime I attempt to clean the rest of my house, my craft area/ guest room gets trampled all over with more crap...  that's a big reason why I never finish projects. Well that and my severe ADHD that makes me love the starting but not the finishing. eeek.
well I'm not allowed to post pics yet... but I will take some for a before to my fab after. I'm gonna try to not get too overwhelmed but I really want to attack this!!!!! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!

so here's the list:
-laundry & dry cleaning sort
-do laundry
-ironing----- ahhhh!
-organize dog stuff
-clean craft room closet
-organize study room
-get rid of last year's class stuff (sell & toss)
-sew pillows
-sew doggie crate blanket
-organize scrapbook papers

CAN'T WAIT TO CONTINUE SEEING ALL THE TRANSFORMATIONS!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A to the L to the T to the A

looooves it.
flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 20, 2008 11:00:22 AM »

I wanna join. I love reading the tips and seeing ideas.... I dont have a room anymore. Ive got stacks of boxes....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
kleinsch
« Reply #135 on: September 20, 2008 12:21:52 PM »

A list is soo good *looks around* but everytime I try I get so overwhelmed and stressed and that causes an episode then I just lay down shaking and being sad heh... ok thats pathetic... no more no more.   Tongue

I never thought it possible, but organizing my craft room today gave me a panic or anxiety attack. . .  I'm still feeling kind of shaky and weird.  I think I was feeling overwhelmed at the thought of making everything look presentable for my MIL's visit in four days--and "presentable" for her means it looks like Martha Stewart finessed everything with her staff.  Presentable for me just means the door can be shut to hide all the mess!

That, and I started looking at all the junk I have kept over the years and that I packed up (WHY??) to bring to our new house, even though I haven't touched some of the stuff in years. What a waste.

And, I started looking at projects I did for other people (graphic design stuff) that took hours and hours of labor (school yearbooks--what a time suck) and it reminded of some of the bad, bad emotional abuse I suffered from a co-worker.

All in all, it was a bad morning.  I still have several big piles to sort through, and now I'm afraid to go into my little craft room. Argh!  Who knew crafting could turn into such an emotional mess??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The more children are valued, the better their values will be.
flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 20, 2008 01:07:37 PM »

my goals to finish stuff before I move to the new place.

Paiting goals-
Bookcase (mabey, not sure yet)
Wood folding chairs
paint serving trays (even though they serve no purpose)
tv stand (ok mabey not, I might get a new curbside one)

Decide what to do with couch and barstools.
put photos away
make shelves less ugly and eaiser to hang

Anyone got advice on what to do with a bunch of 12in by 12in cubes. i have about 8 of those and then three oblong ones. They serve no purpose now. I know if i have two bedroom I was thinking mounted storage but I dont know. Ideas? Also how does one make cheap wooden shelving not look so cheap
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 21, 2008 11:30:05 AM »

GothChics where the heck did you get that thread holder thing? Ive got so much thread and it blew out from my sewing box, well the sewing-tool-stuff thats homeless box. What do you do with bobbins? Can I also ask you how best to orgizine fabic and stuffing? I have very little fabic and a shoot load of cotton batting.  Im looking for ideas for my new place. Right now its all burried in boxes..... LOTS of boxes. Oddly enough I own more craft stuff than anything else
Hey does that comic book back thing work on small scraps of cloth (under a yard)?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008 12:20:07 PM by flying_babyb » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
Unfinished Projects
« Reply #138 on: October 06, 2008 12:01:06 PM »

I didn't take any before photos, but I (with DH watching) went through my sewing stuff yesterday.  We have a combined office/sewing room with a TV in there.  This is where we spend most of our time. LOL  I must say, I truly LOVE this room!!!!

The tables (I had to add another one yesterday) where my sewing machines are with my sewing supplies.  It's SO NICE to have two different colored thread in each machine and be able to go back and forth!!  So much easier!  The clear plastic bin to the right has all of my flannel in it, the box and green bin to the left are full of fabric, also.

This is to the left when you walk in the room (it used to be a double garage, but one of the owners prior to us closed it off and built a HUGE 6-stall detached garage).  This wall has my "design wall" for when I'm quilting and my ironing board and iron.  In the right corner is my quilt frame.  DH and I decided we are going to get some of those big bicycle hooks and put them high up on the wall for the long arms of the quilt frame, that way they will be out of the way.  You can also see my (folded) craft table.  Behind the door is the armoir that holds most of my fabric. (see next picture)

Armoir w/ fabric, batting, etc.

This is the "office" portion of the room.  Computer, printer, table and storage.

And showing the corner where we put the TV.  I highly recommend doing this!  It's nice to have it up high so it can be seen anywhere in the room.

The only thing I need, yet, is extra trash cans!  I was cutting out fabric for another purse yesterday (after I cleaned - it was HARD to mess it up again!) and had to keep going back and forth from the crafting table to the sewing table.  I'm going to get another one next time I go to WalMart.

I must admit, I LOVE looking at everyone's rooms!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

antijamsect

bb foxy and me

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #139 on: October 24, 2008 05:15:44 AM »

Okay, here is my mess! I am so overwhelmed I don't know where to begin!

It's awful - I was in a personal swap and I finished her package (a sublimated mug) but I haven't sent it because I can't find the blasted thing in all of this mess!

I feel very fortunate to have you as my fill a box swap partner!!!!  So excited!!!  Exclaimation! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Prepare Kadhai Paneer
How to Prepare Yakitori
How to Cook Yum Nuea
How to Cook Pad Thai Jay
How to Serve Barbecued Korean Chicken
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...